Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Punish Afk Players

HAYABU5A

punish afk players to improve gameplay quality - implement system/mechanic 

people who AFK on purpose while the rest of the team is fighting for their lives is infuriating

atm all u can do is try your best to get them killed and not revive them or just quit the game if there is nothing to be lost

this behaviour is similar to BOTS in other online games, the person is just farming without playing for gain, other games go to great measures to keep the game true only to active players

i propose a reporting system where u can report a player specifically for leeching in matches, if said person gets enough complaints then there is a penalty or they can be kicked from a match if they are flagged as having a certain ratio of negative reports

i know we have reputation system in the works but it wont solve the actual problem if match making puts u in a squad with a leech

to all of u who leech i pray to the dark gods terrible things happen to u

on a positive , yeah its fine to go afk everynow and then ie; answer the door, something explodes, drop a load etc or even just telling squad u need to afk makes it all good 

people who get a certain percent of reports from different players in a 24hr period however obviously are leeching

I disagree, because snipers are treated like afk players by most. They call us "campers" because we sit in a spot with our sniper rifle.

Recently I had to invite random people from region chat to do some defense missions in Phobos, because I was sniping there. Only the noobs respected this, the more experienced players abandoned the map after the first five waves, some even at the start. One said he hates those campers.

no normal person would consider a player on a perch sniping away AFK, as long as your contributing and actively playing the mission then no one can complain in regards to leeching

death timer is a interesting idea.. no keyboard or mouse activity after say 5mins and timer starts muahah

So you are saying they are AFKing and getting something.

What are they getting from AFKing? They don't get mats and the credits given by normal missions eventually becomes chump change. They can't get mods while sitting still. They at least attract some of the enemies gunfire and you get 50xp for each revive. Sure their guns level, but they level too slowly doing nothing to be considered abuse (if they are too far away they don't gain xp).

There should be an avoid option, not a ban.

Edited by Jefftiffy

Simplest solution (because I've had matches where a friend had to go AFK for 5-10 minutes) is allow a votekick option on players that have been AFK longer than 3 minutes. That's plenty of time to go take a leak or something like that, and it leaves in the element of player choice.

Simplest solution (because I've had matches where a friend had to go AFK for 5-10 minutes) is allow a votekick option on players that have been AFK longer than 3 minutes. That's plenty of time to go take a leak or something like that, and it leaves in the element of player choice.

I like this one. Sometimes, when a nice alert comes, I login into my friend's account and help him get the reward but, some times he doesn't have the level unlocked and, I have to AFK on his account.

The players I've played have been ok with that so far because, I tell them. The only issue is that, if you can only kick them after a period of inactivity, what will you do if they poke their mouse every 30 seconds or so?

@akaSM
They can add in other situations that cause a vote kick to happen, such as:
-Be in a seperate tile than the rest of the group for X minutes (this stops you from just weighting down W and running against a wall to avoid the pure AFK kick, would aslo stop rushers and turtles in groups who dont want those people)
-Holding a spy datamas while the rest of the team is at extraction for X amount of time
-Holding a deception/MD datamass for X amount of time while party is at the tile to use iit

That would catch a majority of the trolls.

So you are saying they are AFKing and getting something.

What are they getting from AFKing? They don't get mats and the credits given by normal missions eventually becomes chump change. They can't get mods while sitting still. They at least attract some of the enemies gunfire and you get 50xp for each revive. Sure their guns level, but they level too slowly doing nothing to be considered abuse (if they are too far away they don't gain xp).

There should be an avoid option, not a ban.

yes of course no banning, thats too much, just a vote kick ability on players who are 'flagged' by having a certain amount of reports by different players within a certain time frame

or the timeout option would work actually

well there are lots of ways to do it, the best one being the one that cant be abused

they afk to leech XP btw or receive rewards sometimes on mission completion