Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes, Please Do Not Take The Ammo Boxes Out Of Market.

GeneralCow

Gentlemen, some of you may have noticed that the ammo boxes are going to cease to exist in the market for unknown reasons forever. I say this for the ones who use ammo boxes, many of us who actually buy ammo boxes do use them a lot in defence waves or when leveling up the weapons which no one uses because of the poor efficiency of damage. I personally always liked ammo boxes because of the two reasons above. 

Digital Extremes, you never ever said you would be taking out ammo boxes on any livestreams and you are not giving a hint of reason of why you are taking them out of market in the next days ahead. I sincerily hope you do reply to this topic awsering why the sudden decision of taking out all of the ammo boxes after the time you gave us to stockpile them. Also To be honest I really appreciate the warning but we really need you to awser why are you removing them.

I might think of other arguments and ideas and continue to defend the ammo boxes on the market, for now I can think only of this. 

For anyone who read the whole topic, thank you, and please community members, if you want to criticize me please use the right arguments, I really appreciate a good discursion but dont make a flame wars out of this. Also apologise if I said something wrong or if any part of the topic is confusing, English isn´t my primary language.

Edit: So, Oni's reply is quiet interesting and made me think of some things, here is it:

MASSIVE Speculation Inbound:

Maybe they are removing them to make way for a kind of universal Ammo box?  or new type that would make the old ones Not needed?

Like i said this is MASSIVE Speculating on my part. and in NO WAY is me saying this is what it will be.

I personaly would like them to stay but seeing that they will not be, I know what I will be Spending Credits on the second i get ingame.

Well there are already omni ammo boxes, which works like the same I guess, and we got the ammo mutation mods that do help a lot but not everyone's playstyle can afford to use it, at least its my opinion, but I do agree there is something going on that we dont known yet, but we will all figure this out after U10. Thank you for this reply.

Edit 2: Yep, looks likely we got our awser earlier than I expected. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102882-last-chance-gear-faq/#entry1183688

Edited by GeneralCow

Maybe they are removing them to make way for a kind of universal Ammo box?  or new type that would make the old ones Not needed?

Like i said this is MASSIVE Speculating on my part. and in NO WAY is me saying this is what it will be.

I personaly would like them to stay but seeing that they will not be, I know what I will be Spending Credits on the second i get ingame.

It's called the "Omni Ammo Box", and already exists. And it's also being removed.

I'm glad to see gear being stacked (multiples of the same stuff in the same gear slot), but I'm saddened by the loss of ammo boxes and that they still haven't implemented the ability to buy in bulk. Snipers and bows depend on ammo a lot, as to the Boar, Sobek, Gorgon, Boltor, The Collective Knives, Vipe, Twin Vipes, Furis, and Afuris. (Grak, too, but no one uses that pile of S#&$ anyway). Not everyone has ammo mutation mods, and they might not want to build a weapon for ammo. Sure, gear may have been heavily used, but neither is stealth. I say fix em both.

Whatever they are doing it is probably going to be worse.  This feels like they want to force the use of the last crap mod card that came out in the event and validate the Necro's 3rd power which is to make loot out of dead bodies.

So looks like Necro may be required to level new guns and gear since there is no way to replenish ammo reliably now.

Also WAS IT NOT ASKED 1000s of times, please give me MORE TO SPEND MY CREDIT ON, NOT LESS!  This is a step in the opposite direction.

This pushes you into the PAY for your deaths mode more.  No soloing guys.  They are running people like me out of this game.  I have probably spent over 700 bucks on the game and liked where it was going with convenience items like this back in u7/8, but the events and item changes to force me to play co-op or pay plat for my deaths is bu11sh*t to the max especially when you can't even get a good match unless you are lucky or have to spend an hour forming one up spamming folks and laying down the rules of the run.  You can't pay to play solo, you can't free play solo, you can't do what you like in game, the devs want to tell you how to play every moment in the game and are listening to the d0uch*s that are spamming the nerf threads.  It is hard to keep optimistic for this team anymore, especially when you can tell they are more worried about their ego being bruised in live threads than issues.  Dual stat helms suck, the trade-off on all but 1 is attrocious and directly goes against that frame's primary role, that bugs them more than removing tons of content and options like these items combined with a huge "balance" of frames.  What is going on over there?

Edited by Nickeltoe

I do not care if they remove ammo boxes. I hope the removal is because they are going to try a new ammo system or they are going to balance the game around not having access to them. I also have the ammo mutation mods so I can deal with no ammo boxes by adjusting my mod configuration.

Whatever they are doing it is probably going to be worse.  This feels like they want to force the use of the last crap mod card that came out in the event and validate the Necro's 3rd power which is to make loot out of dead bodies.

So looks like Necro may be required to level new guns and gear since there is no way to replenish ammo reliably now.

Also WAS IT NOT ASKED 1000s of times, please give me MORE TO SPEND MY CREDIT ON, NOT LESS!  This is a step in the opposite direction.

This pushes you into the PAY for your deaths mode more.  No soloing guys.  They are running people like me out of this game.  I have probably spent over 700 bucks on the game and liked where it was going with convenience items like this back in u7/8, but the events and item changes to force me to play co-op or pay plat for my deaths is bu11sh*t to the max especially when you can't even get a good match unless you are lucky or have to spend an hour forming one up spamming folks and laying down the rules of the run.  You can't pay to play solo, you can't free play solo, you can't do what you like in game, the devs want to tell you how to play every moment in the game and are listening to the d0uch*s that are spamming the nerf threads.  It is hard to keep optimistic for this team anymore, especially when you can tell they are more worried about their ego being bruised in live threads than issues.  Dual stat helms suck, the trade-off on all but 1 is attrocious and directly goes against that frame's primary role, that bugs them more than removing tons of content and options like these items combined with a huge "balance" of frames.  What is going on over there?

You have a lot of stuff in there that I have no intention of getting into, but if you can point to one game that allows for spaming of weapons without the fear of running out of ammo, I'll concede that the ammo-box removal is no bueno.  As it is right now, I don't run out of ammo (for most situations) if I'm using that ammo to kill things, as droprates for ammo are fairly good.  I think the main issue was that people were doing missions and just BLOWING ammo on nothing, but it didn't matter because they brought 8 ammo boxes.  I'm not saying I agree or disagree with either reasoning on the matter, but I've litereally never heard of a game where you can so blatantly waste ammunition without it affecting you adversely.

You have a lot of stuff in there that I have no intention of getting into, but if you can point to one game that allows for spaming of weapons without the fear of running out of ammo, I'll concede that the ammo-box removal is no bueno.

Just one game? There's many. The most obvious example would be Serious Sam. Ammo is everywhere in that series. EVERYWHERE.