Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Suggestion: Melee Projection

RawGritz

Forgive me if this was suggested

Melee Projection works similar to melee channel.

Percentage of energy used is converted into an energy based projectile strike which travels for a short distance. Energy projectile emitted from blade on next melee strike (could be charge strike only or...) If next strike is a ground strike then energy wave is emitted in a circular radius amplifying base melee weapon AOE damage.

Energy wave does blade or physical damage (depends on weapons base damage type) and retains any mod amplifiers and elemental dmg+'s

This mod Scales and works well with melee channel. Distance scales with leveling up and Reach.

Edited by RawGritz

I like the idea a lot. I think that this can even add different effects depending on certain weapons. As an example, I'll take throwing weapons like Glaive.

In a charge attack, instead of throwing another energy wave in front of the flying Glaive, it can develop energy blades around it to have a larger radius. However, I can see issues with that, such as doing Blade damage instead of Serrated Blade, or Ragdoll in the case of Kestrel.

Edited by Casardis

I like the idea a lot. I think that this can even add different effects depending on certain weapons. As an example, I'll take throwing weapons like Glaive.

In a charge attack, instead of throwing another energy wave in front of the flying Glaive, it can develop energy blades around it to have a larger radius. However, I can see issues with that, such as doing Blade damage instead of Serrated Blade, or Ragdoll in the case of Kestrel.

Firstly... Thanks, Tenno!

I agree there could be various ways to represent this. Kestrel melee projection, doing physical dmg, makes perfect sense.

Some waves could travel along the ground...maybe for the heavy hammer weapons.  Others are sliver-thin crescent moons and such dealing serrated blade dmg. Obviously DE would do something stellar with the visuals that I can't think of...

Edited by RawGritz

was your inspiration from the Bloodskal Blade in TES?

No actually it was Armored Core. Older game. The melee was a simple slash but you could buy different blades with the ability to project an energy wave in front of you that dealt massive dmg.

Edited by RawGritz

No actually it was Armored Core. Older game. The melee was a simple slash but you could buy different blades with the ability to project an energy wave in front of you that dealt massive dmg.

I thought of AC but I was almost certain this was going to be from a different game...(older than Armored Core, haha)

Anyway, cool idea. I dunno if it'd fit how the rest of most mods work, but if we can have "Heavy Impact" then we can have this, imo.

Edited by Volume