Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Focus Help A.S.A.P.

Acculiterary

Question

I'm getting Chroma Prime soon, and rather than max building him, i'm considering making a balance build. The one thing that confuses me is how Operator Focus Buffs work and get shared. Some people say having some Focus Nodes from other Focus Schools won't mix, and some will be activated and some deactivated since some Nodes are in the place of the other Focus School's Node and cancels out its function. I want to activate all Focus Schools eventually (Currently Zenurik for that sweet, sweet Energy Regen) but I also want to use all the possible Focus Nodes available within them, which obviously not all of them. Since i'm balancing Self/Squad benefits with 

Adaptation

Blind Rage

Energy Conversion

Everlasting Ward

Intensify

Power Drift

Primed Continuity

Steel Charge

Umbral Fiber

Umbral Vitality

For Chroma Prime as well as Arcanes Guardian and Energize to act as backups in case an ability isn't used or isn't available, what Focus Nodes from all Focus Schools can I use to "Balance" as I am attempting within this Setup?

(Apologies for the poor format and the lack of words, I have to skiddadle to finish up some things in rl) Thx in advance!

8 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Acculiterary said:

Some people say having some Focus Nodes from other Focus Schools won't mix, and some will be activated and some deactivated since some Nodes are in the place of the other Focus School's Node and cancels out its function.

What?

There are passives and way-bound passives.

2 way-bound ones per school which can be unbound to use in other schools. Nothing more or less.

E.g Zenurik:

Energizing Dash is a passive. So you will never be able to use it in any other school.

On the other hand you can unbind Mind Sprint of Naramon which increases the Speed of Void Dash so you can jump further. This skill can then be equipped in Zenurik to use either Energzing Dash and jump furter. But you won't be able to get the sweet 45% extra Melee Affinity

To unbind a way-bound passive you need to max it and "pay" 1 million Focus of your desired school and an Eidolon Shard.

In our example: To use Mind Sprint you need to max it and pay 1 million Focus of Naramon. But you can equip it "for free" in every other school

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

17 minutes ago, Acculiterary said:

So, I can only use 2 Focus Nodes Per School.. none over that?

It adds these nodes, way-bounds, to the other focus trees. All these way-bounds improve the Operator's basic capabilities, such as health, movement speed, energy pool and so on.

19 hours ago, Zavenosk said:

It adds these nodes, way-bounds, to the other focus trees. All these way-bounds improve the Operator's basic capabilities, such as health, movement speed, energy pool and so on.

So Basically I can use All the Way-Bound Passives, but will I be able to use all the Focus Nodes that Improve the Operator like.. Basilisk Scales? I just want to find a line of best fit for how many I can use at once and out of those all the balance they all provide being used at once.

Edited by Acculiterary

Hi, based on your questions, you don't really understand the focus system or how long it will take you to actually unlock most of your focus tree.  It's a major operation involving months of grinding...I didn't understand it much either, I really recommend Sapmatic's videos on youtube.  I learned about the focus system and eidolon hunting from him.

Basically, you can only have one active focus school at a time....the main ones are Zenurik so you can use energizing dash, Naramon so you can use the passive that boosts affinity on melee kills and the one that keeps your combo counter up longer out of combat, Madurai for use of void strike in eidolon hunting and Unairu for use of Unairu wisp in Eidolon hunting....I recommend maxing Void Strike as quick as possible if you are planning on doing a lot of eidolon hunting...

Each school contains two passives that are unlockable across all schools, meaning once you unlock it, you can use it when another school is active, these show on the left of your focus screen for that school and they still cost capacity.  Each passive requires a million focus to unlock (plus a brilliant eidolon shard, but if you have a million focus, you probably have a ton of these).

Eidolon hunting is the best source of focus since the shards don't count against your daily cap.  ESO is the best focus farm for your cap, but a sneaky way to focus farm (and level) some days is if there's a defense up for the daily sortie, just jump in and do it after you've completed, still a good focus farm and you can fully level items in the 10 waves.... 

19 hours ago, (PS4)ChemicalConundrm said:

Basically, you can only have one active focus school at a time.

What you are implying is that I can unbind every Way bound from every School to a specific School, which currently mine is Zenurik, and they are the only ones I can use all at once..while using all the other Nodes on the Focus School I attached the un binded Way bounds to? But if I unbind all the Way bounds and add them to a different school rather than Zenurik, would I still be able to use Energizing Dash as well as other Nodes in the different Focus School?

Edited by Acculiterary

Waybound passives are not chosen. There are two specific nodes in each tree that are marked as Waybound, and these are the only ones that can be Unbound. All other nodes can only be active while their School is active. Because Energizing Dash is not a Waybound passive, you can only use it while Zenurik is your active Focus School.

13 hours ago, Acculiterary said:

But if I unbind all the Way bounds and add them to a different school rather than Zenurik, would I still be able to use Energizing Dash as well as other Nodes in the different Focus School?

On 2018-11-15 at 11:32 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:

There are passives and way-bound passives.

2 way-bound ones per school which can be unbound to use in other schools. Nothing more or less.

E.g Zenurik:

Energizing Dash is a passive. So you will never be able to use it in any other school.

Is this so difficult to understand? 😮