Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Kubrowdon Bug

OkamiA

So, recently there was a change that allowed you (as Ivara or Equinox) to sleep conservation critters with sleep cc abilities. (Sleep Arrow, Rest & Rage). However, when I go to sleep a Kubrowdon (the doggos that have the highest level echolure right now) Ivara's sleep arrow makes them lie down for a moment, then they immediately get right back up. I don't think you get the prompt, if it even comes up. (I've cast the arrow from right next to them)

It might be my build but I doubt it, as I gt at least 10-15 seconds with Verkimks and Bolarolas of sleep when I case Sleep Arrow. Enough time to walk up to them, hit the prompt, and for them to be whisked away.

Few facts I found out which I don't know if they are intended:
1. Sleep timer for them is halved if they didn't found you out (so calm/caution state)
2. Sleep timer is 1/10 of normal when they sniffed you out. Only way to sleep it in this state is to shoot it with Tranq Rifle TWICE.
3. Wear syandana to know wind direction, listen to calls in lure phase to know which way they spawn. Position yourself downwind to the animal predicted spawn. Additionally, good idea is to kill any Corpus units nearby, since they can spook animal too. Also, if animal spawns directly downwind from you, you are probably going to spook it no matter how fast you move.

Edited by TheBulldog

Huh, looks like I might need to make a build around Kubrowdons, at least if this is a build problem and not a bug

1/10th of the duration if detected... that's rather unreasonable I think

Edited by OkamiA

51 minutes ago, TheBulldog said:

Few facts I found out which I don't know if they are intended:
1. Sleep timer for them is halved if they didn't found you out (so calm/caution state)
2. Sleep timer is 1/10 of normal when they sniffed you out. Only way to sleep it in this state is to shoot it with Tranq Rifle TWICE.
3. Wear syandana to know wind direction, listen to calls in lure phase to know which way they spawn. Position yourself downwind to the animal predicted spawn. Additionally, good idea is to kill any Corpus units nearby, since they can spook animal too. Also, if animal spawns directly downwind from you, you are probably going to spook it no matter how fast you move.

for 1. and 2. - Ivara is currently bugged. Her sleep duration is supposed to be half not a quarter duration. For example, max duration 30.6 sleep arrow Ivara, if she sleeps a kubrodon, the sleep arrow timer will say 15.3 seconds, but the kubrodon will actually wake up at around 7.65 second mark (i.e. DE accidentally reduced Ivara's sleep duration to a 1/4 of the duration instead of the intended 1/2). I am guessing this is due to balancing because Equinox and Revenant are intended to be 1/4 duration, (and any high duration frame), because their max duration come in a at very long times 67 seconds and 91 seconds, respective. DE intended to balance Ivara to 1/2 since her max duration is short in comparison (only 30.6 seconds to compare), just currently bugged for Ivara. (I wrote up a thread about this below, I hope DE sees it eventually).

53 minutes ago, OkamiA said:

Huh, looks like I might need to make a build around Kubrowdons, at least if this is a build problem and not a bug

1/10th of the duration if detected... that's rather unreasonable I think

It's intended for Ivara to have 1/2 sleep time, but it is currently bugged and Ivara has 1/4 her sleep time (see my comment above about that).

I run a general Ivara build for Orb Vallis bounties (I only have 16.7 seconds on Ivara's sleep arrows). I still use this build for capturing kubrodons, even at the bugged 1/4 duration, its still reasonable to capture kubrodons. Although, I might have a natural tendency to move fast. Note: if the kubrodon does wake up from the 1st sleep arrow, the 2nd sleep arrow will be reduced even more (see my link), but this isn't a major issue I find. Remember sleep arrows allow you to directly capture the animal, so as soon as the sleep arrow hits the animal, instantly press your use key (you should be right beside at this point). The upside is that Ivara can recast the sleep arrow on the kubrodon upon waking up, so it shouldn't be able to move from its spot. Whenever I get a video made, I'll try to show this.