Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's think about moving some of the Orb Vallis QoL changes to Plains

SpaceDeerEdith

As someone who found the Plains of Eidolon fairly dull, I was quite happy to discover that Orb Vallis is a much-needed step in a positive direction for the open world maps. However, this just makes the Plains feel even more clunky by comparison. Let's go over some ways that we can take what we've learned from Venus and improve life on Earth. Starting off, in no particular order:

• Please add a bounty giver outside the Cetus gate so we can accept new bounties without having to load back into Cetus. This is an incredibly welcome change on Venus and it makes grinding for standing a lot less painful.
  • Similar to the above, I'd also like to see the bonus objectives from the Venus bounties duplicated on Earth. It's nice to be rewarded for acing an objective like that.
  • For Orb Vallis's "Find the caches" objectives, the first cache you find has a manifest inside it which will narrow down the locations of the other two caches. I've lost count of the number of those objectives I've failed on the Plains, so I would really like having that extra bit of direction there.
  • Having just one fishing spear and one mining laser is a lot more convenient than having three of each. I realize that the Venus cutter can be used on Earth but that just serves to make the Earth ones extra redundant.
  • Being able to summon the K-Drive at will is great! Can we now get rid of the consumable charges to summon the Archwing? Or at least get another recipe to make them using Orb Vallis resources? Apparently this is already a thing. Hooray!

And, unexpectedly, there's one quality-of-life change that I'd like to see move in the other direction:

• Please add a recipe for fishing dye that uses Orb Vallis materials so we don't have to leave and go dig up a bunch or Iradite just to make more. I find that dye is even more helpful on Venus than it was on Earth because the water on Venus seems less transparent (or more reflective) and the "fish" are lighter in color, making them even harder to spot.

How about anyone else? Are there any other minor changes or nice-to-haves that you'd like to see replicated back on Earth?

Edited by SpaceDeerEdith
I was mistaken about the archwing stuff

7 minutes ago, SpaceDeerEdith said:

Being able to summon the K-Drive at will is great! Can we now get rid of the consumable charges to summon the Archwing?

Uhhhh... Archwing launcher has been infinite uses for a while now.

Also I'm pretty sure it's a bug that the Venus cutter is able to get the highest tier gems from the plains.

Edited by BansheePrime

16 minutes ago, SpaceDeerEdith said:

Please add a bounty giver outside the Cetus gate so we can accept new bounties without having to load back into Cetus. This is an incredibly welcome change on Venus and it makes grinding for standing a lot less painful.

They stated that they were going to add a bounty giver outside the Plains of Eidolon but I’m not sure if they are still planning to do that or not.

Cetus should get a vendor like Ticker where players can spend credits and resources for rep.

They should also change the way bait work to match Vallis (even rare fishes can spawn with just normal bait but special bait guarantees them to spawn)

Just now, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Hope they do,Konzu has had enough early lunches, it's time for someone else to take his place

True true, he’s too full now, someone else has to eat. :clem:

No but in all seriousness though, there really should be one outside the Plains, it would be quite a nice QoL addition.