Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus/Staticor combo

(PSN)Violet__Prince

If you play conclave at all, you most probably have already countered players using Nidus and combining his abilities with the Staticor. Now, I first want to point out that Nidus isn't really the problem per se, but the combo is just broken.

Basically what happens is a player using this combo will use the Staticor to damage + knock you down, once you are down they'll use Virulence to finish you off. That's it. There is no escape whatsoever.

It's cheap, it's annoying, it's frustrating, it just shouldn't be a thing at all. In my opinion, the Staticor should be completely removed from conclave... What makes it even worse is the fact that Nidus gets so many kills using this absurd tactic that he becomes unkillable because of all the stacks he has accumulated.

Isn't Nidus charging a ammo hungry secondary that locks several parkour maneuvers off while charged, then successfully hitting someone close enough to the ground and on level enough ground to land 1 fine? It's a weapon that if used well allows Nidus to gain a stack or 2, which seems fine when the Nidus player is getting 1-2 shot by basically everyone because they picked Nidus.

Try to use Nekros (Soul Punch augmented) with Synoid Gammacor. That won't let him use any abilities. There are also Despair Augment and Nova's Null Star will help you to drain opponent's energy.

P.S Also I advice you to use a puncture weapon. Most of snipers oneshot him. The cheapest variant to deal with him is Arca Plasmor

Edited by _GoodLuck_

On 2018-10-26 at 5:58 PM, Dusteon said:

Isn't Nidus charging a ammo hungry secondary that locks several parkour maneuvers off while charged, then successfully hitting someone close enough to the ground and on level enough ground to land 1 fine? It's a weapon that if used well allows Nidus to gain a stack or 2, which seems fine when the Nidus player is getting 1-2 shot by basically everyone because they picked Nidus.

The only parkour maneuvers that are locked off is bullet jump and roll. Aim glide, being the most reliable maneuver in terms of avoiding damage, is still available. 

The target does not even need to be near the ground, the damage is aoe and will knock you down regardless of how high or low you are. 

Nidus quickly gathers stacks with this tactic because it is so easy to steal stacks using the staticor's knockdown effect; so no you cannot 1-2 shot him because by the time you try he will already have accumulated multiple stacks that save him from death.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

You know that Nidus in Conclave can have max 3 stacks, Atlas is immune to knock down while standing and Staticor is very VERY hard to use vs good players who never are near ground, and has short range, and nidus has super low HP?

Speaking of atlas.

Petrify needs a nerf. 

Petrify got nerfed hard some time ago I belive. It is very strong I have to agree. 

However almost every warframe has some good selling point in Conclave Atlas has his Petrify and passive, Valkyr has Rip line and passive, Nezha has his speed and shield, Frost has huge HP and shield, Oberon has heal and ult. Most frames has most of abilites useless and so has Atlas. He has ONLY Petrify. 

Btw. Petrify has long cast time is kinda slow and has very small con.

• 4 weeks later...

So, this post made me kind of interested in trying it out as it's a combo that I never even thought of.

Nidus+staticor is nearly impossible to pull off unless you have completely solid aim.

if someone is moving even slightly it's nearly impossible to get a knockdown from staticor, and nidus's 1 also only works if you aim at the player, not an usual aoe cast like in pve missions.