The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimate End Game Planet The Sun

azour

ugh GAWD u science nerds have to be so anal that u have the hobble telescope in ur anus JEEZZ. I fully support ur idea of le sun i think that would be sexy as fluff and you know what i hope there is lava AND u can stand on SOLID rock BECAUSE u know why ITS  A MUTHAFLUFFIN GAME. Like come on think OUTSIDE the box HECK even on a box or near a box would be fine but have some imagination.

ps: to you grammer nazis SUCK MY RHINO PACKAGE!!!!! >:3

I mean really... Obviously you get to the sun by traveling there by night...

I see no problem with missions set on the sun.  Probably ancient orokin power stations powering void generators or some such in there.  Gravity isn't an issue, everyone already has artificial gravity.  After that there is a ton of power just waiting to be siphoned out to power the shields you'll need.  Basic Sci-fi Stuff.

Do you know anything about the Sun other than the fact that it's big, bright and that it's at the center of our solar system?

If not I can see why you're posting this.

I do think that this is a bit of a stupid post, but seriously - the is Sci-FI - fiction. We can walk on the sun if we want to !

... No.

Here's a little background on the sun: the sun isn't a planet, it isn't a liquid ball of lava. It's a swirling, supercharged plasma sphere of death. You cannot stand on it, as the gravity would pull you straight through the 'surface' while the super heated plasma tears your atoms asunder until there's nothing left of you. Trying to stand on the surface of the sun would be like trying to stand on thin air. Except that the air is tens of thousands of degrees, filled with chainsaws, bees and tigers that want to eat your flesh.

So uhh, yeah, have fun visiting the sun. I'll be tanning a safe distance away on a beach.

This sums it quite good.

OP needs some re-education.

Oh my God, you science nerds must be so anal that you have the Hubble telescope in your anus. I fully support your idea of missions on the sun, I think that would be fantastic. I hope there is lava and that can stand on solid rock because it's a game! Come on and think outside the box . Heck, anywhere near a box is fine but have some imagination.

ps: you're very welcome!

Alternatively they could make a lava and stone tileset and put it on Mercury and Venus, or even a new extra-solar planet. Imagination and realism should always work hand in hand for the best results.

There is a concept called "verisimilitude", which means "having the appearance of truth". It's closely tied to "suspension of disbelief", people can only accept so many breaks from reality before it becomes unacceptable to their world view.

I assure you, missions on or within the sun would be an unacceptable break from reality.

Edited by ValhaHazred

hey, no need to be rude... i don't think in real life.. we have skills that burn or freeze everyone around us.. or make us ultra fast, anything is possible in a GAME right?

science fiction still has science in it

What if it was an artificial sun?

An artificial sun would still be a giant ball of superheated fusion plasma, but with an added bonus of throwing off the orbital dynamics of the entire solar system.

Does it mean that much to you that a lava tileset is called "the sun" instead of "Grineer Mercury base" or something?

Edited by ValhaHazred

An artificial sun would still be a giant ball of superheated fusion plasma, but with an added bonus of throwing off the orbital dynamics of the entire solar system.

Does it mean that much to you that a lava tileset is called "the sun" instead of "Grineer Mercury base" or something?

What if it was just a hologram and the grineer home planet is actually in there with The Sisters?

Then it's a fancy hologram of a lava planet. That's fine, no SoD or complete ignorance of basic physics needed. Or did you mean it was actually the size of the Sun? That's still pretty silly.

A simulation inside a station sized holodeck would be aces though. Think how much you could do to mess with the players. False enemies, hidden doors, illusions, holographic plasma traps, now that sounds like a good "endgame" tile set.

And for the record, the Grineer "homeworld" is Earth, seeing as they're humans.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Suspension of disbelief being required in many works of science fiction is one thing, but this is blatantly kicking physics in the nuts. So no, I don't think this is going to happen.

edit:

instead of surfin waves, we'll be surfin heat waves

Please. Everybody knows there is just one picture on the internet that is appropriate for surf analogies. If you gotta do it, do it right.

239eb92fdf7aa40d2d8f281420a01b31.jpg

ps: you're welcome.

Edited by Korevas

star-types.jpgthese are the star classifications ( our sun is a G main sequence star)  

our sun is a super heated giant ball of plasma that is constantly fusing hydrogen and helium in its core Releasing energy that traverses the star's interior and then radiating into outer space releasing temperatures of more than 27 million Fahrenheit  (15 million Celsius)

as soon as you even touch a stars surface you won't even melt you will blow up from the sheer heat

everybody on this thread has been schooled 

so...

NeIv2.gif

Edited by kyuosumaru