Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good link for hybrid zaw ?

TronionX

Question

As the title says, what would be a good/best link for a hybrid zaw ? currently i'm trying to decide if i should use vargeet jai II or ekwana jai II and i'm leaning a little bit more to vargeet jai II.

also, i've considered the regular jai II link but i'm not sure if it would be better than a slight increase in crit/status :l

i don't think that ruhang links are good for a hybrid build cuz of the low attack speed but if i'm wrong then please tell me :p

btw the zaw will be a dokrahm / plague bokwin or sthung, still deciding but it will most likely be the plague one.

7 answers to this question

It kinda depends on your grip too, 

I Try to get whatever give me close to  the following stats:

Speed :1

CC: 15

SC: 25

Since you want the dokhram 

May I suggest the seekala grip and eEkwana jai ll link? It Will push the speed to very high values while still doing acceptable damage I run the same and it is hilarious. 

It's really fun to run the tempo Royale stance with primed fury (or berserker if you wanna see the absolute madness) 

btw what is the exact reason for ekwana jai II ? Wouldn't more crit be better as you don't need more than 100 status but you do need over 100 crit ? I don't know much about hybrid builds and this is the first zaw i don't just want for mastery (cuz scythes are cool), so having that question answered would help me with any future zaws i'm gonna use :p

Also, is the extra attack speed from seekala worth it at the damage cost ? Cuz fury/berserker would probably be better for attack speed IMO and you could get a lot more damage from mods like primed pressure point, but then again i don't know much about that so explaining that would also be really nice :s

(Perfectly agree with tempo royale and berserker, cuz smashing stuff is fun)

Main reason to build status over crit on the zaw is probably because Blood Rush is going to get you your orange and red crits no matter what. You don't want to tank crit completely to help Berserker get started and other things, but Blood Rush as a mod gives you a lot of leeway in your zaw design. I as well like the Ewkana Jai II on a lot of zaws, getting that extra base status helps a lot and the loss on crit chance isn't too terrible.

Thanks for explaining that, it helps a lot :p But still i get the feeling that if i lose my combo, i'm gonna lose all my crits :l and losing combo is really eazy without naramon (my main focus is madurai),yes i know that body count/drifting contact exist but it would be a lot more ideal to not have to focus on losing combo, but i guess there's no way around that :/

btw would you reccomend using gladiator mods ?

14 hours ago, TronionX said:

Thanks for explaining that, it helps a lot 😛 But still i get the feeling that if i lose my combo, i'm gonna lose all my crits :l and losing combo is really eazy without naramon (my main focus is madurai),yes i know that body count/drifting contact exist but it would be a lot more ideal to not have to focus on losing combo, but i guess there's no way around that 😕

btw would you reccomend using gladiator mods ?

That is the tradeoff, you need to be on your toes for the crits to stay, but 10 seconds is more than enough in most scenarios where you would need to output high damage (defenses tend to get harder cause of the delay between the waves) almost all other game modes  will be easier with these builds, as I have very rarely had a moment where there wasn't an enemy to hit. 

Also the crits plateau at about 3x multiplier (5.95x multiplier on Crit chance with blood rush) anything more needs ridiculous hits. 

Which is 100% CC with a base chance of 17% this would have been the golden number to have but the closest your have is 14 or 18 which will net you about 90% or 107.1 %

The highest base Crit you can get is 32% CC on the keewar which will become 190% CC, at 3x

But then your status is gonna suck at 14%, weeping wounds scales poorly compared to blood rush. 

You will need 2xdual status mod + drifting + weeping wounds for reliable status chances at 3x combo. 

And let's be honest CO builds are stronger but only work with reliable status (70% to 100 %). 

And while there are many means to improve crits (arcane, kavat, abilities) there are not as many means to improve status... At least I am not aware of it, outside forced procs by melee stances and certain weapon passives (only valid on that weapon) . 

Hence I prefer to run more status than critical chance on my builds,

it would be great if I could get both at high values (rivens with the right roll could do it) but for now I am sticking to this. As the most versatile option. 

I have built all kinds of Zaws and I find this to be most convenient. 

Gladiator mods are not bad but in most instances I do not use them as there are better mods I could use instead ,

they have very little impact on low level missions and at high level your build will not have space for them (assuming you already have blood rush) . 

Gladiator rush - drifting contact is better (according to me) 

Gladiator vice - used in many of my builds that don't need too much speed (most of my single swords and some scythe)

Gladiator aegis - steel fiber and umbra fiber provide more value, I Ocassionally use it on valkyr or rhino or inaros for super tank builds pretty pointless on anything else. 

Gladiator might - this I sometimes use in place of organ shatter when the cc on weapon is at the edge of breaking into orange or red crits gives the same or slightly lower dps than organ shatter on other weapons , also use it on pure Crit weapons in addition to organ shatter. 

Gladiator resolve - usually pointless very rarely used on inaros for giggles. 

Gladiator finesse - as useless as it is rare, I do not foresee myself using this for any viable build for regular or high level gameplay. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
About gladiator mods

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

That is the tradeoff, you need to be on your toes for the crits to stay, but 10 seconds is more than enough in most scenarios where you would need to output high damage (defenses tend to get harder cause of the delay between the waves) almost all other game modes  will be easier with these builds, as I have very rarely had a moment where there wasn't an enemy to hit. 

Also the crits plateau at about 3x multiplier (5.95x multiplier on Crit chance with blood rush) anything more needs ridiculous hits. 

Which is 100% CC with a base chance of 17% this would have been the golden number to have but the closest your have is 14 or 18 which will net you about 90% or 107.1 %

The highest base Crit you can get is 32% CC on the keewar which will become 190% CC, at 3x

But then your status is gonna suck at 14%, weeping wounds scales poorly compared to blood rush. 

You will need 2xdual status mod + drifting + weeping wounds for reliable status chances at 3x combo. 

And let's be honest CO builds are stronger but only work with reliable status (70% to 100 %). 

And while there are many means to improve crits (arcane, kavat, abilities) there are not as many means to improve status... At least I am not aware of it, outside forced procs by melee stances and certain weapon passives (only valid on that weapon) . 

Hence I prefer to run more status than critical chance on my builds,

it would be great if I could get both at high values (rivens with the right roll could do it) but for now I am sticking to this. As the most versatile option. 

I have built all kinds of Zaws and I find this to be most convenient. 

Gladiator mods are not bad but in most instances I do not use them as there are better mods I could use instead ,

they have very little impact on low level missions and at high level your build will not have space for them (assuming you already have blood rush) . 

Gladiator rush - drifting contact is better (according to me) 

Gladiator vice - used in many of my builds that don't need too much speed (most of my single swords and some scythe)

Gladiator aegis - steel fiber and umbra fiber provide more value, I Ocassionally use it on valkyr or rhino or inaros for super tank builds pretty pointless on anything else. 

Gladiator might - this I sometimes use in place of organ shatter when the cc on weapon is at the edge of breaking into orange or red crits gives the same or slightly lower dps than organ shatter on other weapons , also use it on pure Crit weapons in addition to organ shatter. 

Gladiator resolve - usually pointless very rarely used on inaros for giggles. 

Gladiator finesse - as useless as it is rare, I do not foresee myself using this for any viable build for regular or high level gameplay. 

Thanks a lot :p I will probably use dokhram cuz scythes, plague bokwin for dmg and speed and ekwana jai II for status and speed :)

just a little aditional question, what zaw arcanes do you reccomend (this is just me curious about what you use cuz i will most likely use exodia hunt with tempo royale)

1 hour ago, TronionX said:

just a little aditional question, what zaw arcanes do you reccomend (this is just me curious about what you use cuz i will most likely use exodia hunt with tempo royale)

I have onlly built 3 full exodia arcanes up to R10 (shame on me i know)

Exodia Epidemic for most "regular" missions as quick crowd control and its fun to see enemies float while you slice and dice em.

Exodia Contagion - I love this but it tends to kill me more than any enemy unit in the game - very rarely use it outside of the POE - its basically a pocket tonkor thats more powerful.

Hunt - Cause common sense - Drag enemies in melee range? Stagger them? which can then be finishered? for a CO enabled weapon? yes please. - but i only use it on my dokram with tempo royale stance as currently "standard slam" tends to have a slight delay in which enemies tend to recover from stagger at times unless you have high speeds.

I might build the channeled arcanes with melee 3.0 but i do not see a good reason to use em, i may be wrong as i can only advise you on things i have used.