The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

500 Free Platinum For Iphone/ipad Users

xveganrox

Has anyone here who got their code, done exactly what the OP said? That is to say, did any of you get a code after signing up for the free trial and turning off auto-renewal?

People got theirs from buying the single copy and not subscribing so no not everyone did what OP did and still got their codes. Just some fo us are not lucky or have to wait longer.

People got theirs from buying the single copy and not subscribing so no not everyone did what OP did and still got their codes. Just some fo us are not lucky or have to wait longer.

I don't think you answered my question? To be clearer, has anyone who did follow the OP's instructions gotten a code?

So what's the catch?

Aka, subscriptions? Need to subscribe via credit card to something first? Need to sell your information to 3rd parties *aka inspect lovely spam in the near future*, ect?

How do you think subscribing to a magazine works? Of course you would have to pay unless you get the free trial from apple.

I am going to buy an Iphone just to get the 500 free platinum, gosh, I am such a genius!

Exactly xD

My accumulator is dead, but there is no way to change it, its embedded. Oh, there is new Superduper Iphone (insert number here)!

Why should I change accumulator if I can buy new Icr*p every year?

^Apple phone user logic.

Thanks, I don't need that rotten piece of hardware. EVER.

Edited by Buldozers

I'm pretty sure number 2 applies to those that didn't get their codes.

Terms and conditions:

1) We will only reply to messages that have fully included the details we require to authenicate your purchase and we can ascertain is valid. If you have not sent these details in your email, please email us again with the information.

2) We cannot provide game codes for free promotional back issue digital download editions of PC Gamer that may be offerered from time to time.

3) We are only able to supply replacement codes for a limited time after the original published on sale date of the magazine while we have available codes to give away.

4) Some game codes are time-limited such as early access Beta codes, therefore we may not be able to provide a valid code for some back issue magazine purchases.

Can anyone who used the free trial confirm he/she got the code? 

Several people in the thread have already posted to this effect, yes. However, we're not yet sure how this is being handed out, and given that it's after the close of business on Friday over there, it's possible that we may not see more codes going out until Monday.

So yes, the deal is legit. No, we don't know how long it takes to get the code.

Several people in the thread have already posted to this effect, yes. However, we're not yet sure how this is being handed out, and given that it's after the close of business on Friday over there, it's possible that we may not see more codes going out until Monday.

So yes, the deal is legit. No, we don't know how long it takes to get the code.

Could you quote whoever said this? Every person stating they received theirs that I recall either contacted them directly, or bought an issue.

Another question that bring up the attention. As we all know that we have lots of people trying to get the free plat by this method and so PC Gamer UK may awear that people trying to use the free trail to get that code. As RuFio mentioned about the ToS.

2) We cannot provide game codes for free promotional back issue digital download editions of PC Gamer that may be offerered from time to time.

This may explain that they may not going to give all you free trail a code.

At the end of the day, you guys shouldnt be disappont as this is just a free gift. You get it, you are lucky. You dont get it, just move on, you have nothing to lose.

Key word "back" [issue].

This isn't a back issue. It's the current issue. They mean they won't give you codes from every magazine published, only current and future ones.

I'm pretty sure number 2 applies to those that didn't get their codes.

Terms and conditions:

1) We will only reply to messages that have fully included the details we require to authenicate your purchase and we can ascertain is valid. If you have not sent these details in your email, please email us again with the information.

3) We are only able to supply replacement codes for a limited time after the original published on sale date of the magazine while we have available codes to give away.

4) Some game codes are time-limited such as early access Beta codes, therefore we may not be able to provide a valid code for some back issue magazine purchases.

Where you got this from?

When I downloaded the app, the October issue showed up as $4.99 and I can't seem to get the Free Trial to register. I click the button at the bottom but the only options are 1 month and 1 year subscriptions. At one point all the magazines said Free, but I couldn't download any of them without erroring out. It's a pity, since I actually wanted to read the issue.

The app has never asked me to opt in and send in my information :s

Nevermind, figured it out.

Edited by Retalia

If you read the disclaimer on the App it says:

"The digital edition does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with printed copies. However if you take out a subscription and opt-in to hear from us we will send you any gift codes"

Not sure if that includes free subscrips, but hopefully it does since some people have been getting codes?

Edited by Retalia

I might need some help here, i did the steps and got my subscription and then found out my apple id email is outdated, which i cant access to it. So i went and update my apple id email right away. Do i need to do something about it in case PC gamer sent the code to my outdated email instead of the current email i am using.

If you read the disclaimer on the App it says:

"The digital edition does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with printed copies. However if you take out a subscription and opt-in to hear from us we will send you any gift codes"

Not sure if that includes free subscrips, but hopefully it does since some people have been getting codes?

I hope the free one counts :\ if not, I'm going to be sad