Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Gameplay Comments

TheGambler_BR

THIS WAS POSTED ON THE OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD. CHECK IT HERE: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102831-ember-98-feedback-thread/#entry1183716

Actual Gameplay (versus infested) opinion:

First power: Fireball

DoT is applied properly, damage per tick is the same as impact damage. Max rank ticks for 266 against level 28 chargers. 400 against runners and leapers (regardless of level) - but only 65 against level 26 ancients. That is LOW, painfully low, considering infested have a 2x fire damage multiplier. Need I remind you Ash's shuriken deals 500 serrated blade damage x2? That is 1500 damage to infested PER SHURIKEN, a potential 3'000 damage against the very same enemy type Ember's supposed to be specialized in taking out. And without any DoT shenanigans. Need I remind you guys DoT is supposed to deal more damage than burst in the long run?

It also doesn't "paint" the floor/walls anymore. Enemies walk through Fireball's fire like it was nothing.

It does have AoE, though, and sometimes it ignores armor altogether.

Curiosities: It rewards skill greatly. Hitting a fireball at a vulnerable spot deals double tick damage.

Suggestions: Make it tick faster, and/or for more damage. Make the projectile track the target upon cast (DoT on floor is what Fireblast does). Perhaps an armor reduction effect, "Melting" away the target's armor?

Second Power: Overheat

Damage: seems to deal 350 damage (rank 2) against any infested (ancients included), which makes me think it ignores armor. If so, would be a good addition. Needs testing against grineer and corpus.

Damage reduction must still be calculated - to come later on.

Lasts 15 seconds at rank 2, without continuity mods.

Third Power: Fire Blast

No utility AT ALL, as it was before. Lays a "wall" of fire that can be walked - and shot - through normally. Deals 200 fire damage, susceptible to armor reductions, and only when they're on the ring of fire. Being inside is just like being outside - no damage.

Applies no DoT at all.

So, all in all, low damage, coupled with stationary and no utility. Useless power

Suggestions: STUN enemies caught by the fire ring. Add DoT while INSIDE the ring. Increase the damage, as it behaves like Burst damage instead of DoT.

Fourth Power: World on Fire

Unchanged overall. Bug that prevented targeting of more than one target has been fixed, apparently.

Damage is still pathetically low, requires almost its entire duration to kill a single ancient at level 30. Tries to apply fire-based stun animations, but they last much less than a second.

Suggestions: Draw inspiration from this, please. Greatly increase damage, make it ignore armor, add stun.

Overall comments: There is NO synergies between her powers.

Her new fireball does respectable damage against low-level infested, but suffers greatly from armor reduction as does the rest of her powers, bar Overheat.

Her old Overheat allowed Ember to fully utilize her arsenal, as it expected her to be in the fray. It allowed hit-and-run tactics that are currently no longer viable.

Her Fire Blast has been fixed, but still doesn't offer much to the table. REQUIRES a stun-type power for it to deal any sort of damage, because of its position-based, weak damage.

Her World on Fire has seen no changes, which is a shame. Damage suffers from armor, as does all of her other powers. Targeting seems to be fixed, though, so she can now damage three(!) enemies at the same time.

Perhaps, with the oncoming damage and armor changes, she might see some usefulness again. But as it stands now, she is WEAK. She's a pure-damage frame with no utilities, and, sadly, NO DAMAGE EITHER.

I made a couple of posts on the subject of fireball and fire blast that might interest you, actually: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102696-fireball-idea/

and

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102702-say-bye-to-fire-blast-say-hi-to-firestorm/

Firestorm seems to be more or less what you're thinking of in terms of a fire blast alternative.

I really don't know where they come up with some of the changes they do, they must have a QA team with game testers to do an initial assessment of a skill changes impact. Surely these testers then give feedback, which gives them a "ball park" response as to how well the changes will be received,

Which leads me on to how bad some of the changes were, the forums are flooded with ideas and feedback, some of it very good (some, not so much) yet they still manage to let them slip into the game ?

I know the game is in Beta but at this stage of the process, things are usually on the verge of being finished.