Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

did polearms loose momentum and movement?

Dumcomester

Observations:

I now get knocked down while swinging using twirling spire stance... I did not before recent updates.

I now stop forward movement completely while swinging while using twirling spire... I used to keep some ( not all forward motion (noticeable difference)

really hoping this is a bug and not an intended nerf to an otherwise great melee option.

It has to do with some early steps of melee 3.0 incoming.  A lot of the movement attacks have either been pushed back to almost no movement whereas some have had their movement boosted and you fly all over the place.  The way it is currently, I believe, is only temporary.

Edited by LarryYourWaiter

Recent patches seem to have incorporated some of the new Melee 3.0 mechanics, the recent Gram Prime fiasco, zaw losing their range, the inability to turn on channeling while moving, and this. They may hotfix it in later patches but think about it, if this is a glimpse of what Melee 3.0 will be like, why would people want it to come soon, why would people want their melee experience destroyed?

Edited by Nepelwerfer

7 minutes ago, Nepelwerfer said:

Recent patches seem to have incorporated some of the new Melee 3.0 mechanics, the recent Gram Prime fiasco, zaw losing their range, the inability to turn on channeling while moving, and this. They may hotfix it in later patches but think about it, if this is a glimpse of what Melee 3.0 will be like, why would people want it to come soon, why would people want their melee experience destroyed?

As I said in other threads on this subject, this isn't a glimpse of what's to come, this is a buggy mess because changes meant for a completely different system slipped in on the current one and did so horribly as well. I'm going to assume we've all seen the devstreams where they showed melee 3.0 combat and it was extremely fun and fluid. Lets wait for it to drop first, play it for a few days and then complain ok?

2 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

As I said in other threads on this subject, this isn't a glimpse of what's to come, this is a buggy mess because changes meant for a completely different system slipped in on the current one and did so horribly as well. I'm going to assume we've all seen the devstreams where they showed melee 3.0 combat and it was extremely fun and fluid. Lets wait for it to drop first, play it for a few days and then complain ok?

here is to hoping for a fun and fluid implementation of melee 3.0 ...  devstreams so far do not have me convinced.

5 minutes ago, Dumcomester said:

here is to hoping for a fun and fluid implementation of melee 3.0 ...  devstreams so far do not have me convinced.

Well, I'm someone that uses his melee 95% of the time in every mission besides eidolon hunts and to me the few things shown in the devstreams looked extremely fun and a lot less restrictive and more intuitive.

The only concern I have is what will happen with Life Strike as that has been a 100% add in every single melee build aside from Hirudo. Healing Return isn't potent enough to hold through high levels on squishier frames so I hope we'll have a good reliable source of self sustain even when the update drops (they could make Life Strike a crit lifesteal mod to contrast healing return, I'd like that & buff healing return a little bit).

Edited by TheRealShade