Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paracesis + Excalibur Umbra = Bonus?

Duskuro

After the Exalted weapons came out, there is really no point in carrying a weapon built for exalted blade for Excalibur anymore (unless you want to stack those mod set effect) most of us are probably going to bring Excalibur Umbra for the new war (whenever that is) and probably going to pair the Paracesis with him... except the fact that it doesn't help anymore. Can't there be some sort of option which allows you to use Paracesis as your exalted blade? (since Excalibur Umbra's exalted blade is solid) let the mods of the exalted weapon (and stance) still be part of the exalted blade but the passive (and the shape) of Paracesis which gives more sentient killing power be a part of it (and maybe the weapon rank can pass over too). Makes sense to me and doesn't seem like its overpowered. What do you think? (maybe some sort of exalted tempo royale stance, with the slam making blades fly out of the ground at different directions (just fantasizing))

Edited by Duskuro

8 minutes ago, Duskuro said:

After the Exalted weapons came out, there is really no point in carrying a weapon built for exalted blade for Excalibur anymore (unless you want to stack those mod set effect) most of us are probably going to bring Excalibur Umbra for the new war (whenever that is) and probably going to pair the Paracesis with him... except the fact that it doesn't help anymore. Can't there be some sort of option which allows you to use Paracesis as your exalted blade? (since Excalibur Umbra's exalted blade is solid) let the mods of the exalted weapon (and stance) still be part of the exalted blade but the passive (and the shape) of Paracesis which gives more sentient killing power be a part of it (and maybe the weapon rank can pass over too). Makes sense to me and doesn't seem like its overpowered. What do you think?

If you were to change the moveset of exalted blade, you'd probably have to get rid of the energy waves.  Not that I'm against that if we can have a heavy blade stance in return.

16 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

If you were to change the moveset of exalted blade, you'd probably have to get rid of the energy waves.  Not that I'm against that if we can have a heavy blade stance in return.

but the rest is reasonable right?

Seems totally unnecessary to me. Use Paracesis if you want to use Paracesis, use Umbra's Exalted Blade if you want to use Exalted Blade, they're both powerful tools for killing sentients. And by the time the New War arrives (which is going to be a while) we'll probably have yet more tools.

27 minutes ago, Squeekly said:

Pretty sure you still need a sword, dual sword,  nikana for his passive to transfer to exaulted blade. 

Nah, luckily EB always has the swordsmanship buff, but Slash Dash gains the bonus with the right melee type equipped.

On 2018-10-14 at 7:28 PM, rapt0rman said:

Seems totally unnecessary to me. Use Paracesis if you want to use Paracesis, use Umbra's Exalted Blade if you want to use Exalted Blade, they're both powerful tools for killing sentients. And by the time the New War arrives (which is going to be a while) we'll probably have yet more tools.

Pretty sure your operator is still the best tool for killing anything sentient related with the void damage :wink: