Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Ranking

KimchiKen_Prime

Question

16 answers to this question

uh. They all level up the same. And it doesnt matter which are the cheapest because you are gonna need more than a couple of cheap weapons to increase your mastery.

Best way to level gear would be to do defense missions to high level, or do Mobile defense missions on ceres.

Melee weapons rank fastest when you pair them with a warframe like Loki, Ash, and Rhino (from personal experience) because they all allow you to get up in the bad guy's face without getting targeted or severely hurt. I find Loki does wonderfully here. 

Can't really say much for the primaries and secondaries other than mobile defense (Kappa, and that one infected mobile defense on eris, cyanth I think) have a lot of bad guys showing up. Warframes like Rhino and Ember can do get crazy kill numbers with their ubers, especially because of the surplus of energy orbs.

EDIT: Just wanna point out I'm not saying melee rank up faster than primaries or secondaries. I'm just offering a strategy I've personally used numerous times as I've ranked up and formaed by Loki, Ash, and Rhino. Ember too when Overheat allowed her to be a tank.

Edited by michaelwii

Fastest way would essentially be use and level every weapon in the game. Specific weapons that seem to level up faster than others are ones that can kill relatively quickly at unranked. But really, a weapon would only level faster if you use it. Regardless of weapon type, if you use X weapon to kill Y enemy then that weapon will have most likely gained more exp than any other in your loadout. Using Affinity boosters and running high level Endless Defenses as well as Mobile Defenses would probably yield the most affinity. c: 

They all level up the same. 

Best way to level gear would be to do defense missions 

Defense missions give very good amounts of exp especially if you get to rounds 15+. Defense missions in higher rounds can reward void keys which is, another good way to get exp.

On the question of which blueprints are the cheapest to create, please check the http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki'>Warftame Wiki

Edited by KingKeif

uh. They all level up the same. And it doesnt matter which are the cheapest because you are gonna need more than a couple of cheap weapons to increase your mastery.

Best way to level gear would be to do defense missions to high level, or do Mobile defense missions on ceres.

I find my Despair levelling up signifcantly faster than my strun

I find my Despair levelling up significantly faster than my strun

They are entirely different weapons. Despair deals direct damage and can be thrown twice in the time it takes to shoot the Strun once. Strun is a shotgun and deals spread damage. Meaning you are more likely to kill an enemy with the despair because it is a direct attack. 

Shotguns just suck.

By "they all level the same" I meant that each weapon takes the same amount of exp to max out, by what I can tell.

How fast they level can be determined by how much you use them, and if you party up with people or not. Playing solo makes weapons level up much slower in my experience.

They are entirely different weapons. Despair deals direct damage and can be thrown twice in the time it takes to shoot the Strun once. Strun is a shotgun and deals spread damage. Meaning you are more likely to kill an enemy with the despair because it is a direct attack. 

Shotguns just suck.

wait it was actually a latron prime, and what are you talking about, i said i had a "strun" and a despair equppied and used the "strun" much more but despair somehow got more exp ==

And shotguns dont suck.

what are you talking about, i said i had a "strun" and a despair equppied and used the "strun" much more but despair somehow got more exp

Nope, you only mentioned how Despair levels faster compared to another weapon. To quote:

Were you playing in a team? Xp from teammates' kills are shared, and are divided equally among your equipment and might skew the xp count by a lot.

you really think i am gonna waste 30 platinum on that?

Affinity Booster is well worth it if you want to level stuff quickly, and have the plat to spare. The 2x Affinity weekend was pretty much proof of that. Unless if you weren't playing/missed it, of course.

It also depends on what weapons your allies use more. You gain secondary XP from them leveling their Primary or Secondaries as well

Also, the Strun just sucks, unless you mean the Straith, in which case, you must be missing or something.

Kappa/Kiste/Cyath are the best places for XP that I know of. Or T3 defense, except unranked weapons aren't preferable here.

It also depends on what weapons your allies use more. You gain secondary XP from them leveling their Primary or Secondaries as well

Also, the Strun just sucks, unless you mean the Straith, in which case, you must be missing or something.

Kappa/Kiste/Cyath are the best places for XP that I know of. Or T3 defense, except unranked weapons aren't preferable here.

wraith*

It actually does not matter. Experience from ally kills is split 25/25/25/25 among your equipment regardless of what they used to kill the enemy with.

wait it was actually a latron prime, and what are you talking about, i said i had a "strun" and a despair equppied and used the "strun" much more but despair somehow got more exp ==

And shotguns dont suck.

While you used it more, did you actually kill more enemies with your Latron Prime than your Despair? It's extremely likely you just killed more enemies with Despair.

Edited by CitizenV

"Fastest" is essentially decided through Opinion NOT Fact. The "Fastest" way in my opinion is to choose the weapon you wish to rank up and have the rest of your weapons and Warframe be max ranks and the most powerful.

Now go into an Infestation Defense mission. Before going to the Cryopod to begin the first Wave look around and break all containers available and collect all Affinity to help rank up quicker. When finished begin the waves and fight as much as possible using only your strong weapons and avoiding the weapon your ranking. This way your using strong weapons to mash through enemies as easy and quick as possible without feeling useless using a rank 1 weapon or frame. Another tip would be to buy the blueprints of the weapons you don't want, Max their rank then Sell them until you only have to Obtain the weapons you want. That way you can enjoy yourself that little bit more without having to go through weapons you dislike just to gain Mastery XP.