Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tombfinger Blast Radius Bug

ReshyShira

I was testing the Tombfinger to see why it just didn't feel right, or do it's job very well, this is what I discovered:

In a cluster of evenly spaced enemies the Tombfinger will regularly fail to hit anyone adjacent to them:

15EF2D8FA0EC6DA5C03C30A05936B9E39C92955C

So I tested further with more interesting results:

CF48D9F29D5C198FE9DAF2E5558439EC45468A7F

0435BD88DEDDFFC4EE6E4D22FC1AE1E66F43BB2A

2A8FA62C33A8EB0252D82A997C7F85B8A886ED30

DE5271E46C5688712A8B41A9E689C46DE8B7366D

11E302573CE4307BED51574498BA373D61535A8B

43C957BA31E681517D60C65BBBA346A5D88EE30E

Notice the theme here with all of these?  The blast radius is always blasting towards the player.  This means that in normal circumstances, where you typically shoot the nearest enemy, the blast radius simply doesn't work.  It'll blast away from all other enemies.  You can get it to work correctly by shooting enemies in the further back rows, but that's unreliable and just based on how it works I'm thinking this is a bug.  Either the blast radius is supposed to be uniform, but for whatever reason only works on the 180 degree arc facing the user, or whoever programmed the Tombfinger's blast arc used the wrong degree for how it's supposed to work.

Aside from that, the blast radius on the Tombfinger is pretty small, as seen in the first picture, and may not catch enemies even within this "correct" firing arch unless you're firing nearly parallel to them.

EDIT:  As pointed out by another poster, in that last image you can see enemies caught in the blast radius of Tombfinger taking more damage than the primary target, probably due to the radiation damage not hitting the primary target.

Edited by ReshyShira

Again there are multiple threads on this.  Tombfinger currently only does AoE damage (Radiation only) in a cone behind the point of impact.

Any target hit by the projectile will never take AoE radiation damage due to this.  Also it will never hit targets behind it (which is bad since you are likely to hit targets in front first).

Test by floor shooting beside and behind targets.

16 hours ago, Wandrecanada said:

Again there are multiple threads on this.  Tombfinger currently only does AoE damage (Radiation only) in a cone behind the point of impact.

Any target hit by the projectile will never take AoE radiation damage due to this.  Also it will never hit targets behind it (which is bad since you are likely to hit targets in front first).

Test by floor shooting beside and behind targets.

Yeah, that's also an issue.  I hope they fix it soon.