The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

500 Free Platinum For Iphone/ipad Users

xveganrox

The ignorance in this thread just astounds me.

Have you people never seen trials before?

Never heard of PC Gamer??

Virus?! -.-

It's on the bloody app store, and it works like any other frikkin' trial! Just unsub before the end of the month and you're fine.

I just went out and bought the magazine because PC Gamer is a great publication!

ugh its legit, but can't blame us for being suspicous with all these stupid spamscams

and i say ugh cause I only have android and as far as I see you can only get the US version on android market, which I doubt also has the warframe code

Virus?! -.-

It's on the bloody app store, and it works like any other frikkin' trial! Just unsub before the end of the month and you're fine.

I just went out and bought the magazine because PC Gamer is a great publication!

once i heard "bloody" I just had to read it in my head with a british accent...

anybody else get a no products found message after opening the pc gamer uk app? I can't seem to find any options to subscribe but when I tried another magazine I had the option to subscribe.

If you're trying to get it from the android market I don't think you can, Only allows US version from what I see with android market, guess thats why this guy said only on iphones

Edited by mochili96

Where do you live?

And 570 seems to be more that 20 pounds worth.

Ireland, the mag its about 8.8Euro. At the plat page it stated that the plat value is 570plat (450 + 120 BONUS, which is the 26.99Euro package)

I dont have any Apple product and the Android apps is not working in my region so I have to buy the physical copy (The last mag in my nearby book shop!)

once i heard "bloody" I just had to read it in my head with a british accent...

same here. :P

Edited by ExorcistEX

Gotta try VPN on Android when I'll finally get home. I wonder if Google Play will accept my UA credit card for subscribing to UK magazine...

good try...

I wish I could use my working win7 (VM) and use my android testing platform with the vpn...it shoud have save me that 8.8Euro...

Virus?! -.-

I know! I just gave it a quick read and really want xcom enemy within to be released! Looks sick.

That's not proof enough. A few months ago, a malware app skipped controls and was available through google playstore for some time. I know it's not apple store, but proved it possible.

It is enough when you consider PC Gamer is a long running, acclaimed, and highly recognised publication.

Honestly, this is very very safe.

Is there a way to opt into allowing apple to send your information to Pc Gamer after signing up?

I accidentally  clicked no to that one :/

not that i know of. In the magazine it explains what to do if you fail to opt-in to the personal information sharing.  I did the same thing and sent them an email with the receipt for my subscription on it.  Just explain to them in the email that you failed to opt-in and are emailing them the confirmation email sent to you as proof. 

It is enough when you consider PC Gamer is a long running, acclaimed, and highly recognised publication.

Honestly, this is very very safe.

I hope so, I used it :)

Anyway, this could go on forever. If someone (like me, for example) has never used that app, it doesn't matter that the app have the name of a long running, acclaimed and highly recognised company (and I know PC Gamer from way before this thread). It could still be fake.

Once you start being paranoic about being tricked with fake apps, you can never stop. And the older I get, the more paranoid I become :)

Anyway, this could go on forever. If someone (like me, for example) has never used that app, it doesn't matter that the app have the name of a long running, acclaimed and highly recognised company (and I know PC Gamer from way before this thread). It could still be fake.

Once you start being paranoic about being tricked with fake apps, you can never stop. And the older I get, the more paranoid I become :)

Well, to be honest it's not like there are any in app purchases like "rubies, coins, etc." that you'll have to dispute and luckily it's an apple itunes account, so you can check for any illegitimate charges.

I did the whole process and legally speaking I don't see any way they can dupe us out of money if we opt out of renewal. The peace of mind I have is that Apple customer service is pretty good about handling these things.

About it being a fake app. Well I went to the PC Gamer UK site and it linked to the app in the app store. So it is the app PC Gamer distributes digitally from.

Other than that... It's a pretty good magazine read. Haven't read a gaming mag in like 10 years honestly. The power of Warframe... I haven't played a game for 500+ hours ever, and now it's getting me to read magazines again. lol.

Edited by sushidubya

That's just it, you can see the app linked from the pcgamer website, and a brief google search will show you the company are long-running and well established. It's a very, very well known publication and there is absolutely 0 danger from their end of this being any kind of scam.

Honestly, it takes very little effort to research this kind of thing. 

Edited by Zakalwe

Just to let people know if you bought a single copy from zinio, play store or the app store send an email to them to the provided email in the warframe article of the magazine with proof of purchase and they will send you a code.

Also this issue is actually good so its worth reading if you have time to spare.

Edited by Palkora

I instinctively did not allow Apple to report my info to PC Gamer UK. Where do I go to change this back? Deleting and reinstalling the app did not allow me to go through the process again.

Read some of the earlier posts. There's something about e-mailing them a copy of the receipt in case there are any problems to get a code for the platinum.

So I downloaded the PC Gamer UK app, had Apple give them my info, and cancelled the autorenewal. I'm good to go even though I live in the US?

That's the idea man. If I don't get a code in my e-mail tomorrow I'm just going to e-mail a copy of my receipt to the the e-mail address mentioned in the magazine offer.