Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's Bloodletting augment concept

Xolot

As much as I enjoy playing Garuda, it seems the whole system is tied to the quick thinking mod, what makes it a mandatory mod for her in order to be able to use her passive, and bloodletting helps you reach the health threshold, but also leaves you in mortal peril.

The Bloodletting augment i'm proposing changes the way the skill works, and its called Clotshield

Bloodletting no longer gives any energy upon use, it only takes out 50% max health off Garuda, but if there is a Dread Heart currently floating about her, Garuda will rip it apart with her claws releasing tides of blood on top of her, and adding the value stored inside to her shield in the form of coagulated blood, forming something called Blood Shield. If the Dread Heart had enough charge to grow spikes, Garuda's model would also show some blood spikes along the blood coating that marks the use of Blood Shield

Blood Shield

This skill makes Garuda loses 50% of her max health, and also adds the value stored inside Dread Heart to her current Shield value. Being a improved shield, this means that it can be further improved by overshields. Also as it is a shield, nullifiers won't be able to nullify it, but a magnetic proc will make it disappear in no time. The skill can be recast as many times as one wishes to lose health, but the Dread Heart won't be consumed again until the current Blood Shield expires, be it by duration or damage taken.

This coagulated shield should add a new defensive mechanic so Garuda isn't left unprotected and ready to die the moment one high level enemy decides to shoot at her by an uncovered side, or while she is jumping to execute Dread Mirror. While also giving the user another option to spend the Dread Heart charge, instead of thinking about shooting a loaded one for something it could have already done just with the equipped weapons.

Thematically speaking, it gives Garuda a nice interaction with the corpus units, while also reinforcing her hemomancer theme

Edited by Xolot

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

While definitely interesting, it feels a little complex for a Warframe augment imho.

definitely.

I had one idea in short though: (Maximum Rank View complete with a rank list.)

Hemomantic Shell

Bloodletting Augment: Gain Armor equal to 100% of Health Drained for 20 seconds, While the armor holds, 50% of damage taken is redirected to the attacker.

• Unranked: Gain Armor equal to 100% of Health Drained for 11 seconds, While the armor holds, 35% of damage taken is redirected to the attacker.
  • Rank 1: Gain Armor equal to 100% of Health Drained for 14 seconds, While the armor holds, 40% of damage taken is redirected to the attacker.
  • Rank 2: Gain Armor equal to 100% of Health Drained for 17 seconds, While the armor holds, 45% of damage taken is redirected to the attacker.
  • Max Rank: Gain Armor equal to 100% of Health Drained for 20 seconds, While the armor holds, 50% of damage taken is redirected to the attacker.

hace 18 horas, Almighty_Jado dijo:

While definitely interesting, it feels a little complex for a Warframe augment imho.

Yeah, I might have gone a bit overboard, the whole description might aswell be a new skill at this point, will simplify it

hace 13 horas, (XB1)Skullstachio dijo:

definitely.

I had one idea in short though: (Maximum Rank View complete with a rank list.)

Hemomantic Shell

Bloodletting Augment: Gain Armor equal to 100% of Health Drained for 20 seconds, While the armor holds, 50% of damage taken is redirected to the attacker.

• Unranked: Gain Armor equal to 100% of Health Drained for 11 seconds, While the armor holds, 35% of damage taken is redirected to the attacker.
  • Rank 1: Gain Armor equal to 100% of Health Drained for 14 seconds, While the armor holds, 40% of damage taken is redirected to the attacker.
  • Rank 2: Gain Armor equal to 100% of Health Drained for 17 seconds, While the armor holds, 45% of damage taken is redirected to the attacker.
  • Max Rank: Gain Armor equal to 100% of Health Drained for 20 seconds, While the armor holds, 50% of damage taken is redirected to the attacker.

The Idea does seems nice, and I did think about something similar before the current version I posted, but found 2 flaws and decided to turn it into something akin to iron skin

1. the skill loses utility as Garuda loses her health, until the point where her passive is at max, and this skill might as well not exist, as with low health points Garuda would get barelly any bonus, she would have to heal herself to max in order to get that armor and damage redirection, and thus, nullifying her own passive, also, as it happens with shattershield, it would get deleted as soon as Garuda got in contact with anything that nullifies, leaving her low on hp and without any defense to soften the blow (thats why i decided to make it interact with Dread Heart instead of her hp, and make it an addition to the shield, so it isn't counted as a nullifiable buff, similar to how overshields also isn't)

2. I also felt that a straight armor buff would be way too similar to Valkyr's Warcry, and while both are easily comparable, I didn't want to make an augment that stepped on Valkyr's toes anymore 

On 2018-11-25 at 1:13 AM, Xolot said:

Yeah, I might have gone a bit overboard, the whole description might aswell be a new skill at this point, will simplify it

The Idea does seems nice, and I did think about something similar before the current version I posted, but found 2 flaws and decided to turn it into something akin to iron skin

1. the skill loses utility as Garuda loses her health, until the point where her passive is at max, and this skill might as well not exist, as with low health points Garuda would get barelly any bonus, she would have to heal herself to max in order to get that armor and damage redirection, and thus, nullifying her own passive, also, as it happens with shattershield, it would get deleted as soon as Garuda got in contact with anything that nullifies, leaving her low on hp and without any defense to soften the blow (thats why i decided to make it interact with Dread Heart instead of her hp, and make it an addition to the shield, so it isn't counted as a nullifiable buff, similar to how overshields also isn't)

2. I also felt that a straight armor buff would be way too similar to Valkyr's Warcry, and while both are easily comparable, I didn't want to make an augment that stepped on Valkyr's toes anymore 

Did you take the Arbitration Drones into account due to their “Warframe ability immunity” which can be spread to nearby enemies?

hace 2 horas, (XB1)Skullstachio dijo:

Did you take the Arbitration Drones into account due to their “Warframe ability immunity” which can be spread to nearby enemies?

Might be overlooking something, but can't see how Arbitration Drones have anything to do with this Bloodletting augment, as it isn't a offensive skill in its current state, nor can it be dispelled due to it being a shield buff instead of a skin-like skill

13 hours ago, Xolot said:

Might be overlooking something, but can't see how Arbitration Drones have anything to do with this Bloodletting augment, as it isn't a offensive skill in its current state, nor can it be dispelled due to it being a shield buff instead of a skin-like skill

Namely, if garuda is to perform admirably against higher level enemies (especially in arbitrations) that is one of many things to consider amongst other activities.

hace 11 horas, (XB1)Skullstachio dijo:

Namely, if garuda is to perform admirably against higher level enemies (especially in arbitrations) that is one of many things to consider amongst other activities.

Now that i think about it, does Garuda get to use Dread Mirror against invulnerable enemy units like those affected by arbitration drones? Never used her in there due to how easy can be to instakill her if you are even trying to use her passive at 50%.

Besides that, yes, she should be good in high level enemy missions, as dread mirror adds damage taken into dread heart, thus would equall to quite the shield if using this augment. It will never be equal to Rhino's iron skin regarding how many loops Garuda would have to jump through in order to get that shield, but her potential would be limitless, similar to Gara's splinter storm, but adding the boon of not being dispelled by nully and also being able to use her passive to the max (if she doesn't get toxic procced that is)