Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting rip lined after sleep/knockdown

Abyssshy

I was messing around with Ivara's artesmis bow Augment and I was putting ancient healers and such to sleep and even after 2 seconds of them being asleep ill get rip lined out of the blue and I know this is happens if they've been knocked down as well, it is also the same with heavy units doing their ground smash after they've been knocked down/sleeped It's been an annoyance for the longest time. How do you all feel about it?

Once an ability animation has begun in Warframe, it cannot be canceled. This does apply to players... somewhat (I've noticed more than once that I've had my Limbo banishes delayed via knockdown) but it's most egregious with enemies.

Although I find Noxes butt-sliding me hilarious, I also find it incredibly annoying that I can completely disable an enemy by knocking it down, except for that attack which the game decided took priority over the status I dished out. Being an avid player of DMC, and being used to interrupting enemy attacks via one of my own, this grates.

@Loza03Mostly with players. I've had abilities canceled when i was knocked down by something even half way through.

issue is the only true way to stop these enemy abilities is to kill them. CC won't stop harpoons or ground slams or eximus abilities. Heck an enemy can be on the ground or frozen near a console and they can still use it. I CC'd a guy near one and he still set off the alarm.

There is also the fact i've had ability projectiles vanish on me when getting downed. Fireball mid flight just poofs when i was brought to 0 health.

8 hours ago, Lancars said:

@Loza03Mostly with players. I've had abilities canceled when i was knocked down by something even half way through.

issue is the only true way to stop these enemy abilities is to kill them. CC won't stop harpoons or ground slams or eximus abilities. Heck an enemy can be on the ground or frozen near a console and they can still use it. I CC'd a guy near one and he still set off the alarm.

There is also the fact i've had ability projectiles vanish on me when getting downed. Fireball mid flight just poofs when i was brought to 0 health.

I think the only CC that stops alarms and abilities is Stasis, and that's only because it pauses the interaction, so when it comes down if the enemy's still there they'll finish what they started.

Honestly... I really like Warframe, but DE forgetting that Enemies are half of every encounter all the time is a little irritating. Their enemy design has gotten a lot better (compare PoE enemies and regular Grineer. PoE enemies have more distinct 'roles') but they haven't retroactively adjusted the old enemies. Yeah, they don't live that long and all that, but neither do Scarecrows or Basilisks in DMC4, but they were still given proper attention.