Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Ideal For Dealing With Warframe Grinding.

BramBlackmon

Or to be more specific, currently if you buy a blueprint for a specific warframe with credits, you can't use that warframe until you've gotten the drops from a certain boss tied into that warframe. There's a few problems with this method of obtaining new frames.

1.Warframes aren't divided into levels, From a design perspective while certain warframes have abilities that work better in given situations, There aren't really supposed to be any overall advantages to using one warframe over another, however by making certain warframes available only by getting to the later areas of the game, you make it so that a vast majority of the game population centers towards using certain warframes over others, purely because they're easier to obtain.

2. Bosses get repetitive very quickly. This has been an issue in MMO games for a while now, by making certain bosses the only source for obtaining certain equipment, Players looking to obtain this kind of equipment focus on those bosses and those bosses only. Repetition leads to frustration, which leads to a lack of interest in continuing to play the game.

Overall, this discourages players from trying to use new warframes, which from my perspective seems to be an integral part of the game. Much like pokemon before it, part of the fun is collecting all of the warframes and customizing them to your liking, or at the very least, getting together a pool of warframes you particularly enjoy. If this aspect of the game gets limited, then the crappy third person shooter and melee elements of the game start becoming much more noticable.

But the solution, in my humble opinion, is actually fairly simple.

Rather than have specific bosses drop specific parts, The Boss enemies could drop parts that can be used in the crafting recipes of multiple warframes.

For example, instead of the jackal dropping Rhino equipment, he could drop something called Carbon nanofiber muscleweave. ((Just a placeholder name, don't focus too much on that)) which could be used in the heavier style warframes in varying amounts ((an excalibur not needing as much as a Rhino))

While another boss drops a different named material to be used specifically for making warframes.

there's two methods of doing this.

1. Every boss drops one specific type of item, this encourages players to farm more than one boss out of neccesity. Which in turn helps curb some of the repetition of farming. once i've gathered enough of a specific boss's material, I can go pick another boss that drops a different item I need.

2. Every boss drops from a specific pool of warframe mats, Not every boss will drop the same thing, but some bosses can have overlap. This further opens up my options for what missions I can pursue. So if there are two or three different places I can go to in order to get a required mat, I have the option to farm one boss until I get bored, then go and farm a different boss, keeping the experience from stagnating too much in a single play through.

Another advantage to using this method instead of the current method, is that it takes a lot of the frustration out of getting duplicate mats. If I get MuscleWeave a bunch of times in a row, then Instead of being stuck with a useless material, I can simply keep thosed stored up for a later date when I need them for a different WarFrame, In the current system if I complete a boss and he doesn't drop what I want, I swear under my breath repeatedly because I can't use it for anything. I have to keep farming until the item I need drops or I rage quit, more often than not the latter.

and lastly, this opens up the option to salvage materials from a warframe we aren't currently using by scrapping it. While this isn't a particularly great advantage over the current system, it does help to take some of the sting out of having to remove a current warframe to make room for a new one. Under the current system once you run out of room, you lose everything you've put into the warframe you're removing, with the exception of the Mods you've placed.

Now, I'm sure that other people can point out other advantages to this system over the current one.

Just as I'm equally sure people can point out issues with it. I have two issues with it myself.

1. Depending on how the Developers balance it, It could become very easy to obtain warframe parts just by farming the easiest bosses. My counter to that is, If you've run a boss 50 times in a row, then you're already so familiar with that boss that they are already ultra easy to beat. But a good way of working around that would be to make a few pieces of material drop from the tougher bosses.

2.This system doesn't make it easier to obtain warframes, It's about the same level of effort just spread out over seperate areas, If handled improperly, the system has the potential to make it even more difficult to obtain warframes. Which in my opinion is a good thing, It gives the Devs a good excuse for keeping the platinum warframe prices about the same. And ultimately the goal is not to make the game easier but to make farming a more overall enjoyable experience.

Still, I'd love to hear feedback from other people on this.

This would have been perfect if only you had spoken out against:

1. Being limited to two Warframes.

2. The crap load of time put in trying to get an Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint that's vague as hell and leaving your equipment incompetent without them in later stages.

3. An absolutely absurd waiting time once you're crafting that makes me want to punch my screen.

I would have, but I've already voiced my opinions on that subject in other threads. I kind of want to focus specifically on this aspect of gameplay in this thread. Because there's 30 different threads about that subject, and a new one being created by every person who hits that cap ((which takes two days of gameplay)) In game.

And Yeah, this also gets talked about, But i've yet to see someone put forth a reasonable solution that doesn't require the Devs to completely start from scratch or do something equally implausible.

Edited by BramBlackmon

Good idea.

I think the second idea, boss drop specific pool of material, is a good idea. Jackal can drop electronic/strengthening parts of varying percentage while Hyena has different percentage drop.

Acquiring blueprints will be the trouble which need to be solved since the RNG god shouldn't lay his hands on both of these in the same time. Blueprints should be more reliably acquired than the current state. Clearer goals which players can participate while getting material which could be obtained through moderate-high amount of grinding and can be bought in cashshop with reasonable price.

Examples.

Killing 100 enemies/deal 100k damage with range weapon while wallrunning for Ash chasis BP.

Killing 500 enemies/deal 500k of damage with powers to for Volt helmet BP.

Melee kill 50 Napalm for Ember chasis BP.

Melee kill 50 heavy gunner for Gorgon BP.

The hard part is balancing the grind aspect to be a little high but doable while making part of playerbase think that they're better off buying BP with plat.

awesome idea,well if they make all warframes able to get not blocked in two they would make the game more interesting for people that dont want to spend their money and everything bringing more players to the game making they player more by that increasing its comunity

sry bad english

Good idea.

I think the second idea, boss drop specific pool of material, is a good idea. Jackal can drop electronic/strengthening parts of varying percentage while Hyena has different percentage drop.

Acquiring blueprints will be the trouble which need to be solved since the RNG god shouldn't lay his hands on both of these in the same time. Blueprints should be more reliably acquired than the current state. Clearer goals which players can participate while getting material which could be obtained through moderate-high amount of grinding and can be bought in cashshop with reasonable price.

Examples.

Killing 100 enemies/deal 100k damage with range weapon while wallrunning for Ash chasis BP.

Killing 500 enemies/deal 500k of damage with powers to for Volt helmet BP.

Melee kill 50 Napalm for Ember chasis BP.

Melee kill 50 heavy gunner for Gorgon BP.

The hard part is balancing the grind aspect to be a little high but doable while making part of playerbase think that they're better off buying BP with plat.

I wasn't aware that the bosses dropped blueprints instead of actual parts. If that's actually the case they need to just junk that system altogether. Because that's $&*&*#(%&. I don't need a Degree or any experience making games for a profit to know that will &!$$ off everyone but a scant few people who would pretty much go along with anything the developers did because they have no concept of the way money is supposed to work.

I love this idea. I personally feel that it's ridiculous that certain warframe blueprints only drop off of difficult/tedious bosses while others are not even close to being tedious nor difficult.

After grinding Vay Hek for about 4-5 hours for Trinity Blueprints, I can safely say that I never want to play the Everest level again.

Meanwhile, I have no problem grinding for Rhino Blueprints since Jackal is easy as hell at late levels. I've also almost gotten all of the Ash Blueprints by trying to grind for Gallium since Tyl Regor was also really easy. Both of these grinds were cakewalks when compared to the hell that is Everest.

Just my two cents about the Blueprint system.

Interesting idea, i like it!

But dont we have that part specific items already? Galium, morphics, neural sensors, control module etc.

The repetitive grind could be seen as a way of getting us into buying that frame for plat, grinding and farming is hard work after all.

Though i would love to have a bit more diversity. Grinding Hek 50+ times is frustrating, so is our friend Lech. Even with top notch gear.