Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Skip Beginning Cutscenes in Game

hoodierabbit

Whenever I join a random group just before a mission starts, as the beginning sequence starts, I cannot skip the cutscene when the option is presented to me. This happens every time unless I am the acting host. I'm not sure what to do, but this always puts me behind other players and sometimes gets them really mad? (Even though I think it's a ridiculous reason to be angry but w/e.)

Is there any specific reason why this happens? Or a way I can fix it?

I usually load into the game a bit slower than most people, but I don't think that is what is affecting it? Not sure what to do. Can't really post screenshots bc the prompt appears correctly, but it just ignores my input on it. 

(Also I did check around for other forum posts about this but I didn't see any so if there's another post like this plz lemme know.)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

So like this is still happening and I've already reinstalled the ENTIRE game program, even went as far to format my computer so it was a fresh slate, and I'm not sure what else to do?  

Am I just stuck with this? It's not hard to recreate for me, but screenshotting it is difficult bc it doesn't look like it's bugged. 
The box just prompts me to skip, I hit yes, and instead of skipping I'm stuck with just the beginning loading sequence. 

I don't mind this when I'm playing with friends as much, but pubbies it's harder bc the group is usually halfway through the mission while I have to play catch up because I didn't load in as fast as everyone else. 

Please help! Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing on your side will fix this. This is affecting everyone. It happens when another player is host and has skipped the cut scene before you loaded into the cut scene. Has been happening for a while now. Can't imagine it's hard to fix, no idea why DE hasn't fixed it yet

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fully agree. I even started to avoid any PuG's except for the one Forma a day relic run. No fun loading into the game where others are 300-400m away already. In some cases speed frames were already waiting at extraction. Option to completely auto-skip those cinematic would be much appreciated.

On 2022-01-29 at 2:10 PM, EienNoArashi said:

Fully agree. I even started to avoid any PuG's except for the one Forma a day relic run. No fun loading into the game where others are 300-400m away already. In some cases speed frames were already waiting at extraction. Option to completely auto-skip those cinematic would be much appreciated.

i agree also, would be better if we could just turn cut scenes off as a global option....but maybe the reason theres no option for it is the same reason we cant skip it in the first place. maybe theres something in the code that just wont allow it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...