Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo QoL and additions feedback

Vanille

The past months I've been spending more time in the Dojo building and decorating stuff than anything else really (just made a new clan dojo aswell) and thought I'd give some feedback and new ideas. Most of these are just notes I've been gathering while building stuff. I'm sure I either forgot to note but here it goes:

• New 'structure' shaping: Dojo building is the best "guild housing" system I've seen in many games, being able to shape your "house", but it's too linear. Everything ends up in a straight line or a square, it's hard to come up with creative builds. So my idea as a starting point, is to bring new shape corridors/hallways that let us place rooms in other ways than just cross mode, just as a quick example (somewhat similar to the already existing layers of syndicate rooms on relays):
    iyn9cx.jpg

• Moving through textures: On decorating mode, it would be great to be able to move the camera through textures, saves a lot of time specially on the customizable obstacle room if you build tunnels or other closed spaces. It was fairly annoying on my old dojo obstacle course that I made a tunnel maze, and if I wanted to change something I'd have to travel through all of it.

• Room color changes: Allow players to change the color of the floor. The Tenno blue theme clashes if you want to change the theme of a room to Orokin or Grineer for example.

• Hall of Honor: Loki is a bit outdated and random statue to have there. Having more options for the statue in it would be really nice, even if it's slowly implemented as there are too many warframes to make them for, and an option to change it without having to rebuild the room.

• Natural decorations: I'm not sure if they're planned for the future or not, but having more water themed natural decorations would be really appreciated. With the addition of waterfalls, water dripping and splash effects, we're lacking water ponds, rivers or whatever you want to make with it. The closest decorations we have to this are too small and attached with fountains, borders, bamboo and so on.

• Reverse decoration: I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned in other feedback threads but here it goes anyway, just in case. Give players the option to reverse a decoration, just for pure symmetry. We just got the copy paste of size and angle option (which honestly was needed and appreciated), this one would make many people happy.

• Spawn rooms: Allow more rooms to be set as spawning point, specially with the latest addition of 'big rooms' Inspiration Hall. It was very nice to finally receive a big empty with no pillars room, and I personally was gonna use them to make my main trading/spawn points and found out they can't be. This actually made me sad, had big plans for these halls.

• Preview mode: Having an option to set all decorations in the room available on "fully built" view while on decorating mode, this would be really helpful. Having to rush or wait a whole day to see if decorations would match together is off-putting sometimes.
Edited by Kiwinille

37 minutes ago, (XB1)BURZYCKI said:

I am hoping for a pile of new, reworked and added features for Dojo's

Sadly I think with no Clan specific forum anymore these will get lost in the shuffle of other topics

That is very true. The clan system in Warframe needs to be improved big time, having no sub-forums dedicated to the clan/alliance systems makes giving feedback for those systems a lot more harder.

3 hours ago, (XB1)BURZYCKI said:

Sadly I think with no Clan specific forum anymore these will get lost in the shuffle of other topics

Well they merged some and renamed it to Mission & Levels, which kinda just implies normal missions/instances. You see this subforum full of feedback from those categories, but the subforum sticky says "This section is now "Clan & Dojo" feedback." I gotta admit it took me a bit to find out where dojo feedback would go now until I checked all subforums and their stickies lol.

Well I will say this much is watching this specific Mission and Levels that clans is neither a Mission or a level technically and all of these clan posts will be lost in the mix of "I got stuck in a wall" posts

That's too bad. A few key changes and additions to clan management and dojos would really make them more of the place to be when you play the game.