Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How not to use Umbra

Orblit

Understand that its not all that abuse it, however too many do.

Recent case is this guy

yKziwHO.jpg
He stood there without moving for the entire first round..
sQXv9lx.jpg
He finally moved halfway into the next round..to the exact opposite side, same position.

I refuse to help someone get rewarded for doing absolutely nothing at all, IN A GAME...use your free time somewhere else if you can't even bother playing a game.
UOGsRqA.jpg
I finally gave up on carrying an afk guy who decided since he was using Umbra, it was okay.

you do realize that while in umbra, the kills that AI does don't count to the player stats, right? Umbra is the best DPS in index just camping the enemy base and anyone that comes in trying to bank gets KO'd by umbra boy. it's a legit strat.

If I could tell the umbra AI to stay put like most other specters I could do this thing solo with umbra and just bank the points with operator. But since you can't do that I just use mesa or rhino to solo it (playing with other people is a pain so I fly solo)

Edited by EDM774

3 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

you do realize that while in umbra, the kills that AI does don't count to the player stats, right? Umbra is the best DPS in index just camping the enemy base and anyone that comes int trying to bank gets KO'd by umbra boy. it's a legit strat.

If I could tell the umbra AI to stay put like most other specters I could do this thing solo with umbra and just bank the points with operator. But since you can't do that I just use mesa or rhino to solo it (playing with other people is a pain so I fly solo)

Wait. does the kills even matter in index?

5 minutes ago, Williamwaitunnaing said:

Wait. does the kills even matter in index?

well the guy posted a screenshot of the final mission results thinking that 0% damage dealt means the guy was just AFK, which is not the case when umbra is used cuz his kills don't count to the player stats.

A whole different subject is the fact that maybe no enemy made it to the base for umbra to kill.

Personally I can carry 3 ppl in index no problem for about 2 or so rounds on high risk no problem but apparently when ppl play pub they expect others to be decent human beings (one of the reasons I play solo) this way of thinking that everything is sunshine and daisies is hella wrong.

Edited by EDM774

The entire point is not that his umbra frame killed whatever got close til the enemy levels required brain input to deal with.

It's the fact that I watched him sit there and not move even once until 8 minutes had passed.

Which then he started walking toward the other side. Assumed position, then went right back into doing nothing.

I included the result screen to show not the lack of dmg dealt. But the lack of everything else.  Noticing now that for whatever reason the original post cut out the part where I said the rest of the stats were practically 0.