Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote Kick.

PettiTheYeti

Alright, I know this is a hotly contested argument. People will votekick just to troll. But we need votekick for legitimate reasons, like AFK's and players that are generally not good to play with.

I was just on a T3 Defense with three randoms from Recruiting chat. One says "I have to go on wave 6". Ok, cool, no problem. Abort out so I can invite someone else last minute to help out.

Nope. This guy lets himself get killed then doesn't abort, so he stays in the mission, and gets the reward that he barely worked for.

Good @(*()$ game, guy. Hope you enjoy that Paris Prime String.

DE, Please, give us a vote kick. I, and many others have dealt with stupidity like this for a while, and it hasn't ever personally bothered me up until now. But there's a time when people just push the limits without being punished, and this was one of the many times it has happened.

Allow us to get the AFK's, the jackasses, and the rushers OR explorers out of our games so that we can continue on with what we want to do, how we want to do it.

Edited by PettiTheYeti

First thing: normally the forum admins dont like people providing in game names like that so you will probably want to remove that.

Next, the ONLY way to avoid the trolling that vote-kicking will cause is to only allow a vote kick after a precondition is met.
Some of the preconditions can be:
1) Person is AFK for X amount of time
2) Person is in a seperate room than the rest of the team for X amount of time (to catch rushers, turtlers and those who get some auto-mover)
3) Person is holding a spy datamass and not getting to extraction in X amount of time while rest of team is there
4) Person is holding a deception/MD datamass and not using it while rest of team is in the tile to use it for X amount of time

And there can be preconditions to catch other forms of trolling and stuff that need to be added to that list but there NEEDS to be something to keep the trolls in check (as well as the people that go: 'You're playing Vauban in MD after the bastille nerf!', and harrassing me for choosing that frame, and I will bet money they would have kicked if they could...)

@alphex
A vote kick would work better in the cases where youre in a group with clanmates and have to do something IRL.  They may be perfectly fine with it and not care, and you shouldn't be kicked in those situations.
Leaving it up to vote is more forgiving for situations where people accept your going to be doing something and dont care and wont kick you.

First thing: normally the forum admins dont like people providing in game names like that so you will probably want to remove that.

Next, the ONLY way to avoid the trolling that vote-kicking will cause is to only allow a vote kick after a precondition is met.

Some of the preconditions can be:

1) Person is AFK for X amount of time

2) Person is in a seperate room than the rest of the team for X amount of time (to catch rushers, turtlers and those who get some auto-mover)

3) Person is holding a spy datamass and not getting to extraction in X amount of time while rest of team is there

4) Person is holding a deception/MD datamass and not using it while rest of team is in the tile to use it for X amount of time

And there can be preconditions to catch other forms of trolling and stuff that need to be added to that list but there NEEDS to be something to keep the trolls in check (as well as the people that go: 'You're playing Vauban in MD after the bastille nerf!', and harrassing me for choosing that frame, and I will bet money they would have kicked if they could...)

Number 2 sounds kinda hard this can affect players that split up on missions like spy or if someone like rhino with a thrak helm falls behind. 

@alphex
And that is why its a VOTE kick.  That way the other players have to conciously choose to kick the person.
At the point that that triggers they are given the ability to initiate the kick.  They dont have to vote and they dont have to vote yes even if someone starts the vote.

Naming and shaming is against the rules, OP.

That aside, vote kick would be horrifically abused in this game. Every time it comes up people love to talk about how "if we had vote kicks I would kick every nova/vauban/whatever frame I hate most instantly". It's a terrible idea.

They can talk about kicking people because of the frames they use all day and night. It still has to be voted by the other players.

There is going to be a group of 3 team trolls. For example, you could be the host and 3 random people(possibly same clan or friends) joined. They rush and in the last minute they activate vote kick just because someone is left behind just like Rhino most of the time due to all the Loki and Volt rush. You get kicked out after objective was done.

@Tsukinoki

Unfortunately, preconditions can always be exploited, especially with the devs allowing the use for hot keys and macros.

Yes, vote kicks have always, and probably always will, be abused by people who are too immature to play properly. Nonetheless, vote kicks are still needed in a game where people can sit back and leech off of everyone else, as has happened to me (and others) many times, including the mission that made me bring this up in the forum.

The fact that there are a couple of people joking sarcastically about the topic being brought up again, means this is not the first time people have been bothered by instances such as these, and that DE should seriously take a look at this problem, instead of just brushing it off because "it will be abused"

@Makemap
Doesnt even have to be that:
-you play pug with 3 friends who grouped up then set their match to public to get 4th player.  One of their friends comes online so they kick you to play with their friends.  Now you have just wasted time and lost everything. And I have actually been harrassed in game for refusing to leave for a groups friend/clanmate.

And even worse:
-Troll sits on mercury and kicks all new players who join his game as soon as they join.  How about that for killing the game: people's first interaction with the game is to be kicked repeatedly! 

@PettiTheYeti
And yet the preconditions will catch MOST of the trolls WITHOUT allowing it to be as easily used for trolling.
And they could make an extensive list of preconditions that would catch pretty much everything (and so what if they have a macro, if they stay in a seperate room from the rest of the party for so long they can be kicked so good luck having a universal macro that can keep up with a party).

Edited by Tsukinoki

@Makemap

Doesnt even have to be that:

-you play pug with 3 friends who grouped up then set their match to public to get 4th player.  One of their friends comes online so they kick you to play with their friends.  Now you have just wasted time and lost everything. And I have actually been harrassed in game for refusing to leave for a groups friend/clanmate.

And even worse:

-Troll sits on mercury and kicks all new players who join his game as soon as they join.  How about that for killing the game: people's first interaction with the game is to be kicked repeatedly! 

@PettiTheYeti

And yet the preconditions will catch MOST of the trolls WITHOUT allowing it to be as easily used for trolling.

And they could make an extensive list of preconditions that would catch pretty much everything (and so what if they have a macro, if they stay in a seperate room from the rest of the party for so long they can be kicked so good luck having a universal macro that can keep up with a party).

Ya, I can see abusive trolling clanmate or players making host on newbie zone, rush then kick. This happen to me in one of the games. I think it was L4D when we were doing good. It would look exactly the same in Warframe, but, warframe is much worst because you do have to farm.

@Makemap
If its a majority kick whats the majority of 2?  In this game its 1 (you can tell because the majority of players have to be at extraction to cause the timer and out of 2 players 1 can start the timer).
And because of that all it takes is a bunch of single players sitting there and just sitting at the entrance, not even starting the mission, and kicking everyone who joins.

And I dont even want to imagine the QQ threads on the forums for alert missions if they allowed vote kicking.

Two player matches means if one player starts a vote kick, the other is immediately kicked? Then disable vote kicks on anything less than three player games.

How about this.. To satisfy both the votekickers, and the people against it, how about a "Split Lobby" vote?

One player starts the vote, anyone who wants to stay with that player, joins that player. Anyone left over has a host migration to the new lobby. Everyone keeps their mods/mats/creds/etc, and everyone is happy that they don't have to play with people they didn't want to play with.

It would remove the issue of "3 rushers get to extraction and kick the slow poke", or "You have a frame I don't like, get out", or whatever other issues you guys are complaining about. People who get split apart can still finish their mission as if nothing more than a host migration happened.

Edited by PettiTheYeti

Some Call of Duty 2 servers had vote kick enabled long ago when I used to play it a lot....it was a nightmare and I (along with many other players) wouldn't play on votekick servers.

What we need is a personal blacklist. If your the host, any person on the blacklist cannot join your game, unless you allow it. You are alerted and you can click allow/deny, if you do nothing within n seconds, it's denied.. If your not the host, you are alerted that a player on your blacklist has joined and you can decide whether YOU want to leave the game.

The PERSONAL blacklist should allow you to quickly click on a name in the Z window to add/remove from blacklist. It should also allow you to put a short not as to why. This not is then displayed to you when you are alerted that a blacklisted player has joined a game or is attempting to join your hosted game.

We do not need vote kicking.