Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Qol update for sorties please

(PSN)willitical

I just had a great Idea, weapon specific sorties is Always messing up loadouts, and ppl take forever to go back and put on an available weapon, my idea is once you try to either try to select the mission or try to ready up, you will see a box open showing available weapons you Can take with you, then the best part is after the mission it will revert back what you had before, can't tell you how many times i went to mission with the wrong gun because i forgot to switch it back 

You will hit a state eventually where you don't have these problems anymore.

If there is a "Shotgun only" sortie I just pick Tigris/Arca/Sobek with whatever the Loadout was. Actually I don't even know them.

Same goes for Secondary and Melee ones.

I just look at the Mission type and select the corresponding Frame-Loadout for said mission.

E.g. Interception will always be Slova. If there isn't a shotgun assigned to my Nova I just pick whatever I feel like. It's overkill even with the wrong setup anyways...so meh. 

There is just no way for someone to have that many loadouts like your suggesting, take spy missions for example you would need spy with shotgun, spy with sniper, then lets look at def, you would need def with shotgun, def with sniper, that is way too much of a headache, my idea is simple, and it would only be used when attempting to do a weapon specific mission that doesn't have an appropriate weapon equipped, this is a much better solution since it wont save the newly equipped weapon thats selected from this menu

6 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

spy with shotgun, spy with sniper, then lets look at def, you would need def with shotgun, def with sniper,

No you wouldn't.

Like I said I have Loadouts for my frames. Loki, Equinox, Mesa, Frost, etc.

If there is a Defense I pick Mesa (where weapon modifier don't even matter because Regulators kill everything). Same goes for Spy.

I pick Loki/Octavia and rush to A, B, C. Hack it and extract. Work of 3 minutes with 0 kills.

And so on. Rescue doesn't even require a single mod! You only need to destroy (Laser) Barriers, which are onshot.

As for Mission where you actually have to kill something my first point comes into play. Eventually your builds are so strong you can even complete sortie 3 with the wrong Loadout.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

I have loadouts for almost every type of mission, even one for rescue,

Then you are the one to blame. You are making your life just harder. Just do as I said. Make Frame-Loadouts. Assign weapons you like and can use. If one is restricted switch to another weapon just for this mission and while doing so you can change your Loadout as well. I mean...usually you have 3 Loadouts to cover any situation

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

I like this idea. I see no reason not to implement it, It would really be a QoL change. Most weapon-specific sorties are just annoying because you have to visit you arsenal (and eventually forget to switch it back), and you might not even fire your weapon for the duration of the mission...

Edited by Guest

I have 3 loadouts named "General Use 1/2/3", and then my specific loadouts. Why? Because if I know I'm going to be something with a team, or I have the perfect setup for a game mode but an alert comes up and I have to change it, I can have interchangeable loadouts ready. This is really handy for sorties since I can ready all 3 loadouts for each mission. Most of the time I don't have to though, since one loadout is usually enough for every mission.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

Im either confused or your saying u can take whatever you want to any sortie mission 

Yeah, but why? I explained it simple 2 times

29 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You will hit a state eventually where you don't have these problems anymore.

If there is a "Shotgun only" sortie I just pick Tigris/Arca/Sobek with whatever the Loadout was.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

Cause as far as i know if sais shotgun only you have to go and equip a dang shotgun

so what? Just pick a shotgun then? Whats the problem?

PcpYlQT.jpg

bam. I dont even need to think. I know my Arca can kill any Sortie 3. If it's an Assassination or something the Arca has trouble with I pick Tigris.

9kPV2MZ.jpg

Same goes for Sniper only. I pick my Vectis Prime. Loadout doesn't matter. Every enemy until Lv 155 is almost oneshot everytime.

JilyZjV.jpg

Bow? Pick Dread

jdLyqWv.jpg

paired with a useful frame there is no issue at all. 

Idk which assassination, I pick either Frost or Slova (for slow) or Loki for stealh kill (Hyena eg). 

edit:

added some pictures. All are Loadout A. I just pick the weapon and can start the mission. No need to switch mods or look for a specific Loadout. Pick and go. Easy

These are endgame builds. I know that. But you will hit this state eventually. Your idea may help you now but in the long run it's useless

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

2 hours ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I like this idea. I see no reason to implement it, It would really be a QoL change. Most weapon-specific sorties are just annoying because you have to visit you arsenal (and eventually forget to switch it back), and you might not even fire your weapon for the duration of the mission...

At least someone sees what i was trying to say, its just a qol thing