The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

I think the search the dead is simply that you cast it and it affects those in the radius then when killed this does generate more loot but can't be used as replicant clones, people seem to think it lots items for you which it doesn't it just generates additional loot from does that you still have to walk over to pick up

I think it means dead enemies can be "rekilled" once for a chance at loot(wether or not they dropped it before)

I'll single this out:

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

I can't believe this is something that an actual game designer wrote.

Lets go over some maths.

Direct X% max health damage means that it is irrelevant what enemy you hit, you will hit them for the same amount of their "health bar".

i.e. this means that depending on the %age, X amount of hits will kill -any- enemy independent from their HP pool. It will kill Phorid/Vor/Hyena in as many hits as it will kill a lvl1 Grineer Sawman.

This is a bad decision for a 1 ability since on lower lvls it is undesirable (why would i punch sawmen if i can shoot them), while on high levels it becomes the go-to ability.

Lets see how this will work with energy and how many spammable hits can be theoretically possible to what %age of dmg.

No 1 ability has ever been more expensive than 30E and Necro being a "utility caster" we can expect a large-ish Energy pool. Lets assume its similar to Mag here, it would make sense.

With a fully upgraded energy pool, lets say 200, and 1 costing probably ~20E with Streamline, a Necro could use his Soul Punch 10 times. This means that the minimum %age of direct damage should be ~10% (as 10x10% = 100% = dead enemy).

If this would be any lower the %damage would be useless as it wouldn't kill anything even with fully upgraded power mods. Personally I'm expecting it to be 15-25% so it doesn't take your whole energy pool. Furthermore it would probably not be below 5% as thats the armor debuff %age and so would make the direct damage entirely pointless.

Now this means that punching an enemy 2-5 times (depending on final values and mods) would reduce them to 50% HP, however it would also mean that it would debuff armor by 5% per hit, so 10-25%. Why would anyone want that? If i punch the enemy another 2-5 times it will die, and the armor debuff will just reach 20-50%.

Another single target ability that makes no sense. It makes no sense to combine these effects in the form of %dmg and %debuff because one or the other will be "better" and more viable. It makes no sense to have a 1 ability that does %dmg because it wont kill mob enemies fast enough but will kill bosses more reliably than anything else. 

Soul Punch sounds more of an Ultimate than something that should be the bread and butter of your frame.

Edited by Mietz

I'll single this out:

I can't believe this is something that an actual game designer wrote.

Lets go over some maths.

Direct X% max health damage means that it is irrelevant what enemy you hit, you will hit them for the same amount of their "health bar".

i.e. this means that depending on the %age, X amount of hits will kill -any- enemy independent from their HP pool. It will kill Phorid/Vor/Hyena in as many hits as it will kill a lvl1 Grineer Sawman.

No it won't. It says % right there. Unless DE decides to do something pretty much no other game does ever, at best you'll be able to lower them down to one HP and punch them forever before having to switch weapons or let your cube do it.

No it won't. It says % right there. Unless DE decides to do something pretty much no other game does ever, at best you'll be able to lower them down to one HP and punch them forever before having to switch weapons or let your cube do it.

Not only that, but the % may be a higher number, and take from the target's current health pool; making that armor reduction awesome.

Not only that, but the % may be a higher number, and take from the target's current health pool; making that armor reduction awesome.

I'm assuming its a 5% armor reduction from their total armor which stacks as you punch them more. Which seems redundant if you can just reduce them to 1HP after like five punches.

How do you know? It says direct X% damage.

That changes nothing about the rest of what I wrote. Reducing a lvl1 crewman to 1%hp will need as many hits as reducing lvl100 ancients to 1%HP.

Because thats how %-damage works, no, thats how math works.

Edited by Mietz

How do you know? It says direct X% damage.

That changes nothing about the rest of what I wrote. Reducing a lvl1 crewman to 1hp will need as many hits as reducing lvl100 ancients to 1HP.

Because thats how %-damage works, no, thats how math works.

Because unless it's based off their max health (which would be dumb and OP as all hell) then you'll only be able to do smaller and smaller amounts of damage until they reach one health. Where upon you'll be doing fractions of one health. Very, very few games let you kill with % damage alone.

no. It isn't useful, my god you people just ride the wagon's of DE. yeah lets use an ammo, energy skill for 75-50 as if def missions and missions in general aren't lol easy already. I also read someone saying him having an ability just like Nyx's is so cool...LOL???? 

And i completely forgot terror totem was deployed..Why would you make him have a deployable skill..lol De's you're all just kidding right??? I've seen so many great idea's suggested by the community. Are they not cool enough because they didn't pay 80$??

no. It isn't useful, my god you people just ride the wagon's of DE. yeah lets use an ammo, energy skill for 75-50 as if def missions and missions in general aren't lol easy already. I also read someone saying him having an ability just like Nyx's is so cool...LOL???? 

And i completely forgot terror totem was deployed..Why would you make him have a deployable skill..lol De's you're all just kidding right??? I've seen so many great idea's suggested by the community. Are they not cool enough because they didn't pay 80$??

Hmmmmm lol?

Because unless it's based off their max health (which would be dumb and OP as all hell) then you'll only be able to do smaller and smaller amounts of damage until they reach one health. Where upon you'll be doing fractions of one health. Very, very few games let you kill with % damage alone.

AND IT STILL DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT THAT THESE HITS WILL BE THE SAME FOR EVERY ENEMY BECAUSE WE ARE TAKING A PERCENTAGE NO MATTER IF THEY HAVE 100HP OR 1000000000HP.

Mob: 100%HP

Hit 1 for 25%: reduced to 75%HP

Hit 2 for 25%: reduced to 56.25%HP

Hit 3 for 25%: reduced to 42.1875%HP

Hit 4 for 25%: reduced to 31.6506%HP

etc

IT DOESNT MATTER IF ITS A LVL1 SAWMAN OR A LVL100 ANCIENT, HIT 4 WILL REDUCE THEM TO 31.6506% OF THEIR HP.

I HOPE THIS FACT GOT THROUGH TO YOU AFTER I USED ALLCAPS.

3. Search Corpses - What?! whats the point of this abillity? wasting 50-75 mana for 10-40% chance to drop 24 rubedo or 100+ nanospores with some ammo that you dont even need? thats totally useless. by the way, check out the time, that enemies corpses dissapears - its just like 1-2 min. if there\s huge wave\squad incoming, after fight

Any frame with a big AOE (that doesn't destroy corpses) on a low level mobile defense missions (ex kappa, lua etc. etc.) would mean being able to  double loot masses of mobs.  Would cut down on the time needed for farming by a lot.  Energy costs are meaningless since you'll be getting plenty from drops and should have streamline on all your frames anyways.

Edited by Aggh

I have a problem with necro: soul punch?

1. Robots and machines have no souls

2. A bitt too much magic for a sci-fi game isnt it?

3. If the grineer soldier prototype, the one every other soldier is cloned from, is a ginger, we'll have some problems.

Please make it a "phase strike" or something, but no magic stuff, please. (I really love magic, dont get m wrong, but this is still a sci-fi game!)

I know this isn't really the best forum to say this, since this is all about Necro's abilities, but would it be possible to name this warframe "Void"? "Necro" seems a little simple to me. "Void" entails the darkness of death, as well as the frame's overall style; dark and unforgiving.

HELLO I HAVE POSTED ON THIS FORUEM A FEW TIMES NOW AND I WOULD LIKE 2 LET U KNOW I AM MAKING ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT NECRO!(just because theres not enugh space and i want some of my own opinions)also no link just search in warframe feed back:gam35 necro frame!

also starting today every 2 days i will make another thread on 1 specific warframe and abilitys my hope is 2 get the staff membsers 2 recognise my ideas and hopefuly apply them i sm simply telling u my thoughs nothing else TY! AND PLST STAFF MEMBERS OF WARFRAME TAKE SOME CONSIDERATION ON MY IDEAS!LAST i am starting a thread on PASSIVE ABILITYS for warframes it hink its a good idea it could be a mod :aura,pwr or have its own slot or can me equipt idk up 2 warframe commity i am hoping it gets its own mod slot maybe next 2 aura or something.....yeah....FOR MORE INFO CHECK OUT IN WARFRAME FEEDBACK PASSIVE ABILITYS NEW IDEA!

Sounds good so far.

I guess Clone the Dead won't work on bosses :D (imagine killing new golem and then using his ult. Suddendly you have a giant ally xD)

I don't know about his 3rd skill though. So far I felt that looting containers and lockers was enough to farm materials and ammo and health shouldn't be a problem with a healer and/or ammo mods.

An alternative I suggest would be giving him another totem that increases shield dmg resistance. That would make him a good alround frame with damage, cc and support abilities. With the right numbers it shouldn't be too op either.

Edited by madhatter10

AND IT STILL DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT THAT THESE HITS WILL BE THE SAME FOR EVERY ENEMY BECAUSE WE ARE TAKING A PERCENTAGE NO MATTER IF THEY HAVE 100HP OR 1000000000HP.

Mob: 100%HP

Hit 1 for 25%: reduced to 75%HP

Hit 2 for 25%: reduced to 56.25%HP

Hit 3 for 25%: reduced to 42.1875%HP

Hit 4 for 25%: reduced to 31.6506%HP

etc

IT DOESNT MATTER IF ITS A LVL1 SAWMAN OR A LVL100 ANCIENT, HIT 4 WILL REDUCE THEM TO 31.6506% OF THEIR HP.

I HOPE THIS FACT GOT THROUGH TO YOU AFTER I USED ALLCAPS.

Look, man, you don't have to be a $&*^ about this all. Sure, the ability may have some problems, but the official description is pretty ambiguous, so it's not safe to go ranting on about everything. And even then, ~70% health damage to any and all mobs AND an armor debuff could be some decent stuff in the higher levels. But you're right, if the system is what you say, it may need some tweaking. :/

And... why would you muck around the level 1 areas with a Warframe you:

Collected thousands of resources for from all different, more dangerous areas...

Spent the time to collect the blueprints...

By farming a boss that is speculated to be the most powerful one in the game...

And... why would you muck around the level 1 areas with a Warframe you:

Collected thousands of resources for from all different, more dangerous areas...

Spent the time to collect the blueprints...

By farming a boss that is speculated to be the most powerful one in the game...

I dont know, you want to level it? Just a thought.

Try going into higher lvl defense with a LVL1 frame and your 75HP gl&hf.