Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Last Time, Strun Wraith Isn't Op

Senorclean

1. 190 base damage is to compensate for not having a shotgun amp aura, so stop using energy siphon and use rifle amp instead of power spamming 24/7

2. its a shotgun, only works good in close range which means your taking a lot of damage

3. it's a event only weapon, shouldn't complete garbage and you can't get it anymore

4. it's bullet damage type, doesn't do anything to people with high armor

5. pistol mods COMPLETELY beats shotgun mods and so does rifle mods. Serration gives 165% base at the cost of 1 mod slot (14 mod points) and point blank+blaze only gives 150% base damage at the cost of 2 mod slots (18 mod points).

1. 190 base damage is to compensate for not having a shotgun amp aura, so stop using energy siphon and use rifle amp instead of power spamming 24/7

2. its a shotgun, only works good in close range which means your taking a lot of damage

3. it's a event only weapon, shouldn't complete garbage and you can't get it anymore

5. pistol mods COMPLETELY beats shotgun mods and so does rifle mods. Serration gives 165% base at the cost of 1 mod slot (14 mod points) and point blank+blaze only gives 150% base damage at the cost of 2 mod slots (18 mod points).

1. Ok

2. I've not taken damage. It kills anything before it gets too close.

3. Didn't understand any of that.

4. LOL

5. Ignoring because I'm tired of secondary vs primary arguments.

I thought rifle amp increased all primary weapon damage... I learn new things every day

Im pretty sure Rifle Amp should normally buff all primaries. It's buggy though atm and doesnt work with Shotguns.

Edited by R3leaZ

If you compare the Straith with all weapons it is strong but not OP.. but that's not the point. Compared to all other (now obsolete) Shotguns the Straith is pretty OP. 50 more damage, ~50% (20 compared to 2.5-7.5) more crit chance, higher crit damage, fastest fire rate, fairly big clip, low spread.. it's better (by far) in any aspect than other Shotguns.

A balanced Strun Wraith would look like: 160 damage, 10% crit chance, 150% crit damage, 8 Clip, lower fire rate than Sobek but a bit higher than Stock Strun.

Sure there are alot of weapons that are way better than the Strun wraith.. that's because shotguns suck ^^ But compared to all other shotguns.. Strun Wraith is OP.

Edited by Namacyst

I just hate power creeps. It's Braton Vandal situation all over again. A lot of people will complain about it not being a sidegrade but a straight upgrade and people who missed out the event will feel inferior.

Tiering my **s. This weapon doesn't even require a certain mastery rank.

that's because shotguns suck ^^ But compared to all other shotguns.. Strun Wraith is OP.

?

Since Shotguns suck, shouldnt the other shotguns be buffed to around its level? If you nerf Straith, you are making shotguns suck even more right? Not directed to you, in case you misunderstand. Just using your quote as reference.

1. Rifle amp is bugged I think, should work with shotguns though

2. eh, works fine at mid range too.

3. Doesn't mean it should be the BEST shotgun and out damage all other shotguns

4. Shotguns get 150% base damage (AND since it's spread over 2 mods, it's easier to level both mods to max) AND 150% ap damage (again, spread over 2 mods, so it's easier to level). Trust me, wraith does FINE against armored enemies. It's AP damage it's 50% more than its base damage.

5. Sure, only 15% base damage difference with rifles, BUT for 4 extra points, you also get 60% fire damage, and a hellfire starts at 6pt for 15% fire damage. More than worth it. You also missed the 150% AP damage, which makes shotguns pretty good at killing armored targets

Not saying it should be nerfed though.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I just hate power creeps. It's Braton Vandal situation all over again. A lot of people will complain about it not being a sidegrade but a straight upgrade and people who missed out the event will feel inferior.

Tiering my **s. This weapon doesn't even require a certain mastery rank.

I do not have a braton vandal and do not even like the braton series: If DE buffed the Braton vandal to a decent power I wouldn't care that I couldn't get it. DE can do more versions of braton at any time with different skins and names with more events down the line. 

Wraith has crap for range and is a worthless at midrange, Hek is still vastly superior from shooting out a frost snow globe because it has a much greater range.

?

Since Shotguns suck, shouldnt the other shotguns be buffed to around its level? If you nerf Straith, you are making shotguns suck even more right? Not directed to you, in case you misunderstand. Just using your quote as reference.

Shotguns have issues: Hek needs a larger magazine(8-12), boar is trash(full auto with 120 rounds doesn't work right), strun is a credit weapon and Sobek needs greater range to compensate for it's lower damage. There are ways to fix both sobek and Hek without a straight damage increase.

Edited by LazyKnight

Actually, if we consider this a similar situation to the BV, from my memory wasn't it the case that the BV did not get nerfed, but the Braton got buffed to surpass it?

If its the same with shotguns, and people complain that they can't get the Strun Wraith, we might get a generally needed shotgun buff overall.

*Being optimistic*