The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS on my system.

uAir

I have a Ryzen 2700x, 16GB of RAM, GTX 1080 ti.

I can't get over 140fps at 1080p. I'm looking to go up to a 1440p monitor soon and I'm worried that the game experience will get worse if I jump up in resolution.
Is this a result of the Ryzen 2700x just not being a strong single threaded CPU? Should I swap it for an i7 8700k instead?

Can someone with similar system specs tell me what you're getting and can someone with an 8700k + GTX 1080 ti tell me what fps you're getting at 1080p and 1440p resolutions?

Huhm... kinda odd because my friend has a Ryzen 5 2600x, 32GB of RAM, GTX 980Ti and he gets pretty much 270fps+ everywhere on max settings 1080p, so by comparison your specs should yield in better fps. Also replacing the Ryzen 2700x with the i7 8700k won't make any differences at all since I believe that Warframe is more of GPU bounded instead of CPU bounded as DE had claimed, so save your money on that part.

Anyway, make sure that all of your drivers are up-to-dated, as well as uninstalling AMD's GPU driver as it may conflicts with the NVIDIA drivers. Also, you should try to "verifize" the game, defrag the driver, move Warframe to a SSD, clean window's chunks and turn off every minor background tasks. However, if the problem still persists then you should consider checking whether all of the PC components and cables are plugged in properly as a loose cable can lead to frames loss. If you believe that your PC is thermal throttling then make sure to check that as well.

If you have done everything as suggested and there isn't any improvements at all, then you should contact supports... and if the supports can't even help you then I guess you're SOL. Good luck!

software is a fickle mistress, the other software on your computer other than Warframe will impact your performance in games. and as such, everybodys' computer gets different performance even with the same hardware.

for Warframe specifically, are we talking about Hosting Missions like Plains, Survival/Capture (or other Gamemodes that have large Level Seeds) with 4 Players? those are low performance situations.
what about playing Missions Solo? getting a scope of what your min and max is when you're doing what in the game will help a lot to determine if you need to take shorts in the dark on looking for Driver/software Conflicts, Et Cetera.

9 minutes ago, Tonyshark116 said:

since I believe that Warframe is more of GPU bounded instead of CPU bounded as DE had claimed, so save your money on that part.

Warframe is entirely CPU bound. and at no point would Digital Extremes have said the game is GPU bound, because it's the complete opposite possible end of the spectrum.
but, not in a way that you can upgrade out of any performance woes. as the upgrades just wouldn't really be any faster because such a Processor just literally isn't faster.

I have an I7 8750h 6 cores/12 threads and a GTX 1050M Ti. According to my personal observation, even in chaotic environments such as ESO, Cetus or Plague Stars' final stage, the game only utilizes up to 15% usage of my CPU, comparing to 70% of my GPU and I still get 60fps+ all the time... but people having different specs may results in different resource utilization so I'm not sure for everyone else. In the end, I would think that DE actually designed Warframe to be more CPU bounded for low end users, and more GPU bounded for high end users.

If the game is CPU limited, changing resolution with v-sync off will have little to no change to FPS. Some games will not use all CPU cores, so a fast CPU single thread speed will be good.

Easy way to check if game and GPU can handle super high resolution. Quit game. Right click empty area on desktop, Nvidia control panel, manage 3D settings, DSR Factors, 1.50x, 2.00x and more. Then start game, options, try super high resolution.