Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven and Arcane situation on switch

Maximos-EN-

I understand why DE removed them from migration from PC to switch but is there any way we can have them back later on? I really want to use my Braton prime in sorties and make my umbra an absolute tank with arcane guardian... please I need to know if it will ever happen or not!

After a day and discussing this topic with a few of other players there seem to be some ideas/confusion on how DE could've make this adjustment to the economy a little bit "better" for the long-term players / PC veterans:
(note: I am not sure if this is/was an option to do but nevertheless I want to mention it)
- make the rivens/items available in a later moment of time (so after a few weeks/months when the economy is sorta in place they get back into the game)
- make the PC-migration rivens/items untradable (that way the veterans keep their stuff and are not able to change the ingame economy for new players)
- implement some sort of compensation for each item; Riven: kuva, Arcanes: endo/credits, Legendary Cores: Endo (no 1on1 refund but at least something)

DE has all the rights to do this to the Accounts we are using, and I bet everything that this wasn't an easy decision someone made on their own. And I think a migration-process is something very very difficult to begin with too

Idk..just..something to say "hey, we acknowledge the work &effort you put in the pc-version of Warframe in the last months/years, and want to show our appreciation" instead of "This is the best for the Economy and new players, sorry for the suprise!" (and I agree that it is the best thing to remove those things from the economy is the best solution, I just think or hoped there would be a different way instead of completely deleting them from the Accounts)
There just seems to be some different options to solve this important problem out there~

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Fabpsi said:

- make the rivens/items available in a later moment of time (so after a few weeks/months when the economy is sorta in place they get back into the game)
- make the PC-migration rivens/items untradable (that way the veterans keep their stuff and are not able to change the ingame economy for new players)
- implement some sort of compensation for each item; Riven: kuva, Arcanes: endo/credits, Legendary Cores: Endo (no 1on1 refund but at least something)  

YES THANK YOU! I was thinking about the same thing! I hope DE reads this and decides accordingly cause outright taking them away is not the best solution honestly...(and im pretty mad about my 5k plat on pc not tranfering to switch i bought them for that reason T-T)

Edited by Maximos-EN-

Take a new platform for your game and flood it with players who are at a point where they can easily outperform any new players for months.

If you think that is a valid path for DE to take, you are insane.

1 hour ago, Kalvorax said:

how it should have been instead of punishing vets.

"Punishing" how? Did they remove your knowledge of the game or just slightly evened the playing field?

1 hour ago, (NSW)Fabpsi said:

Idk..just..something to say "hey, we acknowledge the work &effort you put in the pc-version of Warframe in the last months/years, and want to show our appreciation"

Like allowing you to take most of your stuff and your MR over to a brand new platform and not making you start from scratch? Rivens and Arcanes invalidate that?

vor 3 Minuten schrieb peterc3:

Like allowing you to take most of your stuff and your MR over to a brand new platform and not making you start from scratch? Rivens and Arcanes invalidate that?

It does not invalidate that at all, but a majority of long term players invested their time and effort in the last months/years by doing their personal "endgame-content"- which can be for example getting the "perfect personal"-riven for each weapon and all the arcanes to max. To take that away from a player after the migration by "surprise" can cause some frustration here and there. It will settle down in a couple of days.

Like i have said in a different thread already and mentioned here, I am totally happy that we pc players already have the option to transfer anything at all - this is not a self-given thing. And no matter what platform i am playing on, I will always appreciate and love Warframe. So thankful that I can be part of this Community^^
I do not disagree with their choice to remove them from the economy, only in the method and way in which it was done and I acknowledge that this is within their rights and we agreed to let them at any time.
Just my thoughts on it - that's all^^' I can totally see your point and you don't have to agree with me 🙂 

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Take a new platform for your game and flood it with players who are at a point where they can easily outperform any new players for months.

If you think that is a valid path for DE to take, you are insane.

power fantasy is name of the game and having strong people in this game won't hurt the new players at all, in fact, it can help them. And it's not just I want to be strong but so much so that I have worked so hard for the items I have put time and money into that I want them to carry over, doing it like this feels absolutely wrong, especially since they didn't tell us beforehand and decided to do it out of the blue without any consultation from the community. I just believe there were better ways to tackle this rather than just taking it all away...

54 minutes ago, (NSW)Fabpsi said:

It does not invalidate that at all, but a majority of long term players invested their time and effort in the last months/years by doing their personal "endgame-content"- which can be for example getting the "perfect personal"-riven for each weapon and all the arcanes to max. To take that away from a player after the migration by "surprise" can cause some frustration here and there. It will settle down in a couple of days.

Like i have said in a different thread already and mentioned here, I am totally happy that we pc players already have the option to transfer anything at all - this is not a self-given thing. And no matter what platform i am playing on, I will always appreciate and love Warframe. So thankful that I can be part of this Community^^
I do not disagree with their choice to remove them from the economy, only in the method and way in which it was done and I acknowledge that this is within their rights and we agreed to let them at any time.
Just my thoughts on it - that's all^^' I can totally see your point and you don't have to agree with me 🙂 

yea I do completely agree with you! I will love playing warframe on switch no matter what, but its just a moment of whiplash(?) that vets will feel when not all of their progress carries out. I was ok with platinum not duplicating to my switch (even tho I don't agree with this) since they told us beforehand but removing the arcane and rivens are just not the best way at all.