Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player, need advice on mods !

AshenBlue

Question

Hi everyone ! I started playing Warframe about 2 weeks ago and i have been loving everything about this game so far. As a beginner, I was totally confused by the modding/upgrading system of the game and what should the general progression for a beginner should be (POE captivated me and i almost didn't leave the place 3 days in, in the beginning). I have watched most of the guides on youtube and read up forums to get a basic understanding of the game. For now, I understand the basics of modding (status effects and crits etc.) but the more i read up, the more confusing it gets. 

I have trying to build a decent Rubicon Prime and upgrade/forma it as i progress along. From what i understand, the base crit chance is higher than the status so I should build it up to a Crit weapon. The mods currently on the gun are in the attached image. Can the veterans advice me on what i am doing wrong or what mod should be applied ? I want to build the Rubicon like a shotgun-sniper hybrid. 

Thank you ! 

OqYHgC4.png

5 answers to this question

general builds for primarys

Never use IPS(impact puncture slash) mods  

Use 2 elements almost ALWAYS, no exceptions (hmm I see now that makes no sense... use 2 elements... )

there is no world where rupture will give you bonus damage over another better mod, turn it into endo.

Hunter Munition build. Cold dual stats are highly recommended if the weapon has high status chance and slash weight

unknown.png

Cryo rounds < Rime rounds < Primed cryo rounds

your goal on this build is to proc viral to half the health and give the slash proc on health that ignores armor less health to tick.

Hybrid build. Exclusively use corrosive. 90 element may swapped for Armament or utility of your choice

unknown.png

use this on high status weapons, the status chance rips the armor off enemies allowing the crit damage to shine

Crit build. May use either corrosive or radiation to fight appropriate armor. shred is your utility slot

unknown.png

on pure crit weapons like snipers, you don;t have the fire rate or status to rip off armor so go for maximum punch.

@AshenBlue use this bottom one if you can get the mods, replace shred with your utility(reload) if you don't like PT

If your looking for help in real time try the builds channel on warframe discord.  The builders can be a touch impatient with non min maxed setups, but if you have a thick skin the advice given is sound.

Edited by Tatersail

Elemental damage scales from base damage.  IPS only scales from the amount of each IPS on the weapon not the total base.

also elements generally deal more damage and has better status effects

eg +75% damage bonus on corrosive radiation and viral with the ability to rip off armor, half health or cause mind control and some innate armor ignore

vs... 

25% damage on impact and a slight stagger... or 50/15% damage on puncture, 25% damage on slash (yes the proc is nice) -50% damage on armor!! 

75% total damage applied after all calculations is alot

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage

In both paper dps and in game... elements always win out.

(yes a few rare exceptions on some weapons to using 120% slash for proc weights on slash and using the slash proc along side viral and HM) 

Edited by Tatersail

I suggest you replace,

rupture (cause ips damage scales poorly) with an elemental ,

shred (snipers already have punch trough and fire rate on sniper with 5 bullet magazine will not be as effective as you think) with another elemental. 

Fast hands.. Is not bad but... It's fine, can be replaced with primed variant or hunter munitions. 

Hush, is OK on a stealth frame but will be pointless on 90% of content where snipers are viable. Would suggest vital sense. 

Ammo should not be an issue as long as you are killing enemies in 1 or 2 shots, so mutation should be replaced by vigilante armaments.

Edited by 0_The_F00l