Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaringly Obvious, Presumably Simple, Inexplicably Unimplemented Exit Game Function In The Main Lobby.

Zeppel

The title says it all.

I am continuously boggled by the fact that there is an "exit game" button on the in-mission menu, while there is no such "exit game" button on the main lobby menu. This is different from almost every single other game I've played, and believe me, I've played more than my fair share.

Look, look, I know that this is a relatively simple issue that doesn't affect game play. But, such a fundamental oversight in a game of this size and caliber is very surprising to me. I can see no logical excuse for it's absence, and, what little I know of game programming leads me to believe that this would be a simple fix, requiring only a small amount of new art and more or less a copy+paste of the code from the in-mission exit game button. Super simple stuff. I think.

While we're at it, the decision to use escape as the default key binding for opening the in-game mission options, but NOT to use escape as the default key binding for opening the log out (and hopefully, in the future, exit game!) button(s) in the main lobby/menu is equally boggling, and equally simple to fix. It's seems silly to be required to manually click the 'X' in the top right corner of the screen, manually click 'Yes' to log out, then be required to manually click the 'X' in the log-in screen, and then manually click 'Yes', yet again to exit the game.

Especially when it takes a tenth of the time to accomplish the same thing when you aren't in the main lobby, despite the fact that in almost every other game out there, the main menu/lobby is regarded as the place where most of the options like this should be.

Anyway, that's all I've got. Love the game so much, I hate to see easily correctable inconsistencies like this pass by unnoticed.

(TL:DR: Y U NO HAVE EXIT GAME BUTTON IN MAIN LOBBY?!?!)

(I may or may not have posted about this DIRE issue before.)

-Zeppel

Don't get me wrong, I love the hell out of the game. It's got a huge amount of awesome, original weapons and frames, gorgeous tile sets (for the most part), and great ability/movement mechanics.

I just hate to see small and (presumably) easy quality of life improvements like this fall by the wayside. It seems unprofessional to me.

alt-f4?

I do understand where you're coming from, but substituting a core windows functionality in place of what is traditionally considered standard in-game functionality is clunky and unnecessary.

It also, as I mentioned in my previous post, is simply unprofessional. It gives the impression that the game is more unfinished than it really is.

I know it's still "beta", but let's face it, this game is more polished and has more content than a good deal of games officially released this year. No reason to let something like this (or, perhaps, the lack of something like this) sneak it's way into the official release version.

EDIT: Also, and perhaps most importantly, not everyone's going to know what alt-f4 does.

Edited by Zeppel

I do understand where you're coming from, but substituting a core windows functionality in place of what is traditionally considered standard in-game functionality is clunky and unnecessary.

It also, as I mentioned in my previous post, is simply unprofessional. It gives the impression that the game is more unfinished than it really is.

I know it's still "beta", but let's face it, this game is more polished and has more content than a good deal of games officially released this year. No reason to let something like this (or, perhaps, the lack of something like this) sneak it's way into the official release version.

EDIT: Also, and perhaps most importantly, not everyone's going to know what alt-f4 does.

Or play in windowed mode and just click the window's "x". that's what I actually do.

True, though, it really should have an "exit" button.

I was honestly baffled when I realised there was no straight up exit to desktop from the mission lobby.

This is definitely something that should be implemented as a quality of life and user interface streamlining change.

(DE why you love the mouse clicking so much, so many pointless extra clicks in your interface.)

I think it is somewhat a continuity issue. I've noticed a similar problem in the UI with the placement of [EXIT] menu buttons. Sometimes they are on the left, sometimes on the right, sometimes it's a little [X] in the upper right. The wording also varies from Exit, to Back, to Cancel. These kinds of inconsistencies come across as unprofessional when they could be fixed with minor effort.

Makes me wonder... Don't the DE have any interns?