Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller bindings not saving and can not unbind buttons.

lukeyami

i use a PS4 controller atm, all my xbox 1 controllers end up being useless with in a month cause the micro usb port gets loose. same thing with my ps4 controller now but its been about 2 years for that to happen. Im using the DX4 windows app so i can use it. some games, recognize the ps4 and some dont.

The solution in this thread worked for me:

Basically: open the controller keybind menu. Hit the "defaults" button. (..maybe hit it a few times. i did it 3 to really get it to stick), then exit out of the menu and save settings. then reopen the menu and configure the controls as you want (in my case, moving melee channel from left dpad on my 360 controller to left trigger) and save. Test and see if it works!

As a note, I also re-verified and re-optimized my download cache prior to this, which did not work on it own.

I have also tried every suggested solution that's been posted here and in other threads multiple times, but nothing has worked. At this point, the only thing I have left to try is to completely uninstall the game.

It is extremely frustrating that it's been almost two weeks since this issue came about and that there is still nothing to fix it.

I'm having the same issue. I created a thread yesterday and then I saw this. I'm also having a major predicament where using melee as a main interrupts the ability to use the sprint button at all, and I can't use channeling without binding it to a button that already uses melee. It's gone all kinds of haywire and I can't unassign buttons to clear the slate and set it back to the former setup that I was very satisfied with.

Talk about frustrating, especially since I can't get the event done with all this weirdness going on, nor can I use the keyboard, because my fingers lock too easily. 😱

Still no fix outright, And Ive tried all the "self fixes" i read here. This is getting frustrating, luckily I have other games to keep me occupied atm but my go to game I am unable to play for an extensive period of time because of my bad wrist. Please @DE can we get a fix.

I couldn´t change the controls too, but then I tried to change them using my own playstation controller. Enter the configuration screen and instead of using the mouse to choose the new controls use your controller to do it. Almost everything works fine now, the only thing I can´t do is slide with a melee weapon equipped

Also tried suggested fixes in this thread and nothing works. None of my controller key binds stick. Until this is fixed I cannot play hopefully this is addressed soon. (Using Xbox one elite controller)

Edited by TitanEX

Someone posted on the first page of this thread a fix sent to them by one of the devs when they opened a support ticket. I also opened a support ticket, and got the exact same response. I have now tried the fix as outlined, twice, and my problem is actually worse than before. My bindings are stuck more or less in the default position, with Melee Channel still being bound to D-Pad Left, and now with Sprint/Roll bound to both X and Left Thumbstick Press (the latter might just be regular Sprint). Any attempts to change this so far have failed. Before, with Melee Channel overriding my ability to use Ability D, it was annoying to say the least. But now I can't cycle through abilities if using a Melee Weapon, and I have two redundant Sprint buttons that are making movement really painfully difficult. I don't even know how to Bullet Jump anymore.

The Fortuna update is fast approaching, and I really want to play it with my friends and little brothers. But, as things are, the game is now unplayable. What I would really like is a less stock response in the support tickets and for the devs to actually publicly say, "Hey, we hear you, we're working on it." Even if a fix comes well after Fortuna, it would ease my mind to at least hear that they're going to work on the problem at all.

In the meantime, if they give me a different suggestion in the support ticket that actually does fix the problem, I'll let you all know.

Okay, I think I've made some progress.

Seeing as how DE's previous suggestion, to verify/optimize the download cache and delete the .cfg files, thus relaunching the game in its default state, didn't change Melee Channel being stuck to D-Pad Left, I figured the problem had to be something completely separate. My friend has been able to recreate this issue in her client, so I decided to do some more poking and prodding. Some of the suggestions in this thread, by other people claiming to have resolved the issue on their own, involve resetting to defaults several times in a row, only using the controller to rebind the controls (rather than assigning them with the mouse and keyboard), and a few other things. By all means, try these fixes too, maybe they'll help you. I had already tried all of these, and tried them again each time someone mentioned it, and none of them fixed the problem for me, personally.

Last night, however, I was able to successfully rebind my controls, and I think I may have figured out part of the problem. And then, to ensure I was not totally crazy, I rebound Lunaro controls too, which were also messed up. This might be obvious to some, but the game saves twice, first when it asks if you wish to save changes, and second when you exit the entire options menu. When simply exiting the binding menu, and saving changes, the game seems to sort of float the changes. If you reenter the bindings menu, the controls will mostly reset to what they were before. But if you exit the options menu altogether first, the game saves again, and the changes seem to stick. This doesn't seem intentional, given that asking you to save changes should, by all means, actually save those changes. And in a few cases, some of the controls will actually stick on that first, prompted save (like Sprint/Roll being bound to X and Context Action being bound to RB, where I wanted them), and others will not (like Melee Channel hopping back onto D-Pad Left and Sprint hopping back onto Left Thumbstick Click, in the case of the former, overlapping whatever else is bound there, like Ability D or Cycle Power Left).

OcqtSOG.png
(Finally! Melee Channel sticks to LT!)

It seems rather clear to me that the issue is with the game failing to properly save changes on that first, prompted save, and completely screwing up if you reenter the controller bindings to check that the changes were saved, before exiting the options menu and saving again first. Hopefully this information helps some of you. And, if it breaks again on me, I'll let you know.

13 hours ago, SnivlerSpawn said:

Okay, I think I've made some progress.

Seeing as how DE's previous suggestion, to verify/optimize the download cache and delete the .cfg files, thus relaunching the game in its default state, didn't change Melee Channel being stuck to D-Pad Left, I figured the problem had to be something completely separate. My friend has been able to recreate this issue in her client, so I decided to do some more poking and prodding. Some of the suggestions in this thread, by other people claiming to have resolved the issue on their own, involve resetting to defaults several times in a row, only using the controller to rebind the controls (rather than assigning them with the mouse and keyboard), and a few other things. By all means, try these fixes too, maybe they'll help you. I had already tried all of these, and tried them again each time someone mentioned it, and none of them fixed the problem for me, personally.

Last night, however, I was able to successfully rebind my controls, and I think I may have figured out part of the problem. And then, to ensure I was not totally crazy, I rebound Lunaro controls too, which were also messed up. This might be obvious to some, but the game saves twice, first when it asks if you wish to save changes, and second when you exit the entire options menu. When simply exiting the binding menu, and saving changes, the game seems to sort of float the changes. If you reenter the bindings menu, the controls will mostly reset to what they were before. But if you exit the options menu altogether first, the game saves again, and the changes seem to stick. This doesn't seem intentional, given that asking you to save changes should, by all means, actually save those changes. And in a few cases, some of the controls will actually stick on that first, prompted save (like Sprint/Roll being bound to X and Context Action being bound to RB, where I wanted them), and others will not (like Melee Channel hopping back onto D-Pad Left and Sprint hopping back onto Left Thumbstick Click, in the case of the former, overlapping whatever else is bound there, like Ability D or Cycle Power Left).

OcqtSOG.png
(Finally! Melee Channel sticks to LT!)

It seems rather clear to me that the issue is with the game failing to properly save changes on that first, prompted save, and completely screwing up if you reenter the controller bindings to check that the changes were saved, before exiting the options menu and saving again first. Hopefully this information helps some of you. And, if it breaks again on me, I'll let you know.

When I saw this, I was really hoping it would work, but it still doesn't save for me. I've done a lot of testing of my own, which I outlined in my support ticket (which also got the same cookie-cutter answer), and, from that testing, I found out that after supposedly saving after exiting the controller binding menu, pressing "Confirm" literally doesn't do anything more than what "Back" does. Also, when I exit the controller binding menu, you can see that the game actually already left the options menu, even though it still shows me as being in the options menu, which doesn't happen if you do anything else in the options menu.

37eJRok.jpg

(You can see the main menu and the Warframe in the background. It's easier to see with higher brightness)

Also, another thing I noticed was the scroll menu that shows up doesn't show the same binding as the controller menu (You can see in the image below that it says Crouch, Slide, and Roll is bound to B, but on the controller, it's bound to LB.

11BiunQ.png

The biggest problem out of all of this is the LB button. Virtually all of the other buttons can be rebound just fine, but LB always stays as Crouch, Slide, and Roll, no matter what I do. In my support ticket, I included images of me trying crazy button layouts, and all of them actually worked except for LB.

I really have no ideas what to do. I've verified/optimized the download cache and deleted those "funny named" folders and .cfg files maybe ten times now, I've reinstalled the whole game, and even installed the standalone version, but there's nothing that's changed. I am extremely frustrated at DE for not giving us any inclination that they even notice this is a problem happening to many people, even though it's been 3 weeks since these types of threads began showing up (and the Chimera update was released). I really, really hope it will be resolved in time to experience Fortuna.

Edited by LasersKilledMe

• 2 weeks later...