Jump to content
  • 0

Can someone explain me the focus system?


jerrylol9999
 Share

Question

After unlocking the focus system with the second dream, the only button that I could press is to focus conversion, then it appeared that I need different types of eidolon shards, I thought that was a endgame thing(To hunt eidolons) so i just ignored it, it wasn't like I use the operator anyway. After the next two mainline quests I felt like my operator is not strong enough, but in those quests you can respawn infinite times with no consequence so why bother. Then I unlocked the Sacrifice, that quest was so hard and my operator barely completed it with no revives left(In all the missions) the only thing I could do is to hide my warframe and die over and over again. After the quest I know that I need to do something with the focus system so I tagged along a group hunting eidolons and got an eidolon shard, but the system said that I need different types of eidolon shards and I only have a normal one, what am I suppose to do now? Someone help me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

No one can explain it more detailed than the wiki

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Focus

 

The only thing which wasn't clear enough for me when this system dropped was how the way-bound passives work. There are passives and way-bound passives.

Each school has 2 way-bound passives which can be unbound by ranking them to the max and use 1million Focus of that school plus an Eidolon Shard. This way you can use this particular skill in any school you want.

For example Vazarin school. You max out and unbind "Enduring Tides". You can use this passive (150% more Health for your Operator) even when Zenurik is your primary school.

 

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No one can explain it more detailed than the wiki

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Focus

 

The only thing which wasn't clear enough for me when this system dropped was how the way-bound passives work. There are passives and way-bound passives.

Each school has 2 way-bound passives which can be unbound by ranking them to the max and use 1million Focus of that school plus an Eidolon Shard. This way you can use this particular skill in any school you want.

For example Vazarin school. You max out and unbind "Enduring Tides". You can use this passive (150% more Health for your Operator) even when Zenurik is your primary school.

 

I need a brilliant eidolon shard, a radiant and a synthetic one to unlock madurai which I chose , but once I hunted an eidolon it only gaved me an eidolon shard that doesnt have the name radiant, synthetic or brilliant on it , do I need to do something to convert them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 minutes ago, jerrylol9999 said:

I need a brilliant eidolon shard, a radiant and a synthetic one to unlock madurai which I chose , but once I hunted an eidolon it only gaved me an eidolon shard that doesnt have the name radiant, synthetic or brilliant on it , do I need to do something to convert them?

Ah, for takedowns you will only get an Eidolon shard; still useful for crafting some Tenno form specific gear but you need to do captures to get brilliant shards from the Teralyst, and then Radiant for Gantulyst and Hydrolyst. The Teralyst needs 2 fully charged Lures while the Gantulyst and Hydrolysts require 3 fully charged Lures. Each capture will destroy the lures used for the the actual capture itself so it can take some prior planning or quick running, hacking, and then refilling the new lures with angry Vomvalysts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Ah, for takedowns you will only get an Eidolon shard; still useful for crafting some Tenno form specific gear but you need to do captures to get brilliant shards from the Teralyst, and then Radiant for Gantulyst and Hydrolyst. The Teralyst needs 2 fully charged Lures while the Gantulyst and Hydrolysts require 3 fully charged Lures. Each capture will destroy the lures used for the the actual capture itself so it can take some prior planning or quick running, hacking, and then refilling the new lures with angry Vomvalysts.

Thx a lot for the imfornation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...