Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Skin Concept, Zaiden, The god of the storm.

KronikPlague

On 2018-11-11 at 12:28 AM, KronikPlague said:

jqD2oOI.jpg

Was originally going to use this to create a new warframe concept, But I feel it fit's volt well. Although I'm not appose to a new Lightning themed warframe.

I could make this a concept, no problem! 

Passive: Lightning Rod- Electric and Magnetic procs will recharge energy and shields,respectively. Using Abilities will heat up the warframe, protecting against and ending any and all cold procs against the warframe.

Stats at max rank:
Health 385
Shield 385
Armor 225
Energy 225
Sprint Speed: 1.35

Local Strike: Throw an orb of self contained electricity into the air, after which it will strike 3 enemies closest to the spot under it with electricity.
- Will set the struck enemies on electrical fire, which will have a 3x faster tick rate.
- Damage: 575

Jolt Flexion: 10 Large Spherical masses of condensed electrical energy will violently orbit the warframe at a high rate of speed
- When the orbs are orbiting you, projectiles are deflected, both hitscan and travel time, while melee enemies are electrocuted.
- The revolving orbs will decay at a rate of 1 orb per 3 seconds, but the protection stands until all orbs are gone.
- Press and hold to have the orbs position themselves further from the warframe and become smaller, using arcs of electricity to join and connect these small orbs to form a barrier. 
- Barrier is not duration based, but projectiles will take away some of the energy of the barrier every time they hit the barrier and deflect. Barrier can be recharged by using the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th abilities on it. The 1st will recharge it by 18% per strike. The 2nd will recharge it by 20% per orb. (Will sacrifice orbs to do this) If the third is directly above this barrier, it will strike the barrier every 1/3 of its duration. The 4th ability is the only ability that can overcharge the barrier. Lightning bolts will charge the barrier by 6% per bolt. Overcharging the barrier will make it maximum 40% more sturdy and every 30 bolts that hit the barrier after that cap is met will instead cause the barrier to convert that energy into a radial pulse of ionizing radiation that will apply radiation status to those that get too close. 

Thunderstorm:  Creates a Large, Dark Storm cloud above the warframe. Can create up to three of these clouds.
- Press and hold to have the cloud strike the warframe. The electricity will course through the warframe and spill out onto the ground, expanding into an electrical circle to a range of 33m base.
- Enemies caught in this circle, will be shocked and have their weapons electrified, gaining heat incredibly quickly, causing the enemy to drop it after 2 seconds.
- When used, the cloud will disappear. Thunderstorm clouds will last 12 seconds without use. Using a cloud will refresh the non-use duration of any other clouds active.

Godly Ampere: Shed all weapons, disarming yourself for the duration of this ability. Create lightning bolts that cost energy to fire off.
- Every 5 bolts that make contact will knock back enemies upon contact.
- Bolt damage: 1115
- Wherever the bolts land, (not enemies)  they will leave behind a semi-transparent field that will react with any other single element that passes through it, converting it to whatever combination they make with electricity with a 47% status chance, affected by power strength. Enemies that pass through these fields will be electrocuted for 2x longer than usual. These fields will remain until the ability is switched off
- Press and hold while in this mode to focus intensely, restricting movement, but increase lightning bolt throw speed to 16 bolts/sec.
- While focusing, the warframe can rotate, but cannot move off of that spot.
- If 10 bolts land close enough to each other (if they all land within 4m of each other), they will shock the warframe, making the next bolt or 1st ability used, 80% stronger. (Affected by mods)

Let me know what you think of this kit! 🙂
@AndouRaiton, @KronikPlague

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205

Review time;

passive; seems very situational, but i guess you can get past it with self damage castanas (unless DE made it so self damage no loner effects abilities)

1st; You really love increasing tick rate but unfortunately you can't increase tick rate; BUT you can apply multiple instances of tick sources; i.e. place 3 fire procs (naturally separated by 0.3s so it appears to have 3x tick rate).

2nd;

19 hours ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

The revolving orbs will decay at a rate of 1 orb per 3 seconds, but the protection stands until all orbs are gone.

essentially Nova's null start but without the enemy seeking and a bit of Volt's shield/barrier. Also ^, if nothing decays when an orb disappears then what's the point of making them disappear individually.

3rd; always wanted a warframe to use thunder clouds. However, is that 33m range the radius or diameter cause if it's radius that's a bit big for an electrified zone from a lightning strike so you may want to reduce it.

4th; essentially exalted throwing secondary in the shape of a lightning bolt that can't be modded separately and limits movement to increase throwing speed. How about you increase damage as well when focusing, as just increasing throwing speed, whilst preventing movement, wouldn't really do anything but drain energy really quickly and annoy the hell out of the player. I.e. the trade off for focusing and losing movement must be high, think Mesa's peacemakers; she has insane damage out-put and auto aiming but can't move (unless you have the augment which takes up a mod slot which could end up reducing damage or another important stat). May also just want to make it that if you hit an enemy directly they get knocked back instead of '5 in the area'. Also, how much energy does it cost to fire a lightning bolt; 5 ~ 10?

1 hour ago, AndouRaiton said:

May also just want to make it that if you hit an enemy directly they get knocked back instead of '5 in the area'. Also, how much energy does it cost to fire a lightning bolt; 5 ~ 10?

That's what i had at first, then realized that it might be too inconvenient. You can't really do much if your enemies are flying all over the place and you have no alternative means of dispatching them.

You really love increasing tick rate but unfortunately you can't increase tick rate; BUT you can apply multiple instances of tick sources; i.e. place 3 fire procs (naturally separated by 0.3s so it appears to have 3x tick rate)

Sure why not? It really is all about the looks. The inner workings are inconsequential, as long as the outer result is achieved

essentially Nova's null start but without the enemy seeking and a bit of Volt's shield/barrier. Also ^, if nothing decays when an orb disappears then what's the point of making them disappear individually.

Again, its all about the looks. The aesthetic will help separate this warframe from others. Maybe for every orb gone, it will have brief periods where it doesn't deflect or something.  But this is "to taste".

However, is that 33m range the radius or diameter cause if it's radius that's a bit big for an electrified zone from a lightning strike so you may want to reduce it.

It is the radius... but hear me out (even though these are words on a screen) Storm clouds, also called cumulonimbus clouds, are only really active when they have room to fill with alternating electric charges that create enough of a voltage to propagate a hyper focused electrical arc (lightning bolt) to the ground. To even work in the first place, the cloud itself needs to be big enough. The actual are of effect could be reduced, but the size of the cloud shouldn't really be reduced.

How about you increase damage as well when focusing, as just increasing throwing speed,

INCREASE IT? REALLY? I CAN? I thought i was being overpowered as it is. Then i remembered that the whole reason warframe is so fun is because you get to move so much. And i'm making it so that the movement is stifled. I will adjust the ability accordingly. Thanks a bunch!

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205

2 hours ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

The actual are of effect could be reduced, but the size of the cloud shouldn't really be reduced.

I was only talking area of effect you can keep the cloud as being huge.

I thought i was being overpowered as it is

It would really only do as much as mesa's peace makers, as it's only 1115 ELECTRIC damage which doesn't do much except against the corpus. Plus, at the cost of movement so it's pretty balanced. Maybe when focused it becomes 1250 damage; nothing huge, or alternatively; focusing cause the damage type to change to radiation and fire (i.e. lightning makes the air charge and becomes plasma). Maybe even double the energy cost whilst focusing if it's too OP.

it might be too inconvenient

You're throwing a high damaging ranged bolt of lightning; if it doesn't die on hit it gets blown away.

3 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

I was only talking area of effect you can keep the cloud as being huge.

It would really only do as much as mesa's peace makers, as it's only 1115 ELECTRIC damage which doesn't do much except against the corpus. Plus, at the cost of movement so it's pretty balanced. Maybe when focused it becomes 1250 damage; nothing huge, or alternatively; focusing cause the damage type to change to radiation and fire (i.e. lightning makes the air charge and becomes plasma). Maybe even double the energy cost whilst focusing if it's too OP.

You're throwing a high damaging ranged bolt of lightning; if it doesn't die on hit it gets blown away.

You're right... Given that plasma is known to burn completely through things it touches (see lightsabers for details) i could probably stretch this to be corrosive as well! So it would be radiation and corrosive. Bit of a stretch, but it works!