Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paracesis and Gara's Shattered Lash

SaltyKelong

Question

Is Paracesis the best weapon to use due to mod capacity?

Also, am i correct to ignore +range +attackspeed +crit mods?

Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fever Strike, 3 x 90 Elemental, Spoiled Strike, Buzz Kill, Riven/Rending Strike/Jagged Edge?

I've read somewhere that Jaw Sword is great too due to extremely high Riven disposition but i'm not sure if it has the capacity can fit all the mods required.

Thanks!

Edit: Paracesis is already 5 forma'ed due to it's unique mechanics. Getting a Jaw sword will require potato and possibly up to 8 forma. Also fashion.

Edited by SaltyKelong

4 answers to this question

The only reason that i think jaw sword would be better is because it has an augment from arbitors of hexis that adds 100% more damage and the truth effect and has high disposition. But as you said; 

20 minutes ago, SaltyKelong said:

Paracesis is already 5 forma'ed due to it's unique mechanics. Getting a Jaw sword will require potato and possibly up to 8 forma. Also fashion.

that's a lot of work when you already have the Paracesis maxed out. Although it will make the paracesis almost unusable normally with that type of build but whatever.

TLDR: just use the paracesis unless you want the extra work of getting and min-maxing the jaw sword and a good riven for it.

Paracesis is decent for it, though its Rivens are just ok.

whatever has excellent Rivens is really the most important part, that makes the biggest impact. so, whatever you have a Riven for is going to be able to outperform something you don't have a Riven for.
i must recommend specifically avoiding using any Augments Melee Weapons have, as they do not contribute enough Damage to be worth using when you're using a Riven. because you're just gonna have a Base Damage Bonus on the Riven because that's a must, and that makes those +100% Damage Augments total trash compared to an Elemental in their place.

similarly, Physical Mods also won't do you much good because Enemies are going to generally resist the Damage Type so if you're using Shattered Lash for Killing things, it won't really benefit much from them.

there are certainly Melee Weapon choices that will give significantly more Damage due to Rivens. whether you want to set those up for that, is up to you.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

Paracesis is decent for it, though its Rivens are just ok.

whatever has excellent Rivens is really the most important part, that makes the biggest impact. so, whatever you have a Riven for is going to be able to outperform something you don't have a Riven for.
i must recommend specifically avoiding using any Augments Melee Weapons have, as they do not contribute enough Damage to be worth using when you're using a Riven. because you're just gonna have a Base Damage Bonus on the Riven because that's a must, and that makes those +100% Damage Augments total trash compared to an Elemental in their place.

similarly, Physical Mods also won't do you much good because Enemies are going to generally resist the Damage Type so if you're using Shattered Lash for Killing things, it won't really benefit much from them.

there are certainly Melee Weapon choices that will give significantly more Damage due to Rivens. whether you want to set those up for that, is up to you.

You're right, should i use a Mire instead for the extra Toxin and it's 5/5 disposition?

I'm mostly using shattered lash for faster paced missions like Exterminate etc.

7 hours ago, SaltyKelong said:

You're right, should i use a Mire instead for the extra Toxin and it's 5/5 disposition?

that minor amount of Elemental is ok but not that big a deal. the 10% (there is the Augment too, see later) Toxin Damage will certainly increase your Damage a bit, but when you already have 255% of your primary Combined Elemental, the Relative Bonus (the single most important thing for Damage Modding in the game) gets pretty small.
however, it could still prove useful in situations that your secondary Elemental is not very strong (Primed Fever Strike + 3 90% Elementals: if the Enemy isn't really weak to this Damage Type and thusly would resist it then there could be a benefit in adding the Augment in place there. main example would be fighting Grineer, where you want to have Corrosive+Ice or Rad+Toxin depending on if you want to focus Ferrite or Alloy Armor more).

but still, the most important will be a Melee Weapon you actually have a Riven for. there are Melee Weapon choices with still even stronger Rivens than Mire - but because of #hiddeninformation (Warframes' middle name), you'll have to find that information on your own.