Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven changes costed me 2k plat

QuillTheBoreal

On 09/11/2018 at 12:23, QuillTheBoreal said:

Agora, eu realmente entendo que os rivais adicionam imenso poder ao jogo. Eles precisavam de um nerf. No entanto, os rivens que eu comprei na semana passada valem menos da metade e eu acabei de vender meu sweeper dividido por 50p porque eu não sabia que você decidiu removê-lo e eu não posso nem jogar fortuna porque eu tento ganhar de volta totalmente desapontado. Você nos levou a perder plat? Não, obrigado. Eu gostaria que esta atualização nunca viesse 

Sad, but true!

É triste mas é verdade!

On 2018-11-09 at 2:23 PM, QuillTheBoreal said:

Now, I indeed understand that rivens add immense power to the game. They needed a nerf. However, the rivens I bought last week is now worthing less then half and I just sold my sweeper riven for 50p because I didnt know you decided to remove it and I can't even play fortuna cuz I try to earn my plat back I am totally disappointed. You Hyped us to lose plat? No thanks. I wish this update never came 

So many things wrong with this statement it's unbelievable there is actually someone like this

1st of all you sold for 50 because you and the buyer agreed on a price, you are in charge of your own game, you read the path notes, you take care of yourself, not others, if you wanted to sell for more then you must specify this to the buyer, right now nothing was lost because you specified a price you wanted, using the "but i could have gotten more" is something that applies to all trades and i certainly do not see you moan on your previous trades here on the forums

2nd the stats of rivens didn't change all that much and the type of stats are the same, so technically the gameplay you have should not change at all, if it does then you are on the low end of gameplay and you seriously need to revisit all mission types and improve the gameplay, even without rivens so that you do not depend on them for results, rivens are complements to builds and builds complements to gameplay, they do not translate directly to results.

3rd, you did not lose plat, the worth remains the same, if you are the seller you can assign the same price as before the update, you can even charge more.

It's your game and your gameplay, others do not decide rivens worth and others will not babysit you on changes, start reading dev workshops and patch notes.

Edited by KIREEK

On 2018-11-09 at 7:23 AM, QuillTheBoreal said:

Now, I indeed understand that rivens add immense power to the game. They needed a nerf. However, the rivens I bought last week is now worthing less then half and I just sold my sweeper riven for 50p because I didnt know you decided to remove it and I can't even play fortuna cuz I try to earn my plat back I am totally disappointed. You Hyped us to lose plat? No thanks. I wish this update never came 

I mean...I knew this was subject to change and happen, but in the end there's two options: suck it up, move on...

Or do what I'm doing: Get rid of/sell the remaining (or turn them into endo, I can't stand trading) Riven mods that doesn't mean a thing towards your soul anymore and try to make "some" profit off of it and go on a long hiatus. Something is better than nothing. 

Here's a saying I like to hear and say everyday: "It gets better..."

🙂

If you think you can sit on items and have them passively accumulate value then you're gonna have a bad time.

People who sat on Frost Prime sets expecting to be able to sell them for extortionate amounts of Platinum got screwed by unvaults and Twitch drops, people who hoard Rivens trying to sell them for 20k a pop can have them all rebalanced in a second, people who bought a bunch of Maiming Strikes expecting to be able to flip them got screwed by the Acolytes coming back, people who hoarded Arcane sets got screwed when Eidolons dropped.

If you have something that's valuable now, then sell it. Don't wait because you think you can sell it for 10% more later. You know what never drops in value and can't be rebalanced or removed? Platinum. Better to be sitting on stacks of that than stacks of Rivens and Prime sets.