Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, could you finally change how daily reward boosters work?

deothor

Thursday Night.

Came from work tired, but still happy that I get to play warframe for a while and put some  stuff on crafting and maybe check Eidolon.

Guess what? DAILY LOGIN REWARD TIME. 6h credit booster. Well, I decided to just alt+f4 without picking it up. I though that if I won't press on a humongous button, then i will be able to activate it later. I had plenty of time on friday and made few solid plans how to use it, cause 6 hours of playing? that's alot.. Well, looks like the "button" is fake and it activated without informing me in any way.

I lost that silly 6 hour credit booster.

DE, could you please change it to for example let us pick the daily reward when we want to use it? It could for example freeze the daily login reset untill we'd pick it. Or something. Don't give us rewards just to take them away. Not cool. Or just make it an item that we can use later. 

While you are at it, how about making better way of knowing what boosters I have activated?

Icons are cool and all, but writing it is just, if not even more effective way of informing players.

Maybe not as a consumable but as you said, claimable at your convenience ... but this would pose an issue as i could stock up on boosters and then leave the game for 2 years ... then return and use them at my leisure again ... having them activate upon login gives the players incentive to play the game (but actually twists their arms to) ... keeping players in the game is how you make the big bucks.

1 minute ago, Errodin said:

Maybe not as a consumable but as you said, claimable at your convenience ... but this would pose an issue as i could stock up on boosters and then leave the game for 2 years ... then return and use them at my leisure again ... having them activate upon login gives the players incentive to play the game (but actually twists their arms to) ... keeping players in the game is how you make the big bucks.

Then how about make them expire after a month/week/3days of no use? There's always a way to make it less exploitable.

So far this shady business is keeping me from playing rather than anything.

2 minutes ago, deothor said:

Then how about make them expire after a month/week/3days of no use? There's always a way to make it less exploitable.

So far this shady business is keeping me from playing rather than anything.

That could be a simple solution indeed.

The whole point of rewarding the boosters is to incentivize continuing to play. It's literally a free premium item; if you choose not to use it then you still haven't "lost" anything.

I don't understand how that qualifies as a shady business practice.

On a positive note, the duration scales with cumulative logins. Mine last 20h, and a friend says theirs last 30. When you look at the plat value of even a 3-Day booster on thr market, rewarding them simply for logging in is exceedingly generous.

1 hour ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

The whole point of rewarding the boosters is to incentivize continuing to play.

That is if you'd get it while already playing. Not when you definitely cannot play. By forcing me to play when they want they actually make want to play less. Gimme that short booster and let me use it how and when i see fit and I will play it fully. Force me to play it at 2:00 AM and well... All you'd get is me not really willing to log in next day after booster expires without me using it even for a minute.

The Duration aspect of boosters is kinda sad, as this is new feature thus even after playing for whole year before the change I have to start from 0, just like me friend who just started playing.

And then there's the part where chance for booster is.. kinda well.. sad. At least that's the way it used to be. Now it might be better, who knows. Anyways letting us choose time when we want to use boosters, even as little as damn 12h (sleep? Work? Meeting with friends? No booster wasted!) would be AMAZING.

3 minutes ago, deothor said:

That is if you'd get it while already playing. Not when you definitely cannot play.

DE has no way to predict or control those circumstances. If you log-in, the reasonable assumption is that you have time to play.

By forcing me to play when they want they actually make want to play less.

They aren't forcing you to do anything; even if you don't use the booster at all you haven't lost anything.

DE also doesn't have direct control over what rewards you get and when. It's random; all they do is set the chances.

Gimme that short booster and let me use it how and when i see fit and I will play it fully. Force me to play it at 2:00 AM and well... All you'd get is me not really willing to log in next day after booster expires without me using it even for a minute.

Okay, but why is DE responsible for you logging in so late in the day?

The Duration aspect of boosters is kinda sad, as this is new feature thus even after playing for whole year before the change I have to start from 0, just like me friend who just started playing.

I'm in the same boat, having played since U7. The new system also hit when I was thoroughly burned out on WF, so I'm still only up to... 500-something days? It is what it is.

And then there's the part where chance for booster is.. kinda well.. sad. At least that's the way it used to be. Now it might be better, who knows. Anyways letting us choose time when we want to use boosters, even as little as damn 12h (sleep? Work? Meeting with friends? No booster wasted!) would be AMAZING.

Again, DE is already giving you the booster because they want you to play. For lack of intimate information pertaining to your personal schedule, they assume that if you log-in you have time to play.

For the record I agree with the notion of delayed-activation on a personal level. However, DE isn't likely to make that change because it undermines the whole point of rewarding boosters in the first place.

You wasted a booster? That's okay! It was free, and you'll get another one eventually.

Look at it this way:

A player is allowed to stockpile boosters that expire after a week. Within that week, they get 2 boosters (I even got 3 the first week after Arbitrations went live). At high enough login, that's 40-60 hours of booster!

Is DE suddenly responsible for that player feeling "forced" to play for almost 2 days straight with no sleep to fully exploit the boosters and not waste them?

Come on. These are judgment calls players have to make for themselves.

Just now, DiabolusUrsus said:

Okay, but why is DE responsible for you logging in so late in the day?

different time zones, work, weird circumstances. You can't really use this argument here.

2 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Come on. These are judgment calls players have to make for themselves.

Doesn't mean they could allow us to decide when we want to use the booster though. All that stands against it is just lack of will. Even 6-12h of leeway would do. That's little yet allows you to at least prepare your daily tasks to allocate some time to playing. Sounds better than "play or waste".

6 hours ago, deothor said:

DE, could you please change it to for example let us pick the daily reward when we want to use it? It could for example freeze the daily login reset untill we'd pick it. Or something. Don't give us rewards just to take them away. Not cool. Or just make it an item that we can use later. 

The game does not have to give you free boosters at all. It does, and this is not good enough for you?

If a coworker brings you an unexpected coffee, are you really going to be like: "Well, I don't really feel like a coffee right now. Can you instead bring me one next Wednesday at 0937hrs precisely? What, no!? Not cool."

Sounds like a much easier fix is to make your individual account unable to receive the daily log in boosters. Problem solved.

16 minutes ago, deothor said:

different time zones, work, weird circumstances. You can't really use this argument here.

That's my point, though. You said yourself that you logged-in late. The login system gives you your reward when you log-in.

Whether or not you have time when you do so is your own responsibility.

16 minutes ago, deothor said:

Doesn't mean they could allow us to decide when we want to use the booster though. All that stands against it is just lack of will. Even 6-12h of leeway would do. That's little yet allows you to at least prepare your daily tasks to allocate some time to playing. Sounds better than "play or waste".

Even with 6 hours, there will be overlap once the boosters scale high enough. Heck, there is already potential overlap considering they can apparently hit 30.

The point is that DE can't please everyone, nor should they have to try. It's not a big deal to waste a free booster if you still don't want to play.

Life is full of unexpected, unpredictable events. I think allowing us to claim rewards at our convenience before the next daily reset would be a nice little QOL improvement, without being detrimental to DE in any way. Of course if it's not claimed when the daily resets, then it'd be lost.

Making it an item for later use would be asking too much however, imo.

Edited by Robolaser