The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Very poor loading performance since update

Aikii

I'm having major loading & stuttering issues with this Fortuna update that directly affects gameplay. Interface icons and video conversations are often completely gone with just the black shadows behind, and can take a long time to load in, especially with video conversations, which can be delayed a minute or more. Other audio also cuts out occasionally. This happens a lot more in the Orb Vallis than other areas, which is probably considering it has lots of new images and textures.

In addition, a particular bug occurs in the Orb Vallis where the game slows to a very annoying, stuttering crawl for a few seconds whenever you initiate a hack or talk to a NPC, and the camera zooms in and blurs. 

Overall, despite having optimized the cache when installing, load times have definitely slowed in this update, even in regular small tilesets.

Edited by Aikii

I can confirm I am having same issues described in above post.

However, they only start to happen after I load in to Vallis. I can play regular missions fine, Plains fine... I load into Vallis game craps out on me. regular missions no longer fine, plains no longer fine. Long loading times, irregular 1-2 second stuttering, adio cuts/skips.

GTX 960
i5-3330 
8gb RAM

1 hour ago, Aikii said:

I'm having major loading & stuttering issues with this Fortuna update that directly affects gameplay. Interface icons and video conversations are often completely gone with just the black shadows behind, and can take a long time to load in, especially with video conversations, which can be delayed a minute or more. Other audio also cuts out occasionally. This happens a lot more in the Orb Vallis than other areas, which is probably considering it has lots of new images and textures.

In addition, a particular bug occurs in the Orb Vallis where the game slows to a very annoying, stuttering crawl for a few seconds whenever you initiate a hack or talk to a NPC, and the camera zooms in and blurs. 

Overall, despite having optimized the cache when installing, load times have definitely slowed in this update, even in regular small tilesets.

I agreed with u pal, fortuna isnt optimized very well.

5 hours ago, SqualZell said:

I can confirm I am having same issues described in above post.

However, they only start to happen after I load in to Vallis. I can play regular missions fine, Plains fine... I load into Vallis game craps out on me. regular missions no longer fine, plains no longer fine. Long loading times, irregular 1-2 second stuttering, adio cuts/skips.

GTX 960
i5-3330 
8gb RAM

SAME! omg I'm usually pretty patient with games loading, and while Eidelon would sometimes stutter during loading it has nothing on Vallis.

(I'm running it on an Alienware laptop that's built for these types of games btw, still has issues loading in)

Gameplay doesn't improve even moving out into the land. Cannot complete quests because the GPU just dies for minutes on end and even when working it only runs at 0.005 fps which makes the motion blur go crazy so I can't see where I'm going or who I'm attacking. Seriously frustrated by this. I want to complete the main quests so badly.

Comp specs:
Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-6700HQ CPU  @ 2.60GHz 2.59GHz
Alienware 15 R2

When posting about loading issues don't forget to mention what Warframe is installed on. An HDD, SATA SSD, or NVMe SSD.

No issues here, from Fortuna to Orb Vallis is 7-8 seconds from walking into the door. From Orb Vallis to Fortuna is about 6-7 Seconds from walking into the door.

i7-6800k @ 4.25Ghz
32GB RAM @ 3Ghz
GTX 1080 @ 2Ghz
Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD

Only performance issue I have found is when scoping in on snipers.

Edited by Chaos.Blades