Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller bindings not saving and can not unbind buttons.

lukeyami

It has been happening for a while that the controller will randomly assign buttons on the controller (I am using a 360 controller on PC), but this last update the controller binding menu will not only not save the config of buttons I assign, it will now not allow me to get rid of some assigned buttons. I normally have toggle crouch on LB and roll on Left on the D-pad, but now I can not assign either of those and save it, also the crouch, slide, roll button is always on one of the keys and I can not remove it as I never use it. I used to have this bind disabled.

I have been wasting an hour trying to get this to work, any ideas on fixes on my end?

Thanks.

Edit: my melee channelling button (normally LT) is missing and can not be rebound at the moment.

Edited by lukeyami

I'm getting something similar to this. There does seem to be some issues with the new keymapping UI, but I managed to get past them, and everything seemed fine until I went into a mission and discovered my controls had been reset to default.

This is quite a big issue, so I'd guess DE will stamp it out fairly soon. Until then the best options would be either to make do with the default control scheme or use mouse and keyboard.

I am having the same problem. In the new UI for the controller customization, the labels for each button change, but the actual button assignment doesn't. Every time I try to save the new layout, it just immediately reverts to the default after I leave the options menu. 

It's really frustrating to have to use the default settings to play with a controller.

Is pretty much like my situation, every time I try to custo my button it wont and never remember the the place and when I try to change my ability menu to my LB (Xbox controle) it wont change because on my focus tranference is on the same place, so i try to switch my focus tranference place but wont change my ability menu except to RB, and they no CONFIRMATION button to confirme my controle which is annoying, only DEFAULT and BACK so i throught the game wont save because i press back EVEN if they says confirme the change, it wont save. Please DE many of us as the problem I hope you will be able to fix this.

If I remember correctly, the devs don’t work on weekends, so we might have to wait until Canadian Monday for another hotfix, and even then they mightn’t have sorted out this issue in particular. Regardless, I’m willing to wait.

Edited by super_dan_2003
Accidentally repeated something from another reply

似たような問題が発生しています。Xbox oneのコントローラを使用しLTに近接速攻と近接攻撃を設定しているのですが、

キメラ アップデート以降、近接攻撃(Exalted Blade等も含む)が正常に動作せず近接攻撃が出来ません。

近接速攻と、片手セカンダリ銃とブーメランの同時持ち時の近接攻撃は出来ます。

また、この2つのキーバインドをLBに設定した場合は正常に動作しました。

I'm having a similar problem: I'm playing the Steam version of Warframe with an Xbox One wireless controller plus a keyboard & mouse.  Many months ago, I successfully customized/re-assigned the buttons on my controller to a configuration of my choosing.  Yesterday, I tried to reset my controller's configuration to the default settings - but I was completely unable to successfully do this.  I tried at least 6 times & no success.

Also, I successfully customized the controller's right shoulder button to perform context actions.  This works great in every part of the game except when I'm trying to navigate any of the in-game menus - only my left shoulder button is able to move the cursor to the left during an in-game menu.  The right shoulder button doesn't work in the menus at all. 

Questions:  1) Are any of you having trouble choosing the Battle/Extract option during endless missions?

2) Any problems using the controller's shoulder buttons navigating in-game menus?

3) Are all of you using the Steam version of Warframe?

15 hours ago, MasterXandar said:

Is pretty much like my situation, every time I try to custo my button it wont and never remember the the place and when I try to change my ability menu to my LB (Xbox controle) it wont change because on my focus tranference is on the same place, so i try to switch my focus tranference place but wont change my ability menu except to RB, and they no CONFIRMATION button to confirme my controle which is annoying, only DEFAULT and BACK so i throught the game wont save because i press back EVEN if they says confirme the change, it wont save. Please DE many of us as the problem I hope you will be able to fix this.

I'm having problems with the shoulder buttons on my Xbox One wireless controller too.

1 hour ago, GkarB5 said:

Questions:  1) Are any of you having trouble choosing the Battle/Extract option during endless missions?

2) Any problems using the controller's shoulder buttons navigating in-game menus?

1) no, however my controller is so messed up now I can't really play...

3) No it's not a steam only problem, I play from the stand alone launcher. If someone can confirm that you can rebind from steam I'd be grateful

4 minutes ago, schithen said:

1) no, however my controller is so messed up now I can't really play...

3) No it's not a steam only problem, I play from the stand alone launcher. If someone can confirm that you can rebind from steam I'd be grateful

I'm glad to learn that this problem is not limited to the Steam version.

Thank you for your reply!

On 2018-10-14 at 10:45 PM, TOUYA-JpTENNO said:

似たような問題が発生しています。Xbox oneのコントローラを使用しLTに近接速攻と近接攻撃を設定しているのですが、

キメラ アップデート以降、近接攻撃(Exalted Blade等も含む)が正常に動作せず近接攻撃が出来ません。

近接速攻と、片手セカンダリ銃とブーメランの同時持ち時の近接攻撃は出来ます。

また、この2つのキーバインドをLBに設定した場合は正常に動作しました。

Translation (google translate sorry): A similar problem has occurred. I have set up proximity haste and melee attacks on LT using the controller of Xbox one, Since chimera update, melee attack (including Exalted Blade etc) does not work properly and melee attack can not be done. Proximity haste and melee attack when simultaneous holding of single handed secondary gun and boomerang can be done. Also, when these two key binds were set to LB, it worked normally.

Unfortunately the most recent hotfix doesn’t fix this, but hopefully DE can at least roll back the new controller mapping UI until they can sort it out.

Super Dan pointed me to this thread which i missed last night, so i will repost what i put in my thread about this issue here as well

Tonight I ran into a very strange UI issue involving the keymapping on my Xbox 360 Wired Controller (the ones they made for PC use). I have used this controller on Warframe for over a year now with no issues. Basically, The mainline seems to have remapped some of my buttons, specifically the Melee Energy Channeling functionality. This used to be mapped to left trigger, which is the default ranged weapon aim button (this mirrors the mouse key set up, where the left mouse button both aims and channels). However since the mainline this hasn't been functioning, and it only became an issue tonight when I was trying to channel and just could not get it to fire.

So I went into the gameplay controller mapping UI , and saw that melee channel was now mapped to..... Left on the Dpad. Except when I tested THAT button - it didn't work, it just ability scrolled. When I went to try and reset the binding, I was able to do so, Hit save, and went to try it out.  No channeling =(. When I re-opened the controller keybind map? it was reset back to left D-pad. I went through this process 3-4 times, with no luck. It always reset. 

At this point I am not really sure what to do. While I realize channeling is going away soon, and it's not the ZOMG best thing anyway, I wasn't able to remap ANY buttons successfully, and that is kinda scary/a bug/not OK.

My experience is that the native Warframe controller support is completely broken. However, the Steam overlay support works well enough but you have to configure the regular (not controller for some weird reason)  "look" speeds as its too fast at least for me.

Edited by Maelthric

I seem to be having pretty much the exact same problem as everyone else, but I've learned something really interesting that seems to be related. Before it broke, Melee Channel had previously been bound to LT, and is now bound to D-Pad Left, overriding Ability D if ever I'm using a melee weapon. Any attempts to move Melee Channel off of D-Pad Left seem to work, visually, but will revert whenever I save changes.
pRsrzYv.png
However, it gets stranger. Attempting to rebind any other buttons, such as switching Sprint/Roll and Quick Melee/Melee Attack, does not impact the UI above visually, both before and after changes are saved. And yet, it does affect the game. I reset controls to default, and nothing in the picture actually changed. However, when I attempted to then play the game, I found that my controls had, in fact, been reset to default (barring Melee Channel, which was still stuck to D-Pad Left, which, as I understand it, is not its default position). I checked the controller layout again, and nothing on it had changed. As RB was my button for Context Actions, my Incubator prompted me to use RB to interact with it. But, pressing RB after resetting to defaults instead triggered Focus and Transference. Ultimately, I went back into the controller menu, rebound everything to the buttons they claimed to be bound to, and in the end got my controller back to how it used to be, again barring Melee Channel, which is still stuck to D-Pad Left.

I've just come up with a solution, sucks though. First if you need to write down your controller setup do so now. Then, shut down Steam, and warframe altogether.  You'll have to uninstall controller profile under devices in windows, turn off bluetooth (if you use it) then turn back on, and pair controller with PC again.

Its been three days since I can play the game since the hotfix on the 10/16/2018 (MM/DD/YY) ruined the controller settings and they cant change nor save its getting annoying cant play a fast pace game with a awkward layout it cramps my hand in 5 mins and it looks like I'm not playing for the weekend either due to this undermined issue.

13 hours ago, z3r0121blak said:

I've just come up with a solution, sucks though. First if you need to write down your controller setup do so now. Then, shut down Steam, and warframe altogether.  You'll have to uninstall controller profile under devices in windows, turn off bluetooth (if you use it) then turn back on, and pair controller with PC again.

Does this affect other games as well? If it does then it’s probably too much of a hassle for most people. Good find though, hopefully DE fix it soon enough that nobody needs it.

8 hours ago, The_Caleb_Guy said:

Still no patch fix. I cant play for longer periods of time because my wrist is bad. hope it gets patched soon.

8 hours ago, TriniGhost said:

Its been three days since I can play the game since the hotfix on the 10/16/2018 (MM/DD/YY) ruined the controller settings and they cant change nor save its getting annoying cant play a fast pace game with a awkward layout it cramps my hand in 5 mins and it looks like I'm not playing for the weekend either due to this undermined issue.

I have bad tendons in my hand, so K&M is pretty bad for me, especially in a game like Warframe. I would use the default controller setup, but it’s really bad to say the least. It’d be nice to see a new default, but I suppose it doesn’t matter if players can change it to their preference.

I must say though, I am very surprised that this isn’t a more prominent issue. My guess is that not everyone is affected by this, or simply less people use controllers than I had previously thought. 

Looking over this thread, I noticed that nobody said they were using anything other than an Xbox One or 360 controller, with quite a few people saying they were using one or the other. If anyone reading this does happen to be using a different type, please say so.

Hopefully DE at least recognises that there is a problem. I get that there is a lot of bugs with Chimera, but hopefully we’ll see a fix, or at least a rollback, within the next few hotfixes.

On 2018-10-14 at 12:36 PM, GkarB5 said:

I'm having a similar problem: I'm playing the Steam version of Warframe with an Xbox One wireless controller plus a keyboard & mouse.  Many months ago, I successfully customized/re-assigned the buttons on my controller to a configuration of my choosing.  Yesterday, I tried to reset my controller's configuration to the default settings - but I was completely unable to successfully do this.  I tried at least 6 times & no success.

Also, I successfully customized the controller's right shoulder button to perform context actions.  This works great in every part of the game except when I'm trying to navigate any of the in-game menus - only my left shoulder button is able to move the cursor to the left during an in-game menu.  The right shoulder button doesn't work in the menus at all. 

I'm very happy to report that my issues have been resolved thanks to the following instructions provided by Warframe Support's [DE]Tyrone:

It seems that some files are corrupted in Warframe's download cache.

I would first recommend doing a verify and optimize on your download cache. You can do this in the Warframe's stand-alone launcher settings menu. After opening the launcher, please follow the steps below:

• Click on the little gear in the upper right of the Warframe launcher
  • Click either verify or optimize, and after you have done either one of them, please click the other one. Please check the link here for the screenshot: 

74x7xBDhIijmZ5JX4ACMzIK4Y?token=eyJhbGci

Also, when the game is not running, try going to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe and deleting all the funny named folders (like F36423HGJYG5434000 ) and any .cfg files. Please note, this will delete your key bindings and all the other in-game settings but not any game progress.