Reload Rate: 2.4

Accuracy: 28.6

Braton

Damage: 20

Fire Rate: 11.25

Magazine: 45

Reload Rate: 2.37

Alright, I think we can already see the problem here, but let's spell it out: the Braton deals 225 DPS, the Latron Prime 187.65.  The Braton deals 900 damage per magazine, the Latron Prime only 675.  The Braton still reloads faster, anyway.  The Latron Prime crits 4 times as often, but the crit damage on both is only 150%, so doesn't make up for the Prime's horrid numbers everywhere else.

But, you might say, the Latron is meant as a sort of marksman weapon!  Then why is the accuracy the same on the Braton, eh?

The only thing the LP has on the Braton is ammo economy and two mod polarity slots (which are, I admit, nice).

But let's compare the costs:

The Braton costs 25,000 credits.

The LP costs an average of 17 Void Raid/Exterminate 1 missions, 8 Void Exterminate 3, 10 orokin cells, and 15,000 credits.

Why, then, is the Braton better at almost EVERYTHING?  The only ways that the LP beats it are, again, ammo economy and polarity slots.  Why does the first gun everyone buys trounce a gun that requires more than 6 hours of void runs, and all the defense missions to farm the keys?

When can we expect our Latron family buffs?

Edit: Since it's been brought up, here are the DPS of the weapons with crit:

LP

Crit Chance: .1

Crit Damage: 150%

Average damage: (1 + (.1 * .5)) * 45 = 47.25

Adjusted DPS: 197

Braton

Crit Chance: .025

Crit Damage: 150%

Average damage: (1 + (.025 * .5)) * 20 = 20.25

Adjusted DPS: 227.8

Edited by Eyepop

I've heard of this issue before but it's nice to see the numbers and a solid comparison... Truly is a shame.

I never really understood their logic with Accuracy, either. It mostly just feels like yet-another-dps-related-stat that gets thrown around willy-nilly regardless of weapon roles and categories (Though it isn't).

Let's look at some stats here:

Latron Prime

Damage: 45

Fire Rate: 4.17

Magazine: 15

Braton

Alright, I think we can already see the problem here, but let's spell it out: the Braton deals 225 DPS, the Latron Prime 187.65.  The Braton deals 900 damage per magazine, the Latron Prime only 675.  The Braton still reloads faster, anyway.  The Latron Prime crits 4 times as often, but the crit damage on both is only 150%, so doesn't make up for the Prime's horrid numbers everywhere else.

But, you might say, the Latron is meant as a sort of marksman weapon!  Then why is the accuracy the same on the Braton, eh?

The only thing the LP has on the Braton is ammo economy and two mod polarity slots (which are, I admit, nice).

The LP costs an average of 17 Void Raid/Exterminate 1 missions, 8 Void Exterminate 3, 10 orokin cells, and 15,000 credits.

Why, then, is the Braton better at almost EVERYTHING?  The only ways that the LP beats it are, again, ammo economy and polarity slots.  Why does the first gun everyone buys trounce a gun that requires more than 6 hours of void runs, and all the defense missions to farm the keys?

The Braton's versatile, while the Latron Prime was designed to be a marksman weapon.

The Latron Prime has four times more critical compared to the Braton and much higher damage per hit. The slight reload advantage that the Braton has is practically negligible, and the accuracy (and zoom) of the Latron Prime in-game is far superior to the Braton. I doubt anyone's going to deny the ammo economy or the decent starting polarities of the Latron Prime either. Due to the higher base damage per bullet, the Latron Prime also benefits more from the same damage mods. Thanks to armor scaling, the Latron Prime is more effective and efficient than the Braton at the higher levels. Still, the Braton has excellent fire rate.

That being said, we'll have to see about the damage/armor system before we can say anything about buffs or even nerfs.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Due to the higher base damage per bullet, the Latron Prime also benefits more from the same damage mods. Thanks to armor scaling, the Latron Prime is more effective and efficient than the Braton at the higher levels. Still, the Braton has excellent fire rate.

I see this a lot, and to me it seems like a complete misconception: if I have AP mods up to, say 100%, then I get 100% of my damage per bullet as AP damage, yes?  But that translates directly into 100% of my DPS as AP damage, too.  I already pointed out how the Braton has higher DPS, so actually it works better with mods than the LP, even at higher levels.  Sure, the Latron is more efficient, but it's not more effective.

Braton prime does 30 damage, which only makes it more unbalanced

The Braton Prime has a base damage of 25 with a significant accuracy boost and a small clip boost for a small reduction of the fire rate.

I see this a lot, and to me it seems like a complete misconception: if I have AP mods up to, say 100%, then I get 100% of my damage per bullet as AP damage, yes?  But that translates directly into 100% of my DPS as AP damage, too.  I already pointed out how the Braton has higher DPS, so actually it works better with mods than the LP, even at higher levels.  Sure, the Latron is more efficient, but it's not more effective.

No. The AP damage derives from the "base" damage ("base" damage can be affected by Serration, Bane of X, etc.) and adds on to the "base" damage. Since the "base" damage of the Braton and Latron Prime is the Bullet damage type, armor scaling effectively reduces the effective damage to AP-only damage.

The Braton has higher DPS, but the Latron Prime has higher DPH. When you get to the higher levels, you're going to start finding yourself firing entire clips at the heavies with the Braton. While the Latron Prime also suffers this problem, it's going to take much longer before doing so. I maintain the Latron Prime is more efficient than the Braton and only more effective than the Braton at the higher levels (due to armor scaling).

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Braton prime does 30 damage, which only makes it more unbalanced

Naw, the BP has 25 base damage and a lower fire rate than the Braton.  It does, however, deal 250 DPS, which does make the Latron Prime look even sadder.

Edit: And anyway, comparing the BP to the LP doesn't show as stark a contrast, since they require about the same amount of farming.  Part of the huge insult of the Latron Prime is that the first gun that someone buys is better than it in almost every way.

Edited by Eyepop

Let's look at some stats here:

Latron Prime

Damage: 45

Fire Rate: 4.17

Magazine: 15

Braton

First off, lots of things are being left out. For example, Accuracy means almost nothing. The Grakata, the bullets sprayer, has the same accuracy stat as the Latron. All that means is how much the bullets will deviate from the dot in the center of your screen. It doesn't mean anything about recoil.

You can tapfire your braton all you want, but the recoil is going to mess with your shots. LP, nope.

I'm kind of disappointed at all of the prime variants. They're supposed to be the super-advanced Orokin tech, and the devs even advertised that Warframe Primes would do something special in the Void. Turns out it's extra energy [standing ovation for that super advanced technology], which is kind of useless, since it's kind of hard to run out of energy.

why compare damage output per magazine? there's a big difference in clip size.. and LP is made for one or two shot kills. bratons for full auto or bursts.. there's a reason the LP is high damage (but not too high) with rifle ammo, otherwise it'd be another sniper

but otherwise i see your point.. LP is still not much better for being a prime

I've been trying to get this through for a while now that the Latron is really undpowered. I think DE has been listening and trying because the original before the prime came out did get a couple of buffs, and an amount I originally thought would be enough too. However after maxing a regular latron and using the latron prime I feel they are still much less effective than other weapons available. Even the Lex outshines the latrons, and it has slower fire rate and a smaller magazine. Long rifles meant for powerful, accurate shots should never be outshined by a handgun, even if it is the definition of a hand cannon.

Edited by Draxxon

Well considering how much more powerful t2 shotguns are(yes im looking at wraith) comparing them to t1 ones, t2 semi auto rifles should have at least 80 dmg or could fire 2 bullets per shot(i mean 2 barrels not burstfire), for t1 lp is fine.

Edited by Davoodoo