Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Garuda's Talons (from a window view)....

(XBOX)WafflyLearner89

Since I am on console I have not been able to try out Garuda. I have however seen footage of other people playing her and from what I saw, I am quite mad about her Talon claws.

Don't get me wrong, I was really happy that we would be able to use her claws for melee outside of her abilities, but the fact that they are basically another claw weapon like the rest is really bad.

For starters, her stats don't justify not using significantly better weapons, let alone other claw weapons like Venka Prime. The talons don't even have there own stance like other exalted melee weapons and reuse animations from the claw weapons. I was really hoping that even if the stats were not up to par, that she would get her own stance and have unique animations for her weapon. Really hope its just because the devs are saving the stance and animations for Garuda till Melee 3.0 is ready.

Changes I would make:

Animations

-No reusing animations from the claw weapons

-Her idle stance with melee weapon (her talons) equipped would look like this:

9732923b0dea818bde836b220a16a74b.jpg

(perfect for Garuda as she shares a similar stance with this image in her noble animation. Also it would be unique and menacing)

-Her sheathing and unsheathing animations for talons would have to be different. Prehaps she flicks her arms out to the side allowing for a smooth transition to her melee idle stance (the one i suggested)

-She would have her own stance that is exclusive to her talons while matching her style and personality. Animations for her stance would be unique and fun to use.

Mechanics

-buffs for her talons so it would be worth not equipping a melee weapon

-Combos should be fun and effective when in use.

-Can equip talons without having a primary or secondary weapon equipped.

I do not mind the fact that her talons are not an exalted weapon, but the fact that it was given the treatment of having unique stances and animations like other exalted melee weapons made me really upset. I really hope that DE does give Garuda's Talons more uniqueness in both animations and combo attacks once melee 3.0 is up and running BEFORE she come to console. Her talons and character model were the main selling points for me. Really hope DE works on this. It's all I want from her.

Thank you  

4 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

but the fact that it was given the treatment of having unique stances and animations like other exalted melee weapons made me really upset. I really hope that DE does give Garuda's Talons more uniqueness in both animations and combo attacks once melee 3.0 is up and running BEFORE she come to console. Her talons and character model were the main selling points for me. Really hope DE works on this. It's all I want from her.

Exalted melee for Garuda was never planned but people wanted it. So they gave a quick fix to it by allowing it to be equippable and this was two(?) weeks before the release of Fortuna so idk about you but animations take a while to create + the fact that were in a Fortuna preparation phase by then means no unique animations. And melee 3.0 is TBD so I don't know how long do you expect the Fortuna update to take to reach consoles

3 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Exalted melee for Garuda was never planned but people wanted it. So they gave a quick fix to it by allowing it to be equippable and this was two(?) weeks before the release of Fortuna so idk about you but animations take a while to create + the fact that were in a Fortuna preparation phase by then means no unique animations. And melee 3.0 is TBD so I don't know how long do you expect the Fortuna update to take to reach consoles

It's not that, I have no idea if by the time melee 3.0 comes around if they will provide unique animations and combos for Garuda's Talons. They only said that she could use them if no other weapon is equipped. They never said if they were still working on her animations and stance for the weapon which worries me. If she still has no stance or animation by the time she comes to console, I worry that they will focus on balancing on other frames before getting back to her. They also said in the patchnotes that melee 3.0 would be in a future Fortuna patch

"Onwards from Update 24: More is coming! 

The Orb Vallis landscape is so vast in size and discovery that even with the following 20+ pages of notes, this is just the first installment of Fortuna content! You can expect more to come in the next couple of weeks, including more Conservation species, new Operator Amps that will be available for sale from Little Duck’s offerings, and your chance to take down the ultimate threat roaming these terraformed lands. The long awaited Melee 3.0 will also be making its debut in full to accompany the Melee sound additions and changes that were released in Update 23.10.0. A Dev Workshop on the changes will be posted in the future. "

4 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

Am I the only one who fells that Garuda's Talons needs some more work to make them worth it?

I don't understand why they don't have crazy crit to work with her 4 instead of status. CO viral, bleed is good and all but those are short ass claws.