Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda reviewish

GrimAtrament

On 2018-11-17 at 10:47 AM, hazerddex said:

rage mod is not good on every warframe, but shes one of those warframes with high armor so she can take advanatage of it.

The key difference is that Bloodletting is active and controlled, giving you a set (large) amount of Energy when you want it; while HA is passive and grants small amounts of Energy at times you can't control. Combine this with Garuda's Death Gate passive and you're much more effective when you can control the times where your Health is low and you have the extra Energy. While the mechanics of Bloodletting are similar to Hunter Adrenaline, I'm finding that as Garuda I'm performing my best when I take as little damage as possible, turning my Health into Energy myself when I'm prepping my damage or when I'm set up with 2 and 1 to take advantage of the passive.

The sentiment's been tossed around by several players, "why have Garuda's 3 when Hunter Adrenaline exists?", but I think a better way of seeing it is "why use Hunter Adrenaline on Garuda when her 3 exists?".

Good points on this thread. While using her 3 i have almost always had a 2 nearby to heal the damage. Reading on previous posts Garuda apparently has passive which benefits from lower hp levels.

While using Garuda her skills feel awkward sometimes.

Her 1 has been a pain to use in high level missions. The skill needs a clear path towards the target and sometimes i have had situations unable to activate the skill. The mirror idea is ok until you are being flamethrower-ed and bombarded to death by high level mobs, even some sniper turrets bypass the mirror in Fortuna.

Her skills are very energy hungry. Using her 3 can be deadly even without the hp loss from the skill as you are vulnerable from incoming damage during the animation and for some reason a fall animation as extra delay.

I would like more environment interaction to frame skills. Garuda could get benefits from mutilating her enemies in melee, add the blood to the counter from melee finishers or something. Another idea is letting Blood Altar add blood to the 1 counter. 

Her mirror visual is way too big and constantly looking up if the blood counter is enough to kill anything is awkward.

Her passive seem to not be well thought out when you remember her having very high armor. Having 2ish hp you get no longer benefits from armor.

I want this frame to be excellent because of her 3, just tired of using pizzas all the time on some frames while soloing. :)

Ps. Why does she have to use her own health pool for blood for skill 3 when 1 or 2 skills are active. Both 1 and 2 are essentially blood bank abilities. Mechanically 1 and 2 are the same skills, the devs could even free up one ability button when combining the two skills. 1 skill would be blood altar and have Mirror and its hold button press as the 2 skill button. 

Edited by Bearssi

While playing some more Garuda more problems are present when facing cc immune mobs. Every skill she has on her arsenal is unusable against a mob with cc immunities, her whole toolkit becomes obsolete in high level Orb Vallis or i would assume content similar to Eidolon encounters.