Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whatever Happened To Pink?

Bebeness

This is a girly complaint thread. Overall -- the customization for Warframe is PREMIUM and I love it to death. Generally no complaints. However, after the last update, my Nova's (who had a light pink energy from the classic saturated pack) energy now looks purple. I feel like the variations between the colors of energies is now sorta lumped together. What's the point of having all these colors that are slight variations of each other -- when all of the color bundles cost a bit of real money -- only to have light pink lumped together with purple? Why? >:

Her abilities still have the same color that it always was -- light pink -- just the color coming from her coils is now purple.

And I know this shouldn't matter people, but like I said, this is a girly thing but it's super satisfying for me to make the colors of my weapons match my warframe. It looks slick. But now they don't match -- because purple.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4618/vgu5.png

The color of the energy from the coils used to look closer to the energy of the machete blade. Matching is fun. Female.

Yeah, it doesn't really look pink at all.  Kinda like a maroon-magenta-purple hybrid.  But regardless, yeah, it's not pink.  Hopefully this gets fixed, Nova's had some color customization problems before, so maybe it'll be easy for them to notice it since it's a recurring problem.

what's with the pink and girls? why are girls obsessed with pink?

and if more seriously, I also could complain about ember. Her fire colors are sometimes matching the energy color, sometimes offset into yellowish which makes the final result terrible.

Edited by Aure7

what's with the pink and girls? why are girls obsessed with pink?

and if more seriously, I also could complain about ember. Her fire colors are sometimes matching the energy color, sometimes offset into yellowish which makes the final result terrible.

pink looks yummmy, pink looks fun, pink looks like happiness, pink looks like crazy

I'm not female, and I approve this message.

Haha, I didn't mean to make this sexist, it was just highly about appearance and the color pink. I play Warframe with two guys IRL, and they don't care what they look like at all and I'm a bit nuts about making weapons + warframes look the best they can.

And that said -- Pink IS just a gender norm for girls, I guess. It is also fun. It's not a color I particularly like, not on a list of colors I would pick as my favorite colors, but there's something satisfying about an entire room exploding in pink when I molecular prime. Haha, I call it "girl trolling" cause everyone has to see a flash of pink eeeverywhere. But I have it on my warframe because something about the white/pink/red combo looked nice to me, so I stuck with it. Until now, cause it doesn't look as nice as it once did.

I'm happy other people don't like how the energy colors look on warframes. I'm even a bit happy that I'm not the only one annoyed by it and that it's happening with other colors as well. Maybe they'll change it back if enough people don't like it?

there's something satisfying about an entire room exploding in pink when I molecular prime. Haha, I call it "girl trolling" cause everyone has to see a flash of pink eeeverywhere.

THIS. My Nova's more magenta, but her energy is BRIGHT PINK because PINK EXPLOSIONS! (Although my favorite color is actually purple).

You could try the Infested Pallete, it has some good shades of Pink, my Nova has a black/pink color scheme since I wanted her look to like Ayanes Ninja Gaiden 3RE outfit which is black and pink. 

I initially bought the Infested Pallet cause of the blue and it looked good on Nova, but now the Pink looks better while I keep the Blue/Dark Grey/Smoke Black for Rhino.

Or go for the brightest Sat Red since it's more pink if used as an energy color.

You could try the Infested Pallete, it has some good shades of Pink, my Nova has a black/pink color scheme since I wanted her look to like Ayanes Ninja Gaiden 3RE outfit which is black and pink. 

I don't really want to buy more packs of colors, since I already bought the color scheme I wanted. They just changed how the colors work, and it's a bummer, and I'd like them to go back to how it was. >:

All of my OCD's! Hnnnng. If that happened to me, I would be compelled to completely re-work my colour schemes. You have my sympathies.

Colour-matching is one of my favourite Warframe past-times. Every Warframe I own (Except Banshee. Struggling to make that girl's colours mesh nicely.) has a very specific colour set deviated from the pattern of greens and reds/oranges. Energy colour is per-Frame, though. Please don't hate me, I like a bit of arbitrary, I'm flamboyant that way.

I don't really want to buy more packs of colors, since I already bought the color scheme I wanted. They just changed how the colors work, and it's a bummer, and I'd like them to go back to how it was. >:

Well at least I'm not the only one going on about colors, I was alittle &!$$ed when the Infested Pallet came out with a much more saturated blue that the Saturated Pallet Blue shoulda been, and this is that blue is my favorite color so I got annoyed when it came to the Infested Blue ( 4th row, Column 1 ) Vs. the Saturated Blue. 

Only pallets I have are Saturated, Smoke and Infested, I try to make do with every shade just to get my moneys worth.

Edited by __Kanade__

New petition slogan: PURPLE IS NOT PINK.

In all seriousness (or as serious as colors can get), I plan on buying a color pack in the future once I am not scrounging around the house for quarters for the metro, and if there some color wonkiness that sounds pretty dissatisfying. I want to say that it may have to do with the translucent nature of the energy coming out of Nova's coils and mixing with the background, which devs may have changed in the last update? Somehow? For some reason? I don't really know how the visuals and mixing of colors work in the game environment. 

I initially bought the Infested Pallet cause of the blue and it looked good on Nova, but now the Pink looks better while I keep the Blue/Dark Grey/Smoke Black for Rhino.

Or go for the brightest Sat Red since it's more pink if used as an energy color.

it's not rly pink it's more purple, it has too much blue in it

the infested pack isn't worth it, bought it used it, and only bought it for the snowglobe for frost, but after the colour nerf (the ice itself stays white now) it's super useless