The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Event: Shards of Prisma

Fallen_Echo

Hello there, Tenno!

Today im gonna bring in my latest idea of a reoccurring even for warframe, the Shards of Prisma!

The premise is pretty simple, Baro Ki'teer sends out a message explaining that the Grineer barbarians somehow found one of his prisma vessel and shot it down. He would greatly appreciate if we could recover some of the pure Prisma what might have survived the explosion and the landing.

After we got the message we gain access to an orbiter segment called Prisma Stabilizer. 

Now that this is done let me explain how the whole event goes:

The missions:

Each planet has 4 nodes where the players can recover Prisma. The purity of the crystals is crucial so each drop gets less valuable from the moment it hits the floor, in some cases the integrity of the container is already compromised so its important to keep the Prisma safe.

The following missions can become part of the event:

1.) Exterminate, these barbarians have shared the valuable crystals among their troopers as charms not knowing that the pure crystal is radioactive and fade their color if they dont get refined.

In these missions the players have to complete an exterminate mission while also finding troopers who have prisma shine on them. The enemies with prisma shards deal radiation damage and explode into a radiation cloud when killed. Each Prisma drop starts at the value of 100 and loses 10 points/second, only one player has to pick them up for the team but the said player is permanently rad procced till finishing the run. A least minimum of prisma what drops throught enemies is 500.

2.) Defense, Baro has located a container of Prisma what we need to recover. The container is in terrible conditions, each hit will destabilize some Prisma but it seems like the Grineer built in a collection system so we can fill it with more Prisma if we can find some.

In these missions the players have to defend a Prisma container. The container has half health points than a regular defense objective but before taking hits to it each hit removes 50-75 Prisma from it. Each container starts with 1000 Prisma in it.

Some grineer in the attack waves have some degraded shards on them, marked by the prisma shine. IF a player kills these grineers they drop a shard worth 10 points, due to the degradion it no longer explodes the grineer but still perma-rad procs the player till he places the shard in the container. The shards degrade 1 point every 2 sec. Grineers with shards cannot be crowd controlled and cannot take more damage than 1% of their current health from powers.

The players at extraction get the amount of Prisma they have collected.

3.) Spy, our operatives has managed to find a fortified vault where the grineer stores large quantities of salvaged Prisma. The reports made it clear that the grineer knows we will come and called in large forces to defende the vault.

In these missions the players have to find the vault that contains the shards. Out of the three vaults only one of them has Prisma in it, the other two are traps, when a player enters a trap room and finishes the hack objective a lockdown activates across the whole map and spawns 100-200 units who are atleast 25 level higher than their normal counterparts. The players have to defeat these units before they could progress.

When a lockdown activates the players have total 5 minutes to complete the mission and get the Prisma before the grineer destroys it. The activated lockdown also changes all lock to the maximum possible difficulty. Once the lockdown is active the Prisma is continouly destroyed in a 16/sec rate.

Each vault has double amount of patrol units (not scanners), set up ramparts to cover the area and planted a minefield in the service tunnels. To find the proper vault the players need to use their eyes to find the marks the Prisma leaves like, disorted textures, blueish gas clouds and so on.

The mission in itself spawns double amount of units and traps.

Finishing this mode grants 5000 Prisma for the players if done flawlessly.

4.) Mobile defense, we have a container ready for transmit but the enemy has mobilized in the area. Our operatives cannot handle the situation, we need Tenno help to proceed.

In this mission the players have to defend one of them who carries a Prisma container on its back throught the map.

While the container is picked up the player cannot perform acrobatics and he is rad procced.

Each time the carrier takes damage the container loses 10 shards and when the carrier goes down the container loses 100 shards.

The enemy is constantly swarming the players increasing in levels by 1 every minute that has passed.

This mission rewards the players with 1000 points of prisma if done flawlessly.

The Prisma Stabilizer:

Once the player built this segment he can proceed to refine Prisma. At this point Baro joins in the communication channel explaining that the stabilization and purification is an extremely delicate process for what he has a dedicated ship, to make the process work with that small stabilizer segment we need void energy sources.

Recipes:

• Lith Refinement: 1 Lith relic and 50 shards awards the player with 5 points of Prisma. Depending on the refinement of the relic you get +1 point of Prisma for each refinement level.
  • Meso Refinement: 1 Meso relic and 100 shards award the player with 10 points of Prisma. Depending on the refinement of the relic you get +2 points of Prisma for each refinement level.
  • Neo Refinement: 1 Neo relic and 200 shards award the player with 20 points of Prisma. Depending on the refinement of the relic you get +1 points of Prisma for each refinement level.
  • Axi Refinement: 1 Axi relic and 400 shards award the player with 40 points of Prisma. Depending on the refinement of the relic you get +2 points of Prisma for each refinement level.
  • Common Prime Refinement: 1 common prime part and 100 shards reward the player with 30 points of Prisma.
  • Uncommon Prime Refinement: 1 uncommon prime part and 200 shards reward the player with 90 points of Prisma.
  • Rare Prime Refinement: 1 rare prime part and 300 shards reward the player with 270 points of Prisma.

The rewards:

At this point you might ask wheres the community part of the event. Well apart from the rewards listed here the players can pay 5000 points of prisma to vote on a drop down list on what weapon should be the next to get Prisma'ed.

Additionally for recovering enough Prisma for Baro fills up tiers what each give out different reward for everybody who participated in the event.

Now lets talk about the rewards i imagined for this event:

Tier rewards (in order, numbers are decided by DE i just give approxes.)

1. Potatoes, because most people always needs them. Avaible at 1 million points of Prisma refined.
  2. Prisma bullet skin. This skin lets you apply prisma texture to all projectiles. Avaible at 3 million points of Prisma refined.
  3. Azuron Prime. This melee weapon with a click of the alt-fire button turns from dual bladed staff to dual Nikanas. Beautifully crafted orokin handle combined with pure Prisma blades. Avaible at 6 million points of Prisma refined.

Regular rewards for point exchange:

1. Prisma'ed armors. Atleast 3 armor sets have been Prisma'ed for this event. Each part costs 100 points of Prisma.
  2. Prisma'ed Syandanas. Just as upper we can choose from 3 new Prisma Syandanas. Each one costs 500 points of Prisma.
  3. Prisma warframe skins: 2 new Prisma based warframe skins avaible for 1000 points of Prisma.
  4. Prisma fur: This unique skin lets you apply Prisma style effect to any Kubrow or Kavat. Avaible for 1000 points of Prisma.
  5. Prisma weapons. 2 new Prisma weapons what we can get for 1000 points of Prisma.
  6. Prisma Crystal shard: A new decoration avaible for 100 points of Prisma.
  7. Prisma'ed Operator suit: One of the operator suits gets Prisma treatment. Avaible for 500 points of Prisma.
  8. Peciular Shine: With this mod each acrobatics a player does creates prisma shine on them based on their energy color. Avaible for 1000 points of Prisma.

Well this is it, feel free to share your thought about it. Thanks for reading.

You DO know that Rad proc's effect is confusion, right? How could that pair up with a mission as long as you envision, whatever mode it is, if the whole team will get confused at some point in time?

Would be a hell of a difficulty if only 1 or 2 got confused, depending on the frame; I don't even want to imagine how could it be with the whole team affected.

Other than that, with a couple tweaked numbers and less chinese hardcore missions, it could be an absolute BANG of an event. I'd gladly play it if it went up:thumbup:

12 minutes ago, SigmaBlack said:

You DO know that Rad proc's effect is confusion, right? How could that pair up with a mission as long as you envision, whatever mode it is, if the whole team will get confused at some point in time?

Would be a hell of a difficulty if only 1 or 2 got confused, depending on the frame; I don't even want to imagine how could it be with the whole team affected.

Other than that, with a couple tweaked numbers and less chinese hardcore missions, it could be an absolute BANG of an event. I'd gladly play it if it went up:thumbup:

I know that the rad proc enables teamkill on every frame, yes.

The only mission where you cant get rid of the rad proc is the exterminate, thats why its there that only one person is needed to collect the items and even there with a little planning and communication you wont have any problem.

"Guys i got a shard soo i turn of wof." OR "Guys i carry the container, do go infornt of me because i use the kulstar."

Also if someone doesnt want to deal with rad procs, they can go and do the hard spy mode.

It not only enables friendly fire from the team to that particular player... it also enables friendly fire in the viceversa way: imagine a confused Valkyr whose A.I. decides activating Hysteria... "GG, well played" rest of the team, because that absolutely bonkers lvl of dmg paired with the invincibility would wreck her entire team, period.

I know, everyone has 4 revives. But that's not the point; the thing is, the A.I. could decide to do it each and every one of the times the other players revive, efectively screwing the whole mission altogether.

That's why a perma Rad proc would be a no-go, even for 1 frame at a time. Other than that, as I said before.

1 hour ago, SigmaBlack said:

It not only enables friendly fire from the team to that particular player... it also enables friendly fire in the viceversa way: imagine a confused Valkyr whose A.I. decides activating Hysteria... "GG, well played" rest of the team, because that absolutely bonkers lvl of dmg paired with the invincibility would wreck her entire team, period.

I know, everyone has 4 revives. But that's not the point; the thing is, the A.I. could decide to do it each and every one of the times the other players revive, efectively screwing the whole mission altogether.

That's why a perma Rad proc would be a no-go, even for 1 frame at a time. Other than that, as I said before.

Wait a little bit there.... do you know what happens if you get rad procced? Have you ever done a radiation sortie?

Heres a video, the thing you talk about is Confusion an effect what only happens to the AI. Warframes aka players get teamkill activated on them and thats it. A troll can kill his team and his team can kill the troll, radiation procs DONT TAKE OUT CONTROL FROM THE PLAYERS!

With a little coordination and self awaressness you dont get killed and you dont kill people, i mean just look at the guy in the vid. According to you he should have been taken over and cast Disarm on the team while also shooting at them like a madman but thats not the case.

27 minutes ago, Wind_Blade said:

I will fail this mission because i will kill baro at the moment i see him in the mission (only 100 ducats for a rare prime part ??)

Well what do you expect, the base idea behind Baro is to create a self-regulating system for the prime parts we have.

That combined with the vaulting process makes sure that unless something is extremely common it wont lose too much value and only grow when the vaulting happens.

This is a really cool idea for an event but I think that instead of players voting for a new prisma weapon, they should be able to make any weapon a prisma weapon by giving baro some ducats and credits whenever he comes around. This would simply take a large amount of your prisma and then work like a multiplier for your weapon stats as well as making it look shiny

hace 6 horas, Fallen_Echo dijo:

*snip*

Have done Rad Sorties of course, but in them it didn't matter one bit because 2 secs after entering a cloud you were dead in the ground because the clouds also do bonkers-lvl dmg. Some months since I've done them too, not a real interest of mine.

Thing is, I did speak of the Confusion effect because I remember being proced with it some time in the past and the A.I. taking control of my frame for a couple seconds until it wore off. Thankfully nothing happened other than enemies still targeting and damaging me, but sure as hell remember being unable to do anything than looking at the screen for like 8 secs. Maybe it was a bug, and I would be glad if it got corrected, but my exprerience with it it's not a happy one.

9 hours ago, Waterbeacon said:

This is a really cool idea for an event but I think that instead of players voting for a new prisma weapon, they should be able to make any weapon a prisma weapon by giving baro some ducats and credits whenever he comes around. This would simply take a large amount of your prisma and then work like a multiplier for your weapon stats as well as making it look shiny

The problem with that is in that case DE has to look at our current weapon list and apply prisma to all of them. Since it requies some stat changes and applying some skins aswell im pretty sure it would be a tall order to fast prisma more than 300 weapons.

6 hours ago, SigmaBlack said:

Have done Rad Sorties of course, but in them it didn't matter one bit because 2 secs after entering a cloud you were dead in the ground because the clouds also do bonkers-lvl dmg. Some months since I've done them too, not a real interest of mine.

Thing is, I did speak of the Confusion effect because I remember being proced with it some time in the past and the A.I. taking control of my frame for a couple seconds until it wore off. Thankfully nothing happened other than enemies still targeting and damaging me, but sure as hell remember being unable to do anything than looking at the screen for like 8 secs. Maybe it was a bug, and I would be glad if it got corrected, but my exprerience with it it's not a happy one.

Never heard of that before, it was either a bug or an early "feature" of the game.

Sorry but when i read the AI part i assumed that you think i want to create some suicide missions. I just want the standard no-confusion radiation applied to players where the only thing making the gameplay harder is the need to communicate and strategise.