Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experience Mods.

Firetempest

Was thinking of ways to give new players the base mods they need to progress without giving them the true mods to reach end game.

The Tenno Recruit pack.

Basic mod duplicates that you will eventually replace as their end level amounts are stunted quite a bit compared to originals.

Cant be used in fusion and can only be trashed. You can get a new set of them completing the tutorial again if you accidentally or purposely sold them (0 credit) to get rid of them.

Basic idea. They will actually level up through the starter planets as you complete the missions for the first time. They can't be equipped with their analog. Mod cost is reflective on normal mods unless using a special Aura, details further below.

So the basic starter set I would expect to be health up, shield up, primary gun damage up, secondary gun damage up, melee damage up.

There are 30 missions between all of Mercury Venus and Earth. (A good number as that's max level for anything not supercharged) For each of those missions unlocked and completed  Each lotus mod will be Boosted once by the % listed.

It lets new players save up money from fusion takes the edge off about those most critical mods, provides guarantied but limited progression as they learn. Make a nice little booster pack starting brand new frames after completing the 3 planets.

Trying to strike a balance with weak but not too weak and capable for Earth as you can get 19 levels before earth.

Serration 15% 10 ranks would be Lotus Rectitude 3%

Hornet Strike 20% 10 ranks would be Lotus Courage 4%

Pressure Point 20% 5 ranks would be Lotus Respect 2%

Vitality 40% 10 ranks would be Lotus Honor 7%

Redirection 40% 10 ranks would be Lotus Wisdom 7%

So upon reaching earth, a new players Braton can have +57% damage by now when they would have not likely found Serration yet.

More on Mod cost, I was thinking of a special Aura mod that does nothing but make Lotus cards take no mod points. I don't know if its feasible for that effect to carry over to weapons, but weapons level rather fast anyway. Without the Aura each card would cost roughly the point equivalent of the cards they are mimicking At set intervals, so a max Lotus Wisdom at 210% shields would be 8 points. Like a Rank 4 Redirection at 200%.

rng is the name of the game doode

besides the first couple of planets have high droprates for vitality/redirection which is all you REALLY need for a bit

getting serration on a braton only helps so much

you need a better weapon in general because the braton series definitely under-performs

I think I'm gonna have to say thumbs down to this idea.  I know the difficulty has been ramped up, but I'm still gonna have to say that toughing it out for the early stages is part of the game.  In my opinion, that's kind of what makes games like this fun.  You just gotta grind the first few missions for awhile and pay your dues before you can earn the right to be called Tenno.

It's like when you first start Skyrim on the hardest difficulty.  I had to run in terror from bears and jump up and hide on a rock where he couldn't get me and poke at him with arrows for 15 min and burn through every potion/food I had.  Then by the end you just walk up and shout him off the cliff and watch him ragdoll to the bottom.  Gotta suffer through the early stages.  Makes it better in the end.