Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix Survival Ending

StuffedTurkey007

Survival is awesome. It's probably my favorite mode, and the most lucrative - but pretty much any way to end it would be better than the current.

I've heard if everyone dies and at least 1 person doesn't press forfeit, it's mission success when you run out of air. I've heard at least 1 person has to be standing and let the air run out.

I don't really care. The ending should be something victorious, rather than waiting and twiddling your thumbs while you suffocate. Maybe when the Lotus delivers oxygen, you can either jump on the ship or keep going with the life support she brings - it would be similar to defense in that matter. Or you could go to extraction at any time after alpha team completes the raid, and the extraction room could be the room you started in, or another adjacent room to the fighting room.

I welcome all other ideas as well because they're probably better than the current ending.

I like the extraction room idea.

Maybe after 10 minutes or so, this extraction room opens up for anyone to bail, just like defense mode. 

If a player fails to make it to the extraction before the Oxygen runs out, the mission fails for everyone who didn't make it to the room. 

I think survival should run out of air, the screen goes red while you watch the enemy stand around your corpse in a circle shooting and beating away at you and you can not do anything about it.

Lotus says you have served your purpose tenno mission complete.

This will drive people with OCD or a fear of losing to not play the game because they feel like they lose every time LOL!

And add a mission fail point on random occasions.

I think they should add escape pods. 4 of them. When used by 1 man, the other escape pods remain, and the other players remain in survival.

When they feel they need to leave, TO THE ESCAPE PAWDS.

It makes more sense than being picked up from a place with no oxygen.

Then again, asking a Sci-Fi space ninja game to make sense is akin to asking a kitten to become uglier.

I think they should add escape pods. 4 of them. When used by 1 man, the other escape pods remain, and the other players remain in survival.

Then again, asking a Sci-Fi space ninja game to make sense is akin to asking a kitten to become uglier.

escape pods sounds good.

and kittens can't get uglier because they're at the bottom of that barrel already(hue).

I think survival should run out of air, the screen goes red while you watch the enemy stand around your corpse in a circle shooting and beating away at you and you can not do anything about it.

Lotus says you have served your purpose tenno mission complete.

This will drive people with OCD or a fear of losing to not play the game because they feel like they lose every time LOL!

And add a mission fail point on random occasions.

They should also start &!$$ing on the corpses, you know, to prove their point...

On more serious note, the current ending in case of mission accomplished is really $&*&*#(%&. Due to lack of proper ending, it doesn't feel like "success" at all..

It needs a cinematic ending - something like bigger Nova-like portal appearing out of nowhere on the particular spot of the map, instantly killing nearby enemies and surviving tennos running through it.

Talking about surviving tennos, mission accomplished conditions are just too broad and tolerant for survival type.

Make it more simple:

- who is alive and fighting when air get to 0 got mission accomplished, loot and everything

- who is downed or dead, still mission accomplished, but nothing (or at least some kind of penalty)

- when everybody is downed/death, mission failure immediately

Edited by zelgaris