Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna shockspear fishing red area and points

DeathshotSE

Question

I know Fortuna has only been out for a couple days on PC, but does anyone know the details about how points are awarded, whether hitting the center of the red area does anything extra, and whether the fish quality is just based on the randomly spawned fish?

I hit dead center of the red area several times and sometimes I get 0 points with Basic quality and sometimes I get 12 points with a Magnificent quality. It seems the points does indicate what quality it will be, but do we have control over it?

TL;DR: Do we have control over fish quality with the timing mini-game or is it based on the random fish spawns like Cetus? 

4 answers to this question

It's fully random as far as I am aware. Unlike fishes from Plains of Eidolon which have visibly different sizes, I haven't seen any real size difference among these mechanical ones. When fishing, it doesn't matter if you will hit red center or anywhere there, numbers are always same, random. So either they are spawned with random values or it's affected by something else. Since weight of normal fishes was determited by size, maybe points of mechanical ones are determited by quality of components they are made from?

Just trying to theorize, DE probably just did what I already said, made them spawn with different values. I wouldn't be surprised if it was like that.

Edited by CoreXCZ