Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello Everyone ! New Here To The Forums With A Question...

03-AALIYAH-

I've heard rummors that this game in a future will have PvPvE gameplay... this is what the dude was explaining in game while we killed a boss.... (well something like this... not obviously the exact wording)

"you are minding your own business and you end up in another player's "mission" ... your mission is to kill him and his is to kill you...  the way the player knows you invaded his mission is just the same as when the stalker finds you... the lights start flikering on and off etc etc..."

what i want to know... is this true ? if it is... this game just got a new founder

That would have been a cool, like seeing two factions fighting each other in the middle of a mission.  But then that would be hard and frustrating when you just killed an extremely hard boss solo and then a group just comes in and kills you off and mission failed.  

its not confirmed, but odds are that the new pvp system will be very dark-souls esque

This is untrue. In the past DE has actually expressed they've got no interest in such a thing.

as a person that has over 900+ hours on dark souls... this makes me happy

We'll be getting some 2v2 dueling fairly soon. That will be the extent of PvP in the game - at least for a while.

and thats how i go from happy to sad in less than 10 seconds

They never said it was out of the question - only that they had no interest in such a thing at the time.

This was said months ago.

So I suppose if enough support for the idea cropped up in the community DE might change their mind - but I'd doubt such a thing will come to pass. As far as I'm aware DE is looking to keep PvE and PvP separate.

You and your team make a group then kill it, and the boss tries to kill all of u, and there is a bit of team battel of players agains players, but still the game its still growing and refining itself, if u can help it by being a founder great, and fear not, they are going to make and implement a LOT of thing, this game its still like a baby, but has a big future ~

Because getting randomly trolled by an overpowered invader that can kill you in one shot = fun. Gotcha.

It is easier to tackle balance for that sort of feature then I'm seeing you give credit. You shouldn't sweat details like balance. Balance is the part that comes after deciding how things will actually work.

They never said it was out of the question - only that they had no interest in such a thing at the time.

This was said months ago.

So I suppose if enough support for the idea cropped up in the community DE might change their mind - but I'd doubt such a thing will come to pass. As far as I'm aware DE is looking to keep PvE and PvP separate.

Yeah or have it an option that u can enable. one thing i have learned from aion, the most pvpve, is thst ppl hate being forced into pvp. Hell even in mmos ON PVP SERVERS ppl get realllly mad when they are killed. This would anger too many but it seems cool.

I would be all for it but pvp in this game cannot work at all with the current way the skills and guns work. It will be worse than wotlk pvp where killing was so fast it was measured in globals (1.5 seconds per global). This game has weird and crazy abimities since it is a pve game and doesn't have to worry about balance. Like how do u balance blessing, bastille, pull, bladestorm, etc??

With that in mind i don't want them to nerf the game around one or the other like what would happen in wow, where an ability gets nerfed bc how it was performing in either pvp or pve and the other was affected. they need to start from scratch and have pvp versions of every ability. Also gotta address lultishot and stuff

It is easier to tackle balance for that sort of feature then I'm seeing you give credit. You shouldn't sweat details like balance. Balance is the part that comes after deciding how things will actually work.

In a game with abilites that are so over the top bc they never had to think about balance, i disagree. Many games balancing is the hard part, not deciding things xD.

There is no way something so idiotic would ever be implemented. That would &!$$ off so many people its not even funny. What would they call it? A****** mode?

dark souls

but then again that series was made to p!ss people off anyway

edit:

In a game with abilites that are so over the top bc they never had to think about balance, i disagree. Many games balancing is the hard part, not deciding things xD.

"never had to think about balance"

"vauban nerf too much!"

also like blatant said, pvp and pve being seperate is a good solution. the mod card system has endless possibilities.

Edited by rCaliberGX

What are you talking about? That's already in game....

Yep. But that isn't intentional, that is just someone at DE dropping the ball.

It is in the game but not 'released' yet.

Nah. I feel like you'd be surprised. Making it interesting and fun is more important then keeping things balanced in the conceptual stage.

FFFFFF..... as a pure PVE player, I was all like:

"Heeey, haven't seen that before"

*loading*

.... "HOLY F***, alt+f4 alt+f4"

I'll probably take a crack at it once with a clanmate or two and then never touch it again honestly.

I don't think Warframe will ever have an engaging Deathmatch PvP experience. I can't see the potential a lot of people like to say is there.

Maybe someday in the future DE will set up a CTF mode. That'd probably work out better. Objective gametypes would have the potential to mesh better with the full scope of the game. 

This is untrue. In the past DE has actually expressed they've got no interest in such a thing.

We'll be getting some 2v2 dueling fairly soon. That will be the extent of PvP in the game - at least for a while.

I like how we went from "Warframe is a pure PVE game and will never have PVP and will never balance around PVP" to "NOW WE CAN DUEL" with a few suspicious nerfs. To this.

I like how we went from "Warframe is a pure PVE game and will never have PVP and will never balance around PVP" to "NOW WE CAN DUEL" with a few suspicious nerfs. To this.

Go back and actually listen to DE answering questions about PvP.

Even months backwards you'll find they always made sure to say 'Not right now' or 'Not a priority'.

The only people saying it'd never happen where fans.

I'm on the boat of "little to no PvP focus at this time", simply because of the sheer amount of work that would have to be put in for it to be standable in any way shape or form. Loki and Excal can't do a darn thing against a Rhino. Hardly anyone can do a darn thing about an angry Rhino.

Which is why I am wholly for a L4D style PvP. Think about it. We have 4 man squads, good maps, clear goals, a decent variety of enemies, and said enemies would be fun and challenging to play against when being controlled by a person.
With the added bonuses of not having to tweak Frames themselves, and only small additional features to add rather than whole new arenas and such, it becomes a fun and different game mode, plus you could choose not to participate in it, selecting it instead from the "Online/Private etc" menu.

All in all, DE has said nothing as to preferences when it comes to PvP type, but they simply keep throwing little steak medallions to keep the dog from barking.

I'm on the boat of "little to no PvP focus at this time", simply because of the sheer amount of work that would have to be put in for it to be standable in any way shape or form. Loki and Excal can't do a darn thing against a Rhino. Hardly anyone can do a darn thing about an angry Rhino.

Which is why I am wholly for a L4D style PvP. Think about it. We have 4 man squads, good maps, clear goals, a decent variety of enemies, and said enemies would be fun and challenging to play against when being controlled by a person.

With the added bonuses of not having to tweak Frames themselves, and only small additional features to add rather than whole new arenas and such, it becomes a fun and different game mode, plus you could choose not to participate in it, selecting it instead from the "Online/Private etc" menu.

All in all, DE has said nothing as to preferences when it comes to PvP type, but they simply keep throwing little steak medallions to keep the dog from barking.

Gotta agree with ya mate, but here's a few things that would need to be figured out first. (Small things, and I'm not arguing, just putting things out so threadgoers can contribute and come up with solutions)

1) Mob controller's spawning: Do the people controlling the mobs choose where they spawn? What kind of mob they spawn as? Would I get to spawn as a Roller and make these guy's lives hell? (I have skill at dodging bullets as a small object, days in Prop Hunt on Gmod playing as an orange does that to you.)

1.2) Heavies: Does the game randomly spawn these guys still? Will they be like the Tanks in L4D? 'You must damage a Tenno in this timeframe, or you'll get booted from this Napalmer!'

2) Choosing who's a mob controller (MC) and a Tenno controller (TC): Do we take turns? Or is it all random?

3) Grenades (and abilities): How often can a MC use a grenade/lockdown? Should they get any other abilites?

4) Alerting the enemies: Does a MC get to activate an alert? Do they spawn after the alert to prevent them from bumrushing the Tenno and forcing an alert?

There's more I want to type, but I'm sleepy and want to avoid a wall o' text. T_T

Gotta agree with ya mate, but here's a few things that would need to be figured out first. (Small things, and I'm not arguing, just putting things out so threadgoers can contribute and come up with solutions)

1) Mob controller's spawning: Do the people controlling the mobs choose where they spawn? What kind of mob they spawn as? Would I get to spawn as a Roller and make these guy's lives hell? (I have skill at dodging bullets as a small object, days in Prop Hunt on Gmod playing as an orange does that to you.)

1.2) Heavies: Does the game randomly spawn these guys still? Will they be like the Tanks in L4D? 'You must damage a Tenno in this timeframe, or you'll get booted from this Napalmer!'

2) Choosing who's a mob controller (MC) and a Tenno controller (TC): Do we take turns? Or is it all random?

3) Grenades (and abilities): How often can a MC use a grenade/lockdown? Should they get any other abilites?

4) Alerting the enemies: Does a MC get to activate an alert? Do they spawn after the alert to prevent them from bumrushing the Tenno and forcing an alert?

1) As with L4D, location is chosen by the player, and would have to follow basic rules, such as Line of SIght and Proximity.

1.2) There are enough fancy units that you wouldn't have to worry about tanks. Bosses could be tanks. Players could be Heavy Gunners, Shield Lancers, Shockwave Moa, Techs, Ancients, etc.

2) TUrns, obviously.

3) I simply don't know.

4) THat one is a conundrum.

If they do bring any sort of pvp into this game, it better be (and will probably be) totally optional. That means this whole "dark souls" crap is more than likely not going to be implemented unless people can opt out of that sort of stupidity happening in their game. That crap wasn't even talked about by the devs or anyone in charge. It's just some half-assed rumor people are spreading. imo - if you want to play dark souls, go @(*()$ play dark souls and keep that S#&$ out of Warframe.

Edited by Cidolfus