Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag 9.8: Feedback Thread

[DE]Megan

Now that I've had time to really play her I'm impressed.

Better group utility would be nice. Maybe allow shield pol to boost the shields of nearby friendly players (not just replenish) for x amount of time.

That would give her something for higher levels. The time limit on the shield boost would stop it competing with Rhinos iron skin.

Pull is quite strong but its lower level fun so thats fine. It gives knockdown utility at higher levels. Love it.

Crush seems a tad weak and tends to miss units.

I've been playing Mag Prime, having not touched Mag since these changes were added in. Observations:

- Pull: The actual pull effect on Pull is quite unpredictable, not that big of a deal for me, but a minor annoyance. Also, there seems to be some weird invulnerability thing going on after enemies are ragdolled?

- Shield Polarise: would be well served with a squad buff (damage reduction to shields for X seconds after cast or similar).

- Bullet Attractor: is too expensive for an underwhelming single-target skill, and I hate using it maxed - the absorption sphere is... well, the word that springs to mind is grotesque. Cast time is also a problem.

- Crush: For energy cost, I find Crush completely outclassed by Pull now. Pull has incredible range, its only downside relative to Crush is it's directional, but 2 casts will do the work of Crush on lower levels, and on higher levels because it's armour ignoring it exceeds Crush's damage and equals its CC.

Overall observation: Waaaaaayyyyy too much focus on increasing damage. Bullet Attractor would be fine as a cheap spammable skill that casts quickly. Otherwise, replace it. Pull should have more focus on utility than damage, I think. If that makes it unworkable then replace it. Shield Polarise conceptually lends itself to absolutes: it should recharge squad shields to 100% instantly with a damage reduction buff for X seconds while depleting enemy shields to 0% instantly, with damage, sure, but damage could be toned down somewhat. Crush is ok for a boring ulti, could be improved here and there, just seems out of whack because damage has been buffed so much on the rest of her skillset.

What I noticed about shooting projectiles into bullet attractor globe is that you can see the projectiles be attracted to the target. Does anyone know if you can shoot enemies within the globe (other than the attracted target) with projectile weapons by aligning yourself with the globe's center??

The bullets still follow a path to the target, in theory you could angle your shots so that it will hit another target besides the one with bullet attractor on it.

>< practically thats too inconvenient. The globe is too big! 

I'm thinking about using BA as a defensive skill, but it seems no weapon can hit enemies within the sphere except ogris and mag's pull.

Hmm...ogris...

The point of BA is that target is a priority target, you want to nuke that single target down.  If you are free to pick and chose your targets, that is not the situation you want to use it in.  If there is a Grineer Napalm guy closing in on the pod, then you would want to pop BA to single him out.

The point of BA is that target is a priority target, you want to nuke that single target down.  If you are free to pick and chose your targets, that is not the situation you want to use it in.  If there is a Grineer Napalm guy closing in on the pod, then you would want to pop BA to single him out.

If BA cost 25 energy, did not have a grotesquely large absorption sphere at max rank, and did not have a cast time of 1 second, it would be potentially useful in the scenario you describe.

75 energy for a single-target skill is and always will be a complete waste of a slot. (Never mind that they've senselessly added AoE damage to Mag's first three skills in an unbalanced attempt to make her useful - if the damage becomes the focus of the skill then it becomes clear it should have been replaced long ago.)

Edited by kgb_cyborg

If BA cost 25 energy, did not have a grotesquely large absorption sphere at max rank, and did not have a cast time of 1 second, it would be potentially useful in the scenario you describe.

75 energy for a single-target skill is and always will be a complete waste of a slot. (Never mind that they've senselessly added AoE damage to Mag's first three skills in an unbalanced attempt to make her useful - if the damage becomes the focus of the skill then it becomes clear it should have been replaced long ago.)

To be fair, I agree with you.  I was more talking about its intended purpose.  Although I think 50 energy for a X2 damage boost with the extra glaive/miter combo along with other spray and pray weapons and stops the enemy from shooting is reasonable  75 energy is steep for the effect and I doubt anything they do to the ability will make it worth it and 25 is too cheep for what you get out of it now.

But won't it be better for BA is serve purposes outside of killing bosses. From what I've heard...BA does not affect missiles and rockets. So even if I used BA on a napalm, he would still get me. And that's why I thought of ogris to pick the enemies.

I was thinking of using BA as a frost snowglobe so that I can keep a group of enemies from shooting me while I can return fire on them sitting ducks. If only BA could be tweaked to make it more worth it than pull in these circumstances.

I have a question regarding bullet attractor with shotguns.
Since shotguns do more damage (or actually normal damage) up close, and do a lot less if the shells hit them faraway, 

would the distance damage scaling take place with bullet attractor since the bullets actually have to pass thru the forcefield before hitting the target, I was wondering If I have to shoot the forcefield at close range for max damage and if I shoot the forcefield from far away the damage goes down the drain too.

I have a question regarding bullet attractor with shotguns.

Since shotguns do more damage (or actually normal damage) up close, and do a lot less if the shells hit them faraway, 

would the distance damage scaling take place with bullet attractor since the bullets actually have to pass thru the forcefield before hitting the target, I was wondering If I have to shoot the forcefield at close range for max damage and if I shoot the forcefield from far away the damage goes down the drain too.

Shotguns do more damage closer because more pellets are hitting, so yes, with Bullet Attractor all of your pellets will hit so you will do full damage with the shotgun if they all enter the field.

But won't it be better for BA is serve purposes outside of killing bosses. From what I've heard...BA does not affect missiles and rockets. So even if I used BA on a napalm, he would still get me. And that's why I thought of ogris to pick the enemies.

I was thinking of using BA as a frost snowglobe so that I can keep a group of enemies from shooting me while I can return fire on them sitting ducks. If only BA could be tweaked to make it more worth it than pull in these circumstances.

The primary purpose of Bullet Attractor is to increase your groups gun damage to one enemy.  Sure you can nit pick certian situations where where it does not work with a small group of weapons but with the majority of weapons it does it's job.  Enemies not shooting you is just a bonus.

Okay, I really didn't find playing Mag to be a hindrance before, but now her best ability (considering it was still very useful at higher levels) pull, is now hardly worth using. Not only does it fling enemies randomly, making it difficult to use to help team use their AOE abilities, but it adds the ragdoll effect...now I have to wait for the enemies to start standing up before I can damage them.  PLEASE CHANGE THIS BACK TO HOW IT WAS IMMEDIATELY, PLEASE DON'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT BIG UPDATE.  I would gladly give up the damage to bring back the precision and control that pull offered before.  I considered Mag to be a support frame, you don't have to buff its damage and take out the control aspect to buff the ability, you end up just making it another damaging "1" ability.  Sure its "OP" for low level enemies cuz it can clear rooms easily and with very little energy but it lost its endgame function. Please remove ragdoll/flinging them all over, even if you have to take all the damage away.  If you wanted to buff Mag's Pull, add some damage ( probably half or even less than what it is now) or maybe some sort of weakened status on those pulled but don't take away its supportive endgame function.  Very poor timing considering Mag Prime was just released and now she's dam near useless.  I don't have much experience with shield polarize and bullet attractor, not quite sure how shield polarize is supposed to be used now. But ya plz fix pull ASAP. PRETTY PLEASE :D

*Okay, after farming orokin cells with mag and speed running with pull and still clearing all the enemies, this is a really fun OP ability,  but I still say that the drop off from OP to useless is pretty steep.  It was OP for Tethys but wouldn't be effective for much higher than that.  All I'm saying is I now see the "buff", but  its not enough to take away the precision and control of pull V2.

Also, why does all the range I put on mag (coil helmet / stretch mod) for her pull ability have to affect bullet attractor?  The bubble becomes huge, larger than the biggest snow globe, can we cap the bullet attractors range? Similar to other abilities that are affected by range mods but have a max distance like Ash's teleport.

Edited by MiLLerLight22

Normally for bosses with shields, I'd jump in next to the boss and use shield polarize once or twice to deplete its shield, then after the shields gone, bullet attractor for bullet rains. 

Dunno if that's the "right" way but it works most of the time.

For pull I'm pretty much just spamming to clear crowds, but I have to start using 2 or 3 times at higher levels so it's not very efficient unless there are plenty of energy orbs lying around. 
Only started playing after they did an overhaul on Pull so I dunno what the old pull is like, but the idea of pulling all the mobs in range right next to you so that you can do a charged attack that hits them all is really nice! 

Crush.. I only use them for fun when I have a lot of spare energy LOL

Edited by SkyLagoon

Also once it pops that damage can be use to help clear around a pod or friendly.

I don't know. To me, the explosion is just an aesthetic quality: a beautiful display of sparks and lights. The damage is highly mitigated even against mid-level enemies, the damage and radius don't seem to be affected by mods, and there's no stagger or knockdown from the blast. 

The explosion is just... there. I understand that Bullet Attractor's main purpose is to be a single target debuff with the potential to block and redirect enemy fire, and that the explosion is more or less an extra source of radial damage. I just have a problem with the explosion being described in-game as a feature of the ability when it hardly does anything of significance.

Normally for bosses with shields, I'd jump in next to the boss and use shield polarize once or twice to deplete its shield, then after the shields gone, bullet attractor for bullet rains. 

Dunno if that's the "right" way but it works most of the time.

For pull I'm pretty much just spamming to clear crowds, but I have to start using 2 or 3 times at higher levels so it's not very efficient unless there are plenty of energy orbs lying around. 

Only started playing after they did an overhaul on Pull so I dunno what the old pull is like, but the idea of pulling all the mobs in range right next to you so that you can do a charged attack that hits them all is really nice! 

Crush.. I only use them for fun when I have a lot of spare energy LOL

Pull is actually the most energy efficient ability in the game right now.  It is pretty much worth it to use at any level.  I have a post on the previous page explaining as to how you can abuse this to make it even more efficient to use.

Also, the previous Pull also worked with other weapons such as the Ogris and Torid as well as other Warframe abilities that are more efficient on groups of enemies such as Slash Dash, Antimater Drop and Fire Blast for example.  Effectively it allowed the group to get more bang for their buck on doing damage to groups of enemies without having to rely on Ults.

Pull is actually the most energy efficient ability in the game right now.  It is pretty much worth it to use at any level.  I have a post on the previous page explaining as to how you can abuse this to make it even more efficient to use.

Also, the previous Pull also worked with other weapons such as the Ogris and Torid as well as other Warframe abilities that are more efficient on groups of enemies such as Slash Dash, Antimater Drop and Fire Blast for example.  Effectively it allowed the group to get more bang for their buck on doing damage to groups of enemies without having to rely on Ults.

The current pull is more energy efficient than what you've posted previously.

This is thanks to ragdoll glitches. Which allows ignis and ogris to 1 SHOT lvl 100+ ancients and heavy grineer. For either pull, mag is gonna have a good time.

I still prefer the previous pull for being less cheapo though.

The current pull is more energy efficient than what you've posted previously.

This is thanks to ragdoll glitches. Which allows ignis and ogris to 1 SHOT lvl 100+ ancients and heavy grineer. For either pull, mag is gonna have a good time.

I still prefer the previous pull for being less cheapo though.

How does that work?  Does it have something to do with how they will get flung around again?  I do not use an Ogris and my friend who does gets hit with "session unavailable" with me.

How does that work?  Does it have something to do with how they will get flung around again?  I do not use an Ogris and my friend who does gets hit with "session unavailable" with me.

It seems it works only with AOE weapons. I heard someone in the wiki say that the ragdoll divides the enemy into many parts, and with ignis (which actually fires lots of AOE bullets), all the parts of the ragdoll get damaged, so damage is multiplied. I can't confirm this though.

Another thing I've realised is that as enemies get up from falling, the damage from my ignis decreases (takes longer to kill) and I get to see a TON of numbers appearing which normally would not appear when I 1 shot the enemy. This multiplier sometimes still remain even when the heavy had gotten up and moved around.

This works for Vauban's vortex and kestrel as well. So it's mostly likely the ragdoll mechanism per se.

Edited by Preanette

Another thing I've realised is that as enemies get up from falling, the damage from my ignis decreases (takes longer to kill) and I get to see a TON of numbers appearing which normally would not appear when I 1 shot the enemy. This multiplier sometimes still remain even when the heavy had gotten up and moved around.

I am a bit confused with how you worded this.  Your seeing less damage per tic but seeing more tics as if the damage was being divided up?  Seems I gotta get around to building my Ignis and leveling my torid and orgis.

I am a bit confused with how you worded this.  Your seeing less damage per tic but seeing more tics as if the damage was being divided up?  Seems I gotta get around to building my Ignis and leveling my torid and orgis.

Nope. When I say I 1 shot it, there are no damage tics at all. When it takes longer than 1 shot to kill, I see lots of damage tics.

There damage tics might still be there for the "1 shot" though, just invisible like how wiki claims you can still shoot and damage ragdolled enemies just that no numbers seem to appear.

Edited by Preanette