Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas on how to make Garuda better

Mustang-Taisho

I haven't got my hand on Garuda yet . But I've been playing Warframe for a long time , around the time it went in open beta , and I think I have a good idea of what a good warframe is and what a bad warframe is . Garuda fits right in the middle of that . She has one of the best design in the game , and her mechanics are interesting but lack something to make them usable.

I think that Garuda's mechanic of going back and forth between low health and full health to gain bonuses is interesting , but she can't make us of that mechanic if she want to stay safe , and that's mainly what you want if you play high level warframe.

First of all : Her passive : at the moment , Garuda's passive give her more power strenght when her health goes down . It sounds great , but as soon as your health goes up , the boost disapear . Which is why I'm proposing this : Limit her passive at 50% power strenght , but when her health goes back up , make it so the buff last a bit . Like about 10 seconds or so .This will make her passive usefull and let Garuda in a safer position instead of having her on low life at all time (if you want to make use of her passive).

-Dread Mirror : Garuda's first ability is to jump at an enemy , inflicting no damage and a knockdown to them or insta-killing them if they are below 35% hp . Then she can generate a shield in front of her that last for a while and block incoming projectiles . I know there is more to it ,but this is the part of the ability that I think need some change .
 I think that Garuda should either get a shield around her , as a shield in front of her will only block damage comming from the front but the ability puts you in the middle of the ennemy ranks .
Or get a shield like Frost's Icy avalanche , giving her extra hit points to protect herself with . Making her safer .
A terrify aoe effect around the target you jumped on could also do the trick . The goal here is to make Garuda safer to use because right now , her abilities make her take risks for a flimsy reward.

-Bloodletting has somme problems to : it costs a lot of health ,and that wont do at high level . But if her passive lingers for a bit ,it makes the ability that much stronger and that much worth it .and having Dread mirror "coat" Garuda to reduce damage coming from all sides will make it a lot safer to use .

The last two abilities are fine in my oponion ,even though her ultimate might be too strong with how bleeding is right now . I really think that giving Garuda some safety net and a comfort zone will let her bloom in an amazing Warframe .

Please share your thoughts with me on the subject . This is my first ever post in the Forums even though I've been playing the game for a while .

Please actually try the frame before next time (edit: i didnt mean this to be offensive or anything, i just think people should try out the things they talk about, it helps to understand the frame, since playing it and watching is completelly different)

Her passive give damage, not power strenght, but it does affect abilities aswell

Her shield dont just block damage, it absorbs it, adding it to the little blood-ball's damage, which, on high level, can be pretty deadly, it goes very well with her 4, making her just a walking tank who can 1 shot level 150 heavy gunners without even trying, also her shield might be only in front of her but its quite a big, mobile, and it doesnt consume any additional energy, you just need to get used to how to position yourself with it to be effective, also having a team who back you up is pretty helpful

Bloodlettings main point is that you sacrifice health for energy, though, i really dont like it, because youd think that with this you dont need efficiency but if you go in negative efficiency you get far less energy back, which makes this ability not that great

as for her passive, its still better than some what we alredy have, it goes very well with quick thinking in my opinion, she has a lot of energy to spend, you just need to decide if you want to be tanky, or a walking glass cannon with enough power to obliterate the whole solar system

im just glad we got a frame which can be a monster in the right hand and not just a press 4 and go afk kind of frame

Edited by vid23

13 minutes ago, vid23 said:

Please actually try the frame before next time (edit: i didnt mean this to be offensive or anything, i just think people should try out the things they talk about, it helps to understand the frame, since playing it and watching is completelly different)

Her passive give damage, not power strenght, but it does affect abilities aswell

Her shield dont just block damage, it absorbs it, adding it to the little blood-ball's damage, which, on high level, can be pretty deadly, it goes very well with her 4, making her just a walking tank who can 1 shot level 150 heavy gunners without even trying, also her shield might be only in front of her but its quite a big, mobile, and it doesnt consume any additional energy, you just need to get used to how to position yourself with it to be effective, also having a team who back you up is pretty helpful

Bloodlettings main point is that you sacrifice health for energy, though, i really dont like it, because youd think that with this you dont need efficiency but if you go in negative efficiency you get far less energy back, which makes this ability not that great

as for her passive, its still better than some what we alredy have, it goes very well with quick thinking in my opinion, she has a lot of energy to spend, you just need to decide if you want to be tanky, or a walking glass cannon with enough power to obliterate the whole solar system

im just glad we got a frame which can be a monster in the right hand and not just a press 4 and go afk kind of frame

How does her passive help abilities when only her 4 deals damage to enemies? I mean Her blood orbs scales effectively enough to not need it either, so what’s the point?

il y a 16 minutes, vid23 a dit :

I agree that it is pleasing to have a Warframe that makes you use your brain for once . But if Garuda's passive gives her a damage boost while her abilities makes her vulnerable . Then you just got the best sniper frame in the game , and that doesn't take much brain. Since all you have to do is use your 3 from a safe distance and use the damage boost to snipe from afar. And that's really not the theme of the frame . I made some mistakes on my post. Mainly that I thought her passive gave her power strength instead of Damage but that really doesn't help her since it's really not worth the risk to use her abilities in high level missions. It makes her rely way too much on her weapon and that's not good for her identity and her theme , the fact that her 4rth ability is the only one that deal damage is already a shame. I play a lot of Valkyr ,and I know how moderately tanky frame fair in high level situation . You keep your distance and when you're low ,you pop your ult for a swift heal and get yourself back into position . Garuda doesn't have the luxury of a damage immunity. But she's still expected to jump in. And even though her shield does cover a good range , from what I've seen so far ,it doesn't work very well and it still leaves a lot of openings , which is not good when in the middle of a group of high level enemies and making it virtually useless against invested. I agree that I should use the Warframe to get a good sense of hier , but I don't have the craft requirements right know , and seeing her be so flawed when she takes so long to get is not making me feel like she's even worth the effort .

3 hours ago, Mustang-Taisho said:

inflicting no damage

Ah but see it does. I cant record it atm but go watch AGGP, his 1 hit the mook at created an orb with 90k damage stacked onto it. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

How does her passive help abilities when only her 4 deals damage to enemies?

Her 1 does too granted itll multiple the damage of her 4-1 combo even uncharged it deals extraordinarily high damage to armored targets.

Il y a 8 heures, (PS4)psycofang a dit :

Ah but see it does. I cant record it atm but go watch AGGP, his 1 hit the mook at created an orb with 90k damage stacked onto it. 

Sure ,she may deal damage with her 1 . But it takes too long to stack to get a good amount of damage , and with the right weapons and the right build , high level ennemies are rarely a problem for frames that can take a hit . And Garuda cutting her life and jumping at ennemy range isn't what I would call " a frame that can take a hit" .
The issue I have with the Frame is how unsafe she is if you want to use all her abilities together , and some of her abilities contradict themselves : Her passive is nullified by her heal , and that wouldn't be a problem if her passive had a duration . If the shield went around her or acted as Frost's icy avalange or inflicted a fear , really anything that would prevent you from taking a whole lot of damage the moment you jump on something : it would really make the use of her 1st and 3rd ability a lot safer and thus a lot usable . It would put a natural flow to her abilities .

You use your 1 to get the shield , you cut your health to get the damage boost ,you create a pillar to get your health back and you can shred the mobs to pieces at the same time. And you still have your ult to use if you are at a higher level , the shield from the 1 would prevent Garuda from dying while she casts her ult . I'm about 90% sure that this is what the warframe is intended to do .

10 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Her 1 does too granted itll multiple the damage of her 4-1 combo even uncharged it deals extraordinarily high damage to armored targets.

You didn’t read the rest of my comment.