Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entropy burst not working as intended?

watusaytomepnk

So entropy burst clearly states that it buffs the "base status chance" this implies that it buffs the amount that is then boosted by your status mods.

If entropy burst was working the way its stated on the mod it would be Instead you get a flat %20 crit boost added after mods. examples below.

STATS AS STATED ON ENTROPY BURST

base:%30

Base with a 60/60: %48

Base with entropy burst:%50

Base with entropy burst and a 60/60: %80

Base with entropy burst and two 60/60: %100 (Actually %110 but caps at %100)

STATS AS THEY ARE AT PRESENT

Base:%30

Base with a 60/60: %48

Base with entropy burst: %50

Base with entropy burst and a 60/60: %68

Base with entropy burst and two 60/60s: %86

Base with entropy burst and three 60/60s: %100 (actually %104 but caps at %100)

Now you may be asking why i feel this is bad, I have two reasons, of which one is gameplay based.

Firstly it is bad to have your stated items lie to your players, the easiest way to remedy this situation would be to change the word "base" to the word "flat" solving this problem, however this would leave my second reason that this is a bad thing intact.

Reason #2, this takes away options, the fact of the matter is to people who have the supra vandal and are getting %100 status anyway they probably do not care much about the actual damage of the burst, the energy is relevant in some situations but the fact of the matter is the choice of "one additional forma for entropy burst and another mod" vs "4 elemental mods and no entropy burst" is much more interesting and less straightforward then the choice of "entropy burst and three elemental mods" vs "four elemental mods" as the first option allows you to add some additional utility to the weapon or weight your procs with entropy active whilst still taking advantage of the max status chance whilst the 4 elemental option gives you loads of damage but sacrifices utility. it also allows the option of a full gas build.

I don't know if i explained myself well enough, let me know what you think, thanks for reading!

Edited by watusaytomepnk

umm, entropy burst gives status, not crit. Also, it gives a 20% flat increase (works the same as shattering justice for sobek), not base. I'd say the real issue is bad wording of how it works.

without the mod you need ((100/30)-1)*100 status chance to reach 100% (233) = 4 dual (unless rivens)

with the augment you need ((80/30)-1)*100 status chance to reach 100% (166.7) = 3 dual (unless rivens)

TL;DR: Imagine is like dual mods, but gives 66.3% and the proc. You can use this augment + 1 dual + a status chance riven to reach 100% status and use pure elementals for higher damage (plus more chance to proc desired elements).

Edited by ReinAxefury
a little correction

5 hours ago, ReinAxefury said:

umm, entropy burst gives status, not crit. Also, it gives a 20% flat increase (works the same as shattering justice for sobek), not base. I'd say the real issue is bad wording of how it works.

without the mod you need ((100/30)-1)*100 status chance to reach 100% (233) = 4 dual (unless rivens)

with the augment you need ((80/30)-1)*100 status chance to reach 100% (166.7) = 3 dual (unless rivens)

TL;DR: Imagine is like dual mods, but gives 66.3% and the proc. You can use this augment + 1 dual + a status chance riven to reach 100% status and use pure elementals for higher damage (plus more chance to proc desired elements).

Error fixed, reference to crit was a mistake, thanks.

I understand how it actually functions, the extra examples I gave in the current vs stated stats were to add context and so that anybody who reads this can see how it works. it does not change the fact that I think the weapon would be healthier if it worked as stated instead of having the wording on the mod changed.

Whilst a status riven does fix my stated problem, rivens (especially those with a single specific stat) need to not be a required bandage on a weapon, look at the prices of rivens for the khom and khomak variants if you want examples (having a decent status roll makes them stupid pricy no matter what the other stats are), and while adding a bunch of status with a riven does work I still would say that having the status chance on entropy burst work as stated would be more interesting. imagine if you could reach 100 status with two 60s and burst, what stats could you fit on that riven if you didnt need status? could you turn it into a hybrid weapon with a crit riven? could you roll a riven with enough status to swap one of the 60s for a pure elemental mod or even something ballsy like +damage -accuracy? the possibilities are endless. the simple fact is that this weapon wants 100 status and making entropy burst apply as base status as stated opens up build paths and different styles of play by opening that mod slot to be used with something else instead of that third 60, or opens up stats on your riven to experimentation.

unfortunately the only way to make the situation better (that %100 is stupidly better then %99.9 status thanks to multishot) would be to change the entire way multishot works with multiple projectiles.

Edited by watusaytomepnk

10 hours ago, watusaytomepnk said:

rivens (especially those with a single specific stat) need to not be a required bandage on a weapon

This is something many people complain about, but sadly is one of the main reasons why they exist, DE just found a way to "fix" their weapons without doing too many changes to them and get to sell plat at the same time. I use a Supra Riven without status chance, just damage and multishot (and less crit chance ugh) with 4 dual mods. Corrosive/Explosive tends to do well for most things, actually kills enemies higher than where i would take the weapon anyway because of ammo economy.

As a player who still has Supra (not Vandal) as most used weapon even if I got Vandal when it got released, I must say 100% status is not nessisary on Supra.

The mod does what it's inteded to do, even if the text has been badly worded since it got released.

No mod changes the base stats of the equiptment it's on.

2 hours ago, watusaytomepnk said:

the issue isnt "need", the weapon's damage allows it to function without %100 status but it is exponentially stronger when all 2-3 multishots are applying status

Not much now stronger than 90% status, actually. Because it's not a shotgun.